View Full Version : Halo reach.

[Chris]
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Views?

Personally I have 1 word : What.

And no HALO IS POO!@!!11

samsaBEAR
07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I can't wait. I'm not hugely fond of the multiplayer, it's fun to kill some time on, but the whole jumping and burst firing then beating a guy down think gets boring quickly, that said, I'll be playing the Beta to death probably. Where Halo's strength lies (in my opinion) is it's campaign and the storyline behind it. Both Halo 3 and ODST had amazing campaigns, and I can't wait to play Reach's

Nuct
07-04-2010, 10:49 PM
The story of Halo Reach should be one hell of an ending for Bungie. To be honest, I can't wait either, they've finally added some new features that will make the game play much better. Apparently Halo Reach is supposed to have a 'bigger and longer' campaign than the previous games, which will be something interesting to see.

Fez
07-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Where Halo's strength lies (in my opinion) is it's campaign and the storyline behind it. Both Halo 3 and ODST had amazing campaigns, and I can't wait to play Reach's

I troll way too often but I don't think your heart lies in the right places.

Halo is about empowering a super soldier to perform deux ex machinas against an insurgent alien threat. All fine and dandy but it's not exactly something to be respected and lauded, and it's not where Halo's strength lies (apparently).

ODST I finished in 2 hours at a friends house, thought it was a complete joke for a full retail title.

The story of Halo Reach should be one hell of an ending for Bungie. To be honest, I can't wait either, they've finally added some new features that will make the game play much better. Apparently Halo Reach is supposed to have a 'bigger and longer' campaign than the previous games, which will be something interesting to see.

I'm willing to bet £5 that it'll be less than 6 hours (on average).

I doubt this will be the last Halo game from Bungie.

Nuct
07-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm willing to bet £5 that it'll be less than 6 hours (on average).

I doubt this will be the last Halo game from Bungie.

I have a feeling they just mean bigger maps when they say longer campaign... might add a bit of a delay.

It has been confirmed that it's Bungie's last game, 343 studios will be taking over.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007095p1.html

Fez
07-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I have a feeling they just mean bigger maps when they say longer campaign... might add a bit of a delay.

It has been confirmed that it's Bungie's last game, 343 studios will be taking over.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007095p1.html

I wouldn't count on that, almost word by word the same announcement Bungie made after Halo 3. It's all about the money.

Nuct
08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't count on that, almost word by word the same announcement Bungie made after Halo 3. It's all about the money.

I sure hope so. 343 Studios didn't exactly enlighten many people with the release of Halo Wars, however they might just keep it as an FPS.

Misawa
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
They couldn't care less about the consumer. The first two were there to make a video game, but the third onwards is all about the cabbage, and now they're just milking the cash cow. Totally unoriginal, bland and boring game for me, always has been, always will.

samsaBEAR
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I troll way too often but I don't think your heart lies in the right places.

Halo is about empowering a super soldier to perform deux ex machinas against an insurgent alien threat. All fine and dandy but it's not exactly something to be respected and lauded, and it's not where Halo's strength lies (apparently).

ODST I finished in 2 hours at a friends house, thought it was a complete joke for a full retail title.

Aha, I suppose you're right about ODST's campaign length, but I still think it was a brilliant campaign. But I'm hoping that Bungie have taken all the criticism from ODST onboard and actually act upon it.

They couldn't care less about the consumer. The first two were there to make a video game, but the third onwards is all about the cabbage, and now they're just milking the cash cow. Totally unoriginal, bland and boring game for me, always has been, always will.
Halo's community is probably one of the best, in terms of the developers. They're always putting on events, and they all play the game themselves. They definitely care about the consumer

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!