PDA

View Full Version : HTC HD2 vs. HTC Desire

AgnesIO
05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
A mate is getting one of these.

What one is better (mainly based around their OS's)

HD2 has Windows Mob 6.5
Desire has Android 2.1

xxMATTGxx
05-04-2010, 09:04 PM
A mate is getting one of these.

What one is better (mainly based around their OS's)

HD2 has Windows Mob 6.5
Desire has Android 2.1

From what I have seen by comments, Windows Mobile isn't a great OS. Although I have recently gone over to the Android platform and can't fault it, so android!!! :D

AgnesIO
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
From what I have seen by comments, Windows Mobile isn't a great OS. Although I have recently gone over to the Android platform and can't fault it, so android!!! :D

I said go for Desire too haha. Just seeing what people on here think

GommeInc
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Isn't the Desire pretty powerful too?

Jordy
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
HD2 for the screen size and it's OS, Windows Mobile 6.5 is quality, if people just embraced how capable it is and used it with an open mind it would be much more successful. Instead everyone just jumps on the bandwagon that it's old, microsoft and rubbish when it can actually do a lot more than other OSs. No disrespect to the HTC Desire though, Android is also an excellent OS and it also features the excellent Snapdragon processor.

I personally think it's all about the HTC Evo 4G announced a fortnight ago, I'm unsure whether it's coming to Britain but it's basically a HTC HD2 with improved specifications and Android.

- Better battery than HD2
- The first 4G handset
- 8MP Camera
- Same epic screensize as HD2
- Snapdragon processor
- Mini HDMI Output
- Little kickstand built in to rest it on a desk and watch 720p videos including YouTube HD
- 500MB of RAM
- 1GB Built-in
- Supports up to 32GB using a Micro SD card
- Android

What's not to like? Best phone by miles.

xxMATTGxx
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I think HTC confirmed it was not coming to UK or EU shores. Plus its 4G capabilities would be pretty pointless in this country! :P

But before UK readers get too excited, HTC has said that the world's first 4G handset won't be launching in the UK and Europe, no doubt partly down to the fact we have no 4G network up and running as yet.

HD2 for the screen size and it's OS, Windows Mobile 6.5 is quality, if people just embraced how capable it is and used it with an open mind it would be much more successful. Instead everyone just jumps on the bandwagon that it's old, microsoft and rubbish when it can actually do a lot more than other OSs. No disrespect to the HTC Desire though, Android is also an excellent OS and it also features the excellent Snapdragon processor.

I personally think it's all about the HTC Evo 4G announced a fortnight ago, I'm unsure whether it's coming to Britain but it's basically a HTC HD2 with improved specifications and Android.

- Better battery than HD2
- The first 4G handset
- 8MP Camera
- Same epic screensize as HD2
- Snapdragon processor
- Mini HDMI Output
- Little kickstand built in to rest it on a desk and watch 720p videos including YouTube HD
- 500MB of RAM
- 1GB Built-in
- Supports up to 32GB using a Micro SD card
- Android

What's not to like? Best phone by miles.

Casanova
05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
In my opinion i'd go for the desire. Windows professional 6.5 is good, but it can be a tad tempramental in my mind. It is nice and smooth but it feels a tad un-polished. Whereas you know android 2.1 will just kick ass. The desire isn't fully released yet, but using the 2.1 on a legend today and it really is another class!

The hd2 is a tad too big, it does feel like top end quality but it's not a phone for your average user.

plus the fact that the desire has a one ghz processor!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!