PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific

Yupt
05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Just got it set to series record aha :D
9pm tonight is Part's 1 & 2 / 10
Can't waitt!

Who else is watching it, and any news on it?

Smits
05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I've seen it advertised and it looks really good. Probably wont manage to catch it though, maybe i'll watch it online.

Yupt
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
That's a shame, but if you have Sky+, record it. It's probably worth watching.
9pm tonight on Sky Premiere or Sky Premiere HD.

Orangeesh
05-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I did make a thread about it here, but nobody was too interested haha, yes I will probably watch it... but Im gunna wait untill the whole thing is finished and then watch it online all at once in one day. :P Looks amazing though I expect it to be alot better than band of brothers or as good as.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=627332&daysprune=365

Nixt
05-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I cannot wait for this! It's gonna be good I think :D.

Misawa
05-04-2010, 04:00 PM
If it's half as good as its predecessor Band of Brothers, it's going to be fantastic.

Yupt
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Ah, sorry about making the second thread, didn't notice the first one. But so close to the time now, it's worth bringing up again (:
And yeahh, i'm really looking forward to it, all the ad's i've seen on Sky Movies has made me v. excited :D it looks epic, big names too.
They must've taken ages filming though, tonights thing is like, an hour long, and that's only Part one and two. Jeesh.

Misawa
05-04-2010, 05:39 PM
They're only 30-minute episodes? That's annoying.

If any of you haven't seen Band of Brothers and like The Pacific, go out and buy the boxset right away. I doubt The Pacific will touch it, as good as it may be.

Yupt
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM

If any of you haven't seen Band of Brothers and like The Pacific, go out and buy the boxset right away. I doubt The Pacific will touch it, as good as it may be.

They do two parts at a time tho, so it's pretty much 5 parts, 1hour long /each.
They say theres 10 parts, but as said, they go in two's so they surely will just lead straight onto each other.

Maybe each part is it's own significant part of the war?
Or it could be each part represents a different characters point of view. ;)

Tash.
08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I watched this last night (missed it on Monday and Sky Premiere are showing it at 10pm each night until Monday next week if you want to catch up) and it is really good. I like it a lot, I haven't seen Band of Brothers but I do intend to buy it now, though won't watch it until after i've seen all this or i'll likely get confused :P But yes, I hope the following episodes are as good as the first two.

Black_Apalachi
10-04-2010, 01:11 AM

Agreed. I don't have Sky Movies so won't be able to watch this yet but I'm almost certain it won't be as good as Band of Brothers.

Smits
11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Well i've just started watching this and i'm quite impressed. I'm watching it online and these episodes are more than 30 mins long.

Also i havnt seen band of brothers, so after i;ve watched this, i'll move onto that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!