PDA

View Full Version : Super-fast broadband tax scrapped

Luke
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM
The broadband tax has been scrapped in the last-minute scramble to rush key legislation through before Parliament is dissolved next week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8606639.stm

Great :rolleyes:

xxMATTGxx
07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8606639.stm

Great :rolleyes:

It was most likely going to get scrapped if another party was running the country. Shame really, I would have this more then the stupid digital bill.

Luke
07-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Just shows what ***** are in charge of our country :/
Looks like we're still going be lagging behind in terms of technology (:

Recursion
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
You do realise this money was just going to get a guaranteed 2Mbps to rural areas? Probably wouldn't have affected any of us.

They were trying to get the mobile networks to do this too, was talking to dad about something like this and it would have caused no end of problems... not factoring in congestion on the mobile networks.

Smits
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeh it would of been good but i don't think it's such a big deal that it's scrapped. Maybe it will be re-introduced in the future.

Jordy
07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Can't say I'm sad to see it go, when you live in the countryside you accept you're not going to have things like decent broadband, proper gas etc. And if they're that concerned they can buy a satellite dish.

I was reading earlier the Conservatives are seriously considering getting rid of the digital britain bill should they get into power. No promises yet though sadly.

xxMATTGxx
07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Can't say I'm sad to see it go, when you live in the countryside you accept you're not going to have things like decent broadband, proper gas etc. And if they're that concerned they can buy a satellite dish.

I was reading earlier the Conservatives are seriously considering getting rid of the digital britain bill should they get into power. No promises yet though sadly.

Hmm, I see what you are saying. But this country is so slow compared to others regarding internet speed. With or without this tax, the UK needs to get faster internet and into more areas!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!