PDA

View Full Version : European Computer Driving License.

Describe
31-03-2010, 06:02 PM
ECDL for short.

Is anybody currently doing this/done this? It apparently looks good on your C.V in todays world run by technology. I done two modules today, passed them both with the same 86% pass mark on both which was odd. I'm aiming to be far into advanced ecdl by the time I finish college.

Smits
31-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Never heard of it before??? :S

Describe
31-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Never heard of it before??? :S
I didn't until I started college. Here is what Wikipedia has to say!

The ECDL / ICDL certification is a globally recognized Information and Communication Technology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_and_communication_technologies_in_educ ation) and digital literacy certification

Tash.
31-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I did it as a night class while I was at college. It is a requirement for most office jobs, shows you to be computer literate (though it is very easy to pass I have to say).

myke
31-03-2010, 08:37 PM
My college has just became a Microsoft certified academy and they're supporting us kinda as a sponsor - and so we will have to do these to even get into the lower end of the school. Same with teachers - will be interesting.

*waves goodbye at half the teaching staff*

Describe
31-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I did it as a night class while I was at college. It is a requirement for most office jobs, shows you to be computer literate (though it is very easy to pass I have to say).
I reckon I'm going to start looking for a part-time office job thing to do, weekend type of thing.

Tash.
31-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I reckon I'm going to start looking for a part-time office job thing to do, weekend type of thing.

It certainly won't hurt to have it. Most people can do what the ECDL teaches and certifies you for, but the qualification proves you can do it.

syko2006
31-03-2010, 09:22 PM
We was doing that, but taking the test for it ended up turning into a hurrendous failure and they can't guarantee when we'd be able to take it, so now we've moved onto a different course called AIDA. My school is useless.

Describe
31-03-2010, 09:22 PM
It certainly won't hurt to have it. Most people can do what the ECDL teaches and certifies you for, but the qualification proves you can do it.
I know there are a large majority of people that can do it, but what about advanced ecdl? the big leagues, lol. +rep to you anyway.

Tash.
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Hmm well I aren't sure which ECDL I did, I know I did Level 2, whatever that is but it was really simple stuff. Like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Internet and then Email. Thanks for the rep :)

Madox
16-04-2010, 12:43 PM
in my school they said it plain and simple, the gave it to the people the thought that wer not going to achive 5 A*-C' in english or maths, but the downfall was nearlly the whole year had to do it beacuse everyone was achiveing there target grade in english but everyone was failing in maths ! even people predicted A's in maths got D's

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!