PDA

View Full Version : Escapist March Mayhem

Fez
01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Over the course of a month, tens of developers have gone head to head in community polls. It happened last year and it was a nice little bout of friendly competition.

But now, our little piece of paradise has gone.

Zynga (casual developer of Farmville and other Facebook games) has been entered into the competition, and has eliminated treasured developers in quick succession.

Now I ask of each and every one of you HXF gamers to hold the line.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.184375-Poll-Round-5-Field-of-Four-7-Zynga-vs-1-Valve?page=31

You all know the mission, and what is at stake.
I have come to trust each of you with my life -- but I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns.
We are trained for gaming; we would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way.
Think of our heroes;
Geoff Keighley, who defeated Fox News with a single quip.
Or Tim Ingham, who kept audiences at bay with honest facts.
These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are.
Before the internet, there was Nintendo Power. Before Steam, there were gamers!
Our influence stopped the casuals, but before that we held the line!
Our influence stopped the Alan Titchmarsh show, but before that, we held the line!
Our influence will stop Zynga; in the battle today, we will hold the line!

Stefy09
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Do I need to vote when valve are 1000+ ahead anyway?

Fez
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Do I need to vote when valve are 1000+ ahead anyway?

Zynga usually blog that they need votes at around 10pm.

Every vote counts!

Stefy09
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
oh **** *** at it now lol Seriously though everyone knows valve are better so who cares who wins, although it would be embarrassing for them

Neil
02-04-2010, 03:06 AM
This is so stupid, Zynga beat Rockstar North and Infinity Ward, if they beat Valve then the world has more morons than I expected, if it wins and beats Bioware then I think all hope is lost for humanity. (I say thing because Blizzard will not beat Bioware. xD)

Stefy09
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Zynga is winning. But I love how the poll is.. you can either sign up OR you can use FACEBOOK

unfair way to vote imo, people should all have to register. Zynga just have to post saying go to that page and sign in with facebook and all users that play zynga games have fb when not all gamers will have facebook so won't be bothered to vote.

Also escapist have been banning valve supporters, someone analysed the voting and found out in 2 seconds, valve lost 100+ votes. So dunno why they've been banning people who vote for valve?

Fez
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Looks like we should save our votes for the final battle.

Bioware vs. Zynga
Dedicated vs. Casual

Stefy09
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
zynga will still win no matter what, people don't vote on what is best and the old people who play zynga games probably dont even know what valve or any other companies they've beaten are

Jam
02-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Zynga will win because 4chan are voting for them, according to the escapist forums.

Fez
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
The gap is closing!

Niall!
03-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Do the words GEE GEE GEE GEE mean anything to you?
Because I think I know where you found this.

Anyway, I was extremely annoyed when they started losing.

Neil
04-04-2010, 12:10 AM
You mean other than the Escapist forums? o.O

Stefy09
05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
lol valve beat them!111

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!