PDA

View Full Version : How could I..?

Luke
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I've got some logitech speakers which put out some decent audio which are connected to the PC. Without inputing TV to PC, is there some kind of splitter i could use so i could plug speakers into the PC AND TV?

Luke

Jordy
02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
To put it simply no, this had me baffled for AGES. If you want to go for 5.1 surround sound on both TV and PC you have to buy an expensive switch box which they no longer make and it rarely appears on eBay. Alternatively you could go for the Logitech Z5500s which does support multiple inputs but they're not cheap.

If you use a standard Y splitter you risk blowing up your speakers by having two inputs so that's really not recommended, they're generally poor quality too.

I eventually settled for some Logitech Z-4s which seem to have really good audio quality and a decent sub-woofer for 2.1s. They have PC input on the subwoofer but it also has another input socket on the controller for TV too :)

Luke
02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I've got these:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129428

On controller, it's got headphone & mic in - that's it. Guess I'll just have to do the input method then, very rarely have computer off :L hah

Cheers anyways
+rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!