PDA

View Full Version : Collateral Murder

Verrou
07-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but it's a video obtained from a helicopter camera that shows the murders committed by the US Military. These soldiers need to be brought to justice and then shot. It makes me sick just listening to those creatures talking on the radio. They are not human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

More information here: http://www.collateralmurder.org/

Thread closed by Garion (Forum Manager): As it has already been posted - http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=637061

danzooo
07-04-2010, 03:49 PM
That's sick, they just assumed it was guns they were carrying...

Hitman
07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
This was in the news section.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 05:19 PM
This middle-east war is proving more pointless every day. Sickening.

Smits
07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Firstly, it is very easy to mistake what they had for guns. I mean, at one point the guy even crouches behind a wall and appears to be pointing something at the copter. Listen as they frantically try to get permission to engage, they obviously fealt threatened.

Secondly, what are they doing pointing things at a helicopter like that? And why were those two reporters following these men around?

Thirdly, why the hell would you bring children into an active fighting site like that?

It shouldnt of happened and is unfortunate, but it's an easy mistake.

Swastika
07-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I dont agree with what they did but imagine yourself being in that situation, iraqis that appear to be poinitng weapons at your helicopter?
Those people with cameras could have been for taliban propaganda, especially with men that appear to be carrying weapons openly down an iraqi street?
We just dont know for sure, so to label these soldiers killers or murderers is abit farfetched, they obviously felt threatened but they do appear to want to kill those iraqi men from the very start.
People die in wars and its a shame those children got injured but at the end of the day its a warzone and its un-safe.

But back to the point of those american soldiers wanting to kill them right away, its another case of "never stand infront of a yank with a loaded gun". They're too trigger happy and want to shoot anything that moves.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd like to say, after watching this video and studying things/reading up on things. Within the group of people that Saeed was in, one was carrying an RPG and another an AK 47. I'd just like to balance this out a bit. I'm not saying what the soliders did was justified because it wasn't - espeically when the van came. That was dispicable behaviour. There were no weapons on show and no threat to anyone when the van arrived. There were children in the van as well noted AFTER the pointless violence.

The first shootings were fine. They were justified. You don't carry RPG's and AK 47's around the streets with you in the middle of an Anglo-East war. You're asking for it. The way that the soliders speak to each other is fine as well. After all, they're in a war and they're not going to talk to their enemies as if they're best of pals. It's like going up to the school bully and telling him he's pretty or whatever. You're going to cuss.

What I can't defend in their speech, however, is the following:

"Maybe he has a weapon in his hand?" Assumptions should be backed up by visual aids.

"Well it's their fault for bringing their kids into battle" No. The van had nothing to do with the initial shootings and or gang of people and should never of been fired upon in the first place.

All in all, this is everyday stuff in the middle east blown WAY out of proportion by lazy journalists, especially Wikileaks.

I advise you all to research further into this case especially this: http://blog.ajmartinez.com/2010/04/05/wikileaks-collateral-murder/.

Thanks, and let's try and get rid of lazy journalism because things like this happen.

Another note: I am not pro-war. I am anti-war. Especially this pointless war.

Misawa
07-04-2010, 05:48 PM
What the soldiers did was unjustified for the most part, BUT, many of those men DID have weapons. I've seen worse.

Black_Apalachi
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure about the first part because there were weapons involved. However the van which came along could easily have just been passing and saw people who needed help. It in no way at all posed a threat. Also the point about not brining kids to a fight is stupid because they were in the van which could have been an innocent party and either way, it seems like a village where there could be children anyway.

Smits
08-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure about the first part because there were weapons involved. However the van which came along could easily have just been passing and saw people who needed help. It in no way at all posed a threat. Also the point about not brining kids to a fight is stupid because they were in the van which could have been an innocent party and either way, it seems like a village where there could be children anyway.

If they were passing by and thoguht people needed help, why on earth would they start loading DEAD bodies up? it's obvious why they went, to collect the bodies. I think the soldiers are supposed to do that which must be why they fired.

They brought the kids and should havnt, but they soldiers shouldnt just shoot the van either like that.

Black_Apalachi
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
If they were passing by and thoguht people needed help, why on earth would they start loading DEAD bodies up? it's obvious why they went, to collect the bodies. I think the soldiers are supposed to do that which must be why they fired.

They brought the kids and should havnt, but they soldiers shouldnt just shoot the van either like that.

How do you know they were dead?

Stephen!
10-04-2010, 02:22 AM
If I thought they were pointing an RPG at me, I would shoot them.

Colin-Roberts
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
if they even remotely think there are weapons pointed at them, i'd shoot too. Its your life or theres imo its an easy call.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!