PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter continued?

kuzkasate
08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I was watching some horror yesturday on the TV, and in the advert it had like a 60 seconds news thing & it said the J.K Rowling was giving an interview and said that she doesnt want to end the Hogwarts adventure yet & that possibly, she could write another book but this would be in about 10 years time. Found an article about it too.

Hoping for a new Harry Potter novel? So are we. And we just learned how long we’ll have to wait to read it. J.K. Rowling revealed yesterday when she could return to her boy wizard once more at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, the Washington Post reported.

Rowling, who was among the guests as thousands of egg hunters descended on the White House, read to a small group of children and answered their questions.

Asked whether she was planning on writing a new Potter novel, she said she doesn’t intend to write any offshoots of the Potter series now—but she didn’t rule it out “maybe 10 years from now,” depending on how she feels.
But she told one child she does want to write more books—so we won’t have to wait quite that long for another Rowling novel, though it won’t be in the Potter universe.

Source (http://www.anglotopia.net/british-entertainment/british-literature/miss-harry-potter-jk-says-he-could-come-back-in-10-years/)

today
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Shouldnt carry it on tbh

kuzkasate
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Shouldnt carry it on tbh

I dont see how she could because she ended it with 19 years later, so unless she goes back in time, or maybe Harrys children carry out the adventures. So it should be interesting.

Sameer!
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd love it if she made another one. The Harry Potter series is excellent.

kuzkasate
08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd love it if she made another one. The Harry Potter series is excellent.

So would I, but thats if she feels up to it. And 10 years, well we would be in late 20's lol & she would be quite old.. but she has promised other books, just not the H.P series.

dbgtz
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Harry potter bores me tbh, both the book and movie. However gathering of my knowledge of what has happened I think it would milk it if it carries on. Some things need to die.

Yupt
08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
She could write something about Draco and Harry's rivalry later on in life, Harry being a Dark Wizard Catcher (Can't remember it's name) and maybe Draco becoming more confident in his evil and coming to power. And you can't forget that they're sons go to the same school, in the same year, so they could also come into play.

Inseriousity.
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah I think it'd be fairly easy to write more books tbh, Harry's head of the auror office. That'd be fun to explore! I'd buy it anyway. I think it's a safety net tbh, just in case her other non-Harry Potter books fall flat, she's still got something to fall back on.

HotelUser
08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Great news, I love Harry Potter :)

Fez
08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Mooooooo.

I hear the cash cow!

Rozi
08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I would love it if she did something completely seperate from harry etc but still at hogwarts. I would hate it if they focused on harrys kids though, for some reason they just seem like brats.

wixard
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
She could write something about Draco and Harry's rivalry later on in life, Harry being a Dark Wizard Catcher (Can't remember it's name) and maybe Draco becoming more confident in his evil and coming to power. And you can't forget that they're sons go to the same school, in the same year, so they could also come into play.

but in the epilogue harry and draco share a sentimental moment to show that they've made up
he aint evil no more

kuzkasate
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
but in the epilogue harry and draco share a sentimental moment to show that they've made up
he aint evil no more

yeh i thought there was something like that, but wasnt sure so didnt post it. but if its gonna be about their kids, its gonna suck and she gets an -rep from me

Yupt
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Mooooooo.

I hear the cash cow!

I think it's more cos she is generally bored and want's to carry on the story.
She's already one of the richest people world wide is she not?

CrazyColaist
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
yer i would like a new harry potter
were they all died.

kuzkasate
10-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I think it wont exactly be the good old Harry Potter. It wont be the same. But I'm sure J.K.R can think of another astonishing storyline.

dirrty
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
tbh if she decided to write another book, i doubt it'd be for more money considering that she's already a billionaire lol. would probably be for the fans. but even if she doesn't do a direct 'harry potter 8' book, i think she'll write something related to the harry potter universe in the future.

Blinger1
10-04-2010, 11:52 PM
You do know in ten years time that harry's kids will have left school (well the daughter, lily iirc, would be there ) because they go to school for 7 years and the 2nd kid is just starting...

I am hoping for a new book, but NOT one like that magical creatures crap

dirrty
10-04-2010, 11:55 PM
You do know in ten years time that harry's kids will have left school (well the daughter, lily iirc, would be there ) because they go to school for 7 years and the 2nd kid is just starting...

I am hoping for a new book, but NOT one like that magical creatures crap
the plot doesn't have to be in accordance to our time though.

Blinger1
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm adding 10 years to the "19 years later", where they depart for school. And if it was DIRECTLY after the war at hogwarts then the kids wouldn't be old enough ;)

Fez
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
She said she was working on something highly original and not Potter, which I support.

Potter ended. The end. Way it should be.

Firehorse
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
J.K. Rowling could write a meanwhile sort of story, like what happened inbetween the 19 years at the end of the last book.

AlexOC
12-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I think they should all die now. Srsly!. The end it one and for all.

No, and dey all liffed appily ever aftoh endings.

Gibs960
12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
The harry potter series bores me now, it'll be the same or possibly worse, I mean who's gonna be the bad guy? Without Voldermort the 1st, 2nd & 3rd are borin, I don't possibly think she'd write another one with harrys kids unless like Harry gets killed by an evil Wizard and the whole story starts again :)

AgnesIO
15-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Would love another book. I love the books, superb reads - probably the best adventure books I have ever read.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!