PDA

View Full Version : FM10, NFS: Shift and GTA IV

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey,

Thinking about ordering these two/three games in an hour or so.

What are they like?

Adamm
04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
If by FM10 you mean football manager 2010 then it is the most addictive game on the earth. You only have to look at my signature to realise that.

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 04:59 PM
If by FM10 you mean football manager 2010 then it is the most addictive game on the earth. You only have to look at my signature to realise that.

Yeh I mean football manager aha. By being addictive do you mean good as well?

Also adding Grand Theft Auto IV to my question. That any good?

Idc they have all been out for months, they are only like £10-£15 each now :P

Adamm
04-04-2010, 05:05 PM
It's a specific genre. It's not action packed. It's frustrating, but equally rewarding. I love it. To me it's fun, I spend hours at a time on it and it's a game that you have to spend a lot of time on to get into it properly. It's a marmite game, that's for sure.

I played Shift on the 360 and didn't think too much of it to be honest. Forza is much better. GTA 4 is a solid game, worth it at the small price especially with the add ons now out (or coming out soon) for the PC.

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
It's a specific genre. It's not action packed. It's frustrating, but equally rewarding. I love it. To me it's fun, I spend hours at a time on it and it's a game that you have to spend a lot of time on to get into it properly. It's a marmite game, that's for sure.

I played Shift on the 360 and didn't think too much of it to be honest. Forza is much better. GTA 4 is a solid game, worth it at the small price especially with the add ons now out (or coming out soon) for the PC.

For GTA, what do you mean add ons? Like what is in them?

As you know, I love football and many people are obsessed with FM10 lol. And if it is good, then as you might also know I would be like you and spend hours on at a time :P

Interesting view on Shift - I have Colin McRae Dirt 2 atm, but I would prefer to have a racing game where I can edit and make the cars better and personalise them more - which is virtually out spoken on Dirt 2 ;(

EDIT: Going to have to ask.. is FM10 good if you are more in to managing the lower league teams? ike most manager games are piss easy with Manchester United etc, but what is it like if you wan to manager what I efer to as 'real football'? :P

Adamm
04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
GTA - you know the Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned adons are out for PC now.

I'm currently managing Gillingham and have spent 7 consecutive seasons in League 1. Frustrating but I'm really willing to get them to the Premier League someday. On this save alone I've accumulated about 3 days of playing. FM is all about rise to glory and believe it or not managing Manchester United isn't easy (old players, debt etc). But yeah, lower league teams are fun (more frustrating, but fun).

brandon
04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Definitely get FM2010.

You could probably do an all nighter playing FM2010 alone and not feel tired.

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok so FM2010 will defo be one of the ones I get. Out of interest if you get fired what happens?

And if you wanted to leave the club do you have a contract until you can leave or?

Like how do you switch clubs, or can't you?

dbgtz
04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
gta iv episodes are now on pc and ps3 (seperate disc for ps3 though). GTA IV isn't worth it if you plan on going online tbh.

Stephen!
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
GTA - you know the Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned adons are out for PC now.

I thought the PC version wasn't out for another week or two?

brandon
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok so FM2010 will defo be one of the ones I get. Out of interest if you get fired what happens?

And if you wanted to leave the club do you have a contract until you can leave or?

Like how do you switch clubs, or can't you?
If you get fired you have to wait until a job opportunity becomes available, then you can apply or you may even be approached. You can also 'declare an interest' in managing clubs that aren't doing so well. You can resign at any time.

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
If you get fired you have to wait until a job opportunity becomes available, then you can apply or you may even be approached. You can also 'declare an interest' in managing clubs that aren't doing so well. You can resign at any time.

Ooh fantastic.

Already excited now aha :D

CJW93
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
When you make a good team out of nothing on Fm you actually feel as if you have achieved something. Football manager is amazing

AgnesIO
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Should arrive tomorrow (can't see it happening)! Can't wait omgg :P

I love games where it actually makes you feel you have done well, as oppose to games where you simple put in a cheat and get unlimited money (well ost people do) - then if you compete it without cheating you think' 'I could have done that n the half the time with a cheat' :P

Adamm
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Just this morning, after 7 consecutive seasons in League One and 3 consecutive play off finals, I have got Gillingham promoted to the Championship. Some people might call me sad but bloody hell I'm happy lol.

AgnesIO
05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Just this morning, after 7 consecutive seasons in League One and 3 consecutive play off finals, I have got Gillingham promoted to the Championship. Some people might call me sad but bloody hell I'm happy lol.

Well done!

Can't wait o play as Orient haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!