PDA

View Full Version : Paypal?

Luke
06-04-2010, 09:36 AM
What happens if you go into debit with paypal? Like charges, recuring fees etc?

Luke

xxMATTGxx
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
What happens if you go into debit with paypal? Like charges, recuring fees etc?

Luke

You will have limited function of what you can do on your account. Hmm forgot what else it might be but if it was on your actual bank account then the bank can charge you a fee.

Luke
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Okayy, well, i can't overdraft my bank, so it would just be paypal. I need £20 to pay for ebay item, as i want it ASAP. I know for certanty I have £40 on the way, just not for a couple of days. So you think I could have -£18 for couple of days safely?

*The £40 will be getting sent to my paypal, will thata be affected?*

xxMATTGxx
06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Okayy, well, i can't overdraft my bank, so it would just be paypal. I need £20 to pay for ebay item, as i want it ASAP. I know for certanty I have £40 on the way, just not for a couple of days. So you think I could have -£18 for couple of days safely?

*The £40 will be getting sent to my paypal, will thata be affected?*

From PP:

Resolving your negative balance

If you have added and confirmd your UK bank account, you can add funds to raise your balance to zero or a positive balance.
To add funds from your bank account, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click ‘Add Funds’ at the top of the page
3. Click ‘Transfer Funds from a Bank Account in the United Kingdom’
4. Enter the amount you wish to add
5. Click ‘Continue’
6. Review the details and click ‘Submit’
7. Click ‘View the details of this transaction’ to see the expected clearing date for the funds transfer

Note: It will take seven to nine working days for the funds to appear in your PayPal account.

If your PayPal account is limited and you are not able to add funds to your account, you can send a cheque, banker's draft or postal order to the following address:

PayPal Europe
P.O.Box 9473
Dublin15
Ireland

Please ensure you include the PayPal email address that is to be credited and make your payment payable to PayPal

Adamm
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
If you're under 18 your bank can't charge you anyway.

Luke
06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
From PP:

That looks pretty confusing tbh.. Think I'll scrap the idea of negative.

Yeh, wasn't worried about bank, was paypal.

Cheers guys

xxMATTGxx
06-04-2010, 10:50 AM

True but they can put a charge on then you can complain saying your under 18 blah blah blah. :P

Smits
06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I think youd be right for a couple of days, you'll go negative and then get limited paypal. Then just pay the money when you get it.

Luke
06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
But, would i be able to pay it back, by getting money sent to that account, or would i have to balance it using my bank?

KyleSmith
06-04-2010, 11:40 PM
When i was in negative figures, Your paypal account was limited. You could not do NOTHING untill it was resolved,

After 2-3 weeks they charge you more each time you do not pay. Once paid back your account gets the limiter taken off.

Also if it takes it from your bank it all depends what bank your with. If it takes it out you end up with a sur-charge fee for overdrawing.

Jam
06-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Get a PayPal Top Up Card, too late for this but if you ever need anything in the future you can just go to a Post Office or Newsagent and put cash on.

Kieran
07-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I used to regularly go in to negative Paypal balance when bills came out I forgot about... It generally didn't matter. I even left it for a few weeks at one point.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!