PDA

View Full Version : New Phone :D

GommeInc
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Got me self the new Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 from O2 on a contract :D So I guess I'm part of the lovely Android family now :P

It's a pretty good phone, but only has Android 1.6 because Sony Ericsson are a bit hopeless, but it is hopefully meant to be upgraded to the new one soon. The Timescape and Mediascape features are incredibly good, everything is in sync with each other - Facebook, Twitter and e-mails :D

Anyway, anyone got any interesting Apps they wish to share? I've downloaded the Opera Mini Browser to try out, and Google Sky Maps (which is very interesting).

Romanity
01-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Oooo Nom nom, i like those phones tbh.

xxMATTGxx
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
You so have to download the Looney Tunes Soundboard for sure! Haha. If you need a file manager, which basically lets you see anything on your SD card and so on, then search for ASTRO.

Beebplayer > If you want to watch anything from BBC iPlayer
Barcode Scanner
AK Notepad
Ebuddy
TasKiller (It's like a task manager for your phone)

There is many many more to check out on the market.

GommeInc
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
You so have to download the Looney Tunes Soundboard for sure! Haha. If you need a file manager, which basically lets you see anything on your SD card and so on, then search for ASTRO.

Beebplayer > If you want to watch anything from BBC iPlayer
Barcode Scanner
AK Notepad
Ebuddy
TasKiller (It's like a task manager for your phone)

There is many many more to check out on the market.
Which Barcode Scanner do you suggest? I downloaded one (before I messed up with what Gmail account to use) and it seemed to of been American :P

xxMATTGxx
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Which Barcode Scanner do you suggest? I downloaded one (before I messed up with what Gmail account to use) and it seemed to of been American :P

Mines the one called "Barcode Scanner" made by "ZXing Team". I use it mostly for scanning QR codes, which are these odd looking things:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Wikipedia_mobile_en.png

GommeInc
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I was wondering why aload of Android users had those images as their avatars (different forum :P). Will have a look into it, just nee to download and install Google Shopper :)

marriott0.01
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Got me self the new Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 from O2 on a contract :D So I guess I'm part of the lovely Android family now :P

It's a pretty good phone, but only has Android 1.6 because Sony Ericsson are a bit hopeless, but it is hopefully meant to be upgraded to the new one soon. The Timescape and Mediascape features are incredibly good, everything is in sync with each other - Facebook, Twitter and e-mails :D

Anyway, anyone got any interesting Apps they wish to share? I've downloaded the Opera Mini Browser to try out, and Google Sky Maps (which is very interesting).

How is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 apparently it's been plagued with problems such as lagging etc... Does it seem stable to you?

GommeInc
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
How is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 apparently it's been plagued with problems such as lagging etc... Does it seem stable to you?
Only lag I've had was when I used Timescape for the first time, so it floods with emails, text messages, Facebook statuses and so forth. It's fine the rest of the time :)

HotelUser
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the Android family :)

Automatic Task Killer - for killing tasks easier
GrooveShark - for quick access to music (you need a VIP account with them, but it's so worth it)
Opera Mini 5 - Because it renders pages much faster than the built in browser

marriott0.01
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the Android family :)

Automatic Task Killer - for killing tasks easier
GrooveShark - for quick access to music (you need a VIP account with them, but it's so worth it)
Opera Mini 5 - Because it renders pages much faster than the built in browser

Or he could just use Spotify App for Android, as it is so much better but it is £10 per month.

GommeInc
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Installed Automatic Task Killer and Opera Mini :) Is Opera still in beta? Because that's the one I downloaded and installed yesterday :)

I don't really need music apps, I have a Zen for that (yes, I know, this should play music but the Zen wipes the floor with it in the music sense :P)

HotelUser
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Or he could just use Spotify App for Android, as it is so much better but it is £10 per month.

I wouldn't know about Spotify, as it doesn't work from Canada.

marriott0.01
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't know about Spotify, as it doesn't work from Canada.

I know that but I was suggesting it has he lives in the UK :) x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!