PDA

View Full Version : Why is your department so inactive?

Casanova
10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I've seen many supers that have fell or risen. For instance blue birdbath is at around 1 throne five hc.
Yet most of your valuations haven't changed in a while, nevermind since the uproar involving the market (with the merger).

Why aren't you active? Why have the values stalled? All i can say is thank goodness people don't rely on any valuation sites!

Kipp
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Rare Values are updated frequently by Rare Values Management. :)

-:Undertaker:-
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Most of the values have been changing and bare in mind we can only value what we see. The Bird Baths, Throne, Black Pillow, Sky Dragon Lamp, Typewriter, Blue Spaceship Door, Dragon Egg and the Golden Elephant are all examples of the updates we have done within the last few days (many being yesterday). The Normal rares on the other hand have been updated often by the hour and you can see from the big changes in certain rares that they have been updated. I think I know why you think we have not updated the super rares though because it hasnt been updated on the top of the page as of recent.

In conclusion, we are active and have been updating the values and on the Bird Bath point, I was just about to update a few hours ago but Harry Potter came on and it was a must watch. :P

Casanova
10-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks. I sense you put serious consideration into your post and this isn't the most common answer.

I've just stated that many rare values aren't at their actual value. You risk either guiding people wrongly - which could stall the market or technically price fix or losing users who actually still use your site as a guide.

I just want an answer, I mean are you wanting to wait on the market stabilising?

Most of the values have been changing and bare in mind we can only value what we see. The Bird Baths, Throne, Black Pillow, Sky Dragon Lamp, Typewriter, Blue Spaceship Door, Dragon Egg and the Golden Elephant are all examples of the updates we have done within the last few days (many being yesterday). The Normal rares on the other hand have been updated often by the hour and you can see from the big changes in certain rares that they have been updated. I think I know why you think we have not updated the super rares though because it hasnt been updated on the top of the page as of recent.

In conclusion, we are active and have been updating the values and on the Bird Bath point, I was just about to update a few hours ago but Harry Potter came on and it was a must watch.

On the first bold quote, why on earth do you encourage your users with :-

GOT RARE VALUES?

I mean, isn't this misleading and completely unfair to the users that post their valuations? If so, then shouldn't your "report rare value" sub-forum be removed?

On the second bold quote, I am not going on what's updated or added to the top of the page, i'm viewing your super rare value page. I just feel it's only fair that you update all your values when you can, or don't mislead your users. I understand you're only donating your time etc... Just people do follow 'em!

-:Undertaker:-
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I fail and cannot see how we are 'wanting to wait until the market stabilisies' when we have been updating the very rares you are complaining about, whether or not you know it (which it sadly seems not) when you hover over our rares you can see the date they were last updated. A good sign that we are on top of the whole market merge is the fact that I removed T valuations from all super rares last night as the Throne is becoming very volatile at this moment in time and it would be unwise to keep super rares pegged to the Throne for the time being.

Below are the site updates showing that we have been updating the values and you can see them yourself on Habbox.com

The following normals have Increased in price:
09/04/10: Gold Laser Gate, Habbo Wind Turbine, Violet Sci-Fi Port, Purple Sci-Fi Port, Elf Green Dragon Lamp, Fire Dragon Lamp, Gold Feather Pillow, Green Parasol and the White Lace Pillow.

The following normals have Decreased in price:
09/04/10: Venomus Habbolus, Red Laser Door and the Bronze Elephant.
Super Rare Values Updates:
The following supers have Increased in price:
08/04/10: The Golden Tablet, Bronze Trophy, Gold Trophy and the Silver MTV EMA Trophy.

The following supers have Decreased in price:
08/04/10: Sky Dragon Lamp, Dragon Egg, Golden Elephant, Throne, Bird Bath (red), Bird Bath (blue) and the Typewriter. To tackle the issue of what gets updated and what does not; we can and will only update rares that we have seen being traded, if they have not been traded then myself or Elle cannot be expected to update them and our team cannot be expected to report on them, because either a) they have not seen the trade take place and it hasnt been reported to us or b) the trade has not taken place at all.

Mr-Trainor
10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Could you point out what rares you're talking about? :)

JACKTARD
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
On the first bold quote, why on earth do you encourage your users with :-

I mean, isn't this misleading and completely unfair to the users that post their valuations? If so, then shouldn't your "report rare value" sub-forum be removed?

You make it seem like we rely on the input from anybody and everybody but there is a rare values team who are dedicated to supplying information on the rare values market who are all trusted and are good at what they do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!