PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help with a Site!

John2010
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone :)

Am a newbie here!
Was speaking to a friend of mine about a new website idea last week but 50% of the ideas I had were not things I could do myself. He said most of the people on here are talented individuals when it comes to designing and coding so thought why not ask here.

I am after someone who can code PHP and with good designing skills, I was thinking of basing the site around Wordpress which I can use easily enough. I dont mind if templates are used for building the site obviously with our Logo in place. So could be a relativly easy job for someone?

I would like Paypal or another similar checkout system coded into the website also so registrants can pay easily.
The idea in my opinion is quite a good one, so will not be realeasing details into this thread.

For more information on the idea and payment you can PM me.

John2010
11-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Have been speaking to my partner.
We will be willing to pay the applicant £250.00 per month (through paypal or bacs whichever easiest)
We will pay you 30 days after the site has been created/up and running (not paying first)

The £250.00 per month will act as a retainer for helping maintain the website.
For more info PM me.

This is an exciting project which will be a Limited Company once started up and will look good in any portfolio/cv as we will be willing to give references.

Thanks

SirDiamond
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Just a few points etc...

What skills does your friend/'partner' have that I would be interested in? Or is he as naive as yourself?
What sort of PHP things would you want to be coded, if you were using Wordpress?
What is the whole purpose of the website?
What is its target audience?
Would credit be permitted anywhere on the final website?
Would you pay an upfront deposit? For examply, £50? Then the remaining £200 once the work is completed? (this is a way that MANY designers/developers operate. Those that don't usually aren't that good.)
And which Limited Company would this be? Limited by shares, by guarantee??

Cheers

MattFr
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I would PM you but your PM box is full. As a professional, I would require a 50% deposit of the quoted subtotal before work would start though.

John2010
14-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Just a few points etc...

What skills does your friend/'partner' have that I would be interested in? Or is he as naive as yourself?
What sort of PHP things would you want to be coded, if you were using Wordpress?
What is the whole purpose of the website?
What is its target audience?
Would credit be permitted anywhere on the final website?
Would you pay an upfront deposit? For examply, £50? Then the remaining £200 once the work is completed? (this is a way that MANY designers/developers operate. Those that don't usually aren't that good.)
And which Limited Company would this be? Limited by shares, by guarantee??

Cheers

Don't get why you have been so negative in your above post, if you don't want to help, don't post!
My friend/partner has over 20 years experience in the marketing sector, I personally have almost 16 years experience. We would want some forms coded into the wordpress template meaning use of PHP The purpose of the website is to be a giveaway website The target audience could be anyone who uses the internet and wants to win something You could have credit on the website if you wish We could arrange a deposit deal, I thought we would originally be working in a way that we pay a retainer fee every month. The Limited Company is Limited by Shares, we have decided to use a Limited Company already in place and keep the 2 projects under 1 Company, this means you will be in a team of 30 staff which has been established since 2008.

Fact is we have been working together for a good few years now and we would like this project to be as successful as our currently running project. We could easily go and hire any random local website designer who would do just as good job but we thought we would try and help someone from the upcoming generation try and get something good on their CV/Portfolio.

PM box has now also been emptied so can read PMs.

SirDiamond
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Negative? How have I been negative? You're trying to pay someone to help on your website but you were not giving off enough information, and that's why I had to gauge it out of you with a grapefruit knife.

A few more questions...

1) Can't you use plug-ins for Wordpress to fufill that task, rather than hiring an extra hand?
2) What sort of "giveaway website"? The sort that, as soon as anyone with an IQ above 30 visits, they close? Or a bit more cunning in that way? How are you making money out of this project, if you're giving stuff away? Through advertisements? Huge pop-ups?
3) Which company is this?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!