PDA

View Full Version : Memory stick

Aces
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi, I'm working on a project at school and I am forced to use their computer. Open office is really bothering me and I was wondering if it's possible to install word 2003 onto my memory stick and then run the program via the memory stick without ever installing the program onto the computer.

Would this be possible? In that case, how?

Jordy
03-04-2010, 05:38 PM
You can't legitimately do it but it looks like there is some cracked versions that do it.

Try this torrent; http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4538568/Microsoft_Word_2003_-_Portable_Version

Quite a lot of seeders and the comments seem good other than it not working on Windows 7 allegedly.

Aces
03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you very much. ;)

triston220
04-04-2010, 01:02 PM
You can just install office on a memory stick as far as I'm aware, cracked or not. When you get the option of location for install, just select your memory stick as the location. The only problem is, it will take up a lot of space on your memory stick.

HotelUser
04-04-2010, 01:43 PM
You can just install office on a memory stick as far as I'm aware, cracked or not. When you get the option of location for install, just select your memory stick as the location. The only problem is, it will take up a lot of space on your memory stick.

Yep, this is true, and everything's statically linked and there's files everywhere.

There are "portable" versions of office 2007 too, where everything is linked within a single executable.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!