PDA

View Full Version : Too much fuss over rooney?

Smits
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Does anyone else think the whole rooney thing has been made out to be far worse than it is thanks to the media. I mean i used to injur my ankle all the time when i played and was always playing the next week. Yet he might miss the world cup?

Also, is it not amusing how fabregas plays on with a broken leg yet he's only grabbed half the headlines rooney did? :S

Titch
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Does anyone else think the whole rooney thing has been made out to be far worse than it is thanks to the media. I mean i used to injur my ankle all the time when i played and was always playing the next week. Yet he might miss the world cup?

Also, is it not amusing how fabregas plays on with a broken leg yet he's only grabbed half the headlines rooney did? :S

i think its because tbh its the first time in YEARS AND YEARS we actually have a good chance for world cup, we have one of the best, if not the best striker in world in perfect form atm and everyones just worrying to much

Sharon
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Yesh it is annoying but like Titch said we have a shot this year though.

Smits
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Is anybody really worried? I know i'm not, i've recovered from those injuries without the expert medical attentian available to him. I think it's all down to the press, they publish stories like those and people will buy them! ;)

CHA!NGANG
I think the BBC were stupid. SSN stated yesterday that Rooney was only slightly injured nothing major and BBC today act like the fact that it's a small injury is huge groundbreaking news when everyone knew it already. And yeah I know about Fabregas but I guess he's not English. Wonder what the Spanish papers are saying about Fabregas.

Arron
we have a good chance but we wont win :P
only reason he gets so much attention is because he's english, players for a top team and is a top top player.
but there's the Media for you. always making out worse than it is already.

JackBuddy
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
The Fabregas thing is exaggerated too. He hasn't broken his leg exactly, but the media is saying it to make it more dramatic.

Titch
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
So we all agree (for the first time ever in sports section) that its just the media over reacting and hyping both things to much?

Jack.Lfc
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Asif england even have a chance of winning the world cup.

Arron
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
5 of us agree. that isn't the whole of the sports forum but yeah sure :) media just goes ott.
but yeah over in Spain I bet Fabregas has got the same media attention like Rooney has over here.

Smits
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
It's certainly bigger than ronney's injury though. Just makes you realise that everything in the paper is only there to sell stories.

Jack.Lfc
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
5 of us agree. that isn't the whole of the sports forum but yeah sure :) media just goes ott.
but yeah over in Spain I bet Fabregas has got the same media attention like Rooney has over here.

Why?

They'll just slot alonso, xavi, or inieta in his place

CHA!NGANG
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
He's still a big player for Spain and the fact that it was against Barca would make it even more media friendly.

Arron
01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
^yeah.
"out for rest of season"
it would make the media **** out and claim he's not going to the world cup, causing riots and maybe a war with footballs.

Jack.Lfc
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
He's still a big player for Spain and the fact that it was against Barca would make it even more media friendly.

Im not arguin about that. Fabregas is massive. But spain have other quality players who can step in and play the role. England dont, thats why they will win **** all.

Arron
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
we have emile heskey.

CHA!NGANG
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah England don't have a great squad, good first XI. Reminds me of Liverpool actually.

Jack.Lfc
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah England don't have a great squad, good first XI. Reminds me of Liverpool actually.

I agree

CJW93
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I read that Fabregas fears he broke his leg, yet he could slightly run a little?

CHA!NGANG
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I read that Fabregas fears he broke his leg, yet he could slightly run a little?

What now? He has broken his Fibula a part of his leg...

Arron
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
no he means yesterday during the final stages of the match.
he was still running/limping around!

CHA!NGANG
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh I thought it was a sarcastic comment saying that apparently he thought he broke his leg but somehow he could still run. He didn't actually run much in the final part of the match, more limping. He probably thought it was broken anyway, he might as well still play as it would be his last game this season. Or maybe he thought it would be his last ever game for Arsenal so he had to try and play the whole game. Who knows ;)

luce
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Is anybody really worried? I know i'm not, i've recovered from those injuries without the expert medical attentian available to him. I think it's all down to the press, they publish stories like those and people will buy them! ;)

with all respect you don't play to a high standard nearly every day. I mean we will have to go all out on saturday and wednesday which can't compare to the level you played at. And people will really go for him because the only way to handle him is mark him out of the game.

However i do think people are making too much of a fuss over him. It's Rooney he never stays out for long and everyone just wants a good headline after the cheating scandals surrounding the CH defense ;)!

Geraint
01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
one player doesn't make a team. it's not good having your best player but wayne rooney won't win you the world cup just like messi won't win it for argentina, torres for spain, kaka for brazil etc. It's team effort, obviously you need someone to finish the goals but let's face it you're not going to win it with rooney are you?

Jack.Lfc
02-04-2010, 12:57 AM
one player doesn't make a team. it's not good having your best player but wayne rooney won't win you the world cup just like messi won't win it for argentina, torres for spain, kaka for brazil etc. It's team effort, obviously you need someone to finish the goals but let's face it you're not going to win it with rooney are you?

Bravo my point exactly.:eusa_clap

Catzsy
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Well looks like he only has minor ligament damage, anyway.
http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/Rooney_Injury

Titch
02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Well looks like he only has minor ligament damage, anyway.
http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/Rooney_Injury

hes only out 2-3 weeks at most fergi said this morning

TickTockTickTock
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
hes only out 2-3 weeks at most fergi said this morning
Don't know why you say 'only', he's missing your three most important games left. MUNICH, Chelsea and City.

StefanWolves
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
wow english people bashing the english national team, my god you should all be so proud!!

anyone who is in the world cup, has a chance of winning it, fact, it doesn't get any more simple than that - i mean north korea and new zealand have a chance, cause guess what? they're in the world cup!!

Black_Apalachi
07-04-2010, 05:17 PM
You guys actually think we have a good chance of winning the World Cup?! I don't see how it's any better than previous world cups and I would have even said our chances were much worse.

Is the hype over Rooney vs Fabregas really that much of a brain teaser? Anyway, congratulations for learning how the media works lol.

Smits
07-04-2010, 05:31 PM
You guys actually think we have a good chance of winning the World Cup?! I don't see how it's any better than previous world cups and I would have even said our chances were much worse.

Is the hype over Rooney vs Fabregas really that much of a brain teaser? Anyway, congratulations for learning how the media works lol.

I personally think we have the best chance we;ve had in a while this year.

Jack.Lfc
07-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Rooney is starting

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Loool, watch him get injured, and this time I don't care at all. If he wants to risk his own health, and his countries chance to win the WC because he wants to play fair enough for him, but if he gets injured he has no-one to blame apart from himself. If Munich are smart they'll know how to target him too and it'll make it worse for him.

Bit crap though because people have bet good money on this game, and SAF said a lot of times that they wont risk Rooney, and then they go and start him..

Jack.Lfc
07-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Hehehe wonder what the media will say if rooney gets injured again. If i was the bayern manager i would tell them to kick **** out of him, see how long he lasts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!