PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with MW2?

engaged
11-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Just a quick article I wrote.
http://jaxite.tumblr.com/post/511738894/so-whats-wrong-with-modern-warfare-2

PaulMacC
11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I approve.

Black_Apalachi
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I like MW2 now. It was only crap when the mass of campers/boosters/idiots seemed so overwhelming but once you learn how to combat all of those then it's great fun. I think it also takes time to become good at MW2 specifically as opposed to the Call of Duty series in general. Couple of things from the article I disagree with, firstly;

... Thermal ruined sniping on this game, especially on large open maps such as Wasteland. Not only does it give away the best camping positions ...

I love the thermal attachment and what you say there about camping doesn't exactly help your case for complaining about the game as people won't have much sympathy for a proud camper. I also don't agree with some of the stuff about perks. I acquired SitRep Pro just by playing normally (rather than whatever you said) and while I agree that it's somewhat under-developed, I love it for hunting down boosters with their Tactical Insertions. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't complain about Tactical Insertions. Their only possible use is for boosters and maybe campers. But even for campers they're kind of pointless because A) if it's a decent camp spot, the flare will probably be very easy to spot and B) it basically gives your enemy a free kill by waiting at the flare for you to re-spawn (which also makes the fact you can press X/Square to disable it rather than waiting extremely pointless). What you say about Deathstreaks is true though. Painkiller is a *****.

Love this :P

http://uploadir.com/u/817891ae

Nice article.

samsaBEAR
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
host migration can suck my balls. i hate it when it cancels out predator missiles and if you're trying to run behind cover.

engaged
14-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I like MW2 now. It was only crap when the mass of campers/boosters/idiots seemed so overwhelming but once you learn how to combat all of those then it's great fun. I think it also takes time to become good at MW2 specifically as opposed to the Call of Duty series in general. Couple of things from the article I disagree with, firstly;

I love the thermal attachment and what you say there about camping doesn't exactly help your case for complaining about the game as people won't have much sympathy for a proud camper. I also don't agree with some of the stuff about perks. I acquired SitRep Pro just by playing normally (rather than whatever you said) and while I agree that it's somewhat under-developed, I love it for hunting down boosters with their Tactical Insertions. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't complain about Tactical Insertions. Their only possible use is for boosters and maybe campers. But even for campers they're kind of pointless because A) if it's a decent camp spot, the flare will probably be very easy to spot and B) it basically gives your enemy a free kill by waiting at the flare for you to re-spawn (which also makes the fact you can press X/Square to disable it rather than waiting extremely pointless). What you say about Deathstreaks is true though. Painkiller is a *****.

Love this :P

http://uploadir.com/u/817891ae

Nice article.

I like tactical insertions, they can be amazing if used wisely... sure they can be a bit of a "fail" if an enemy finds one and they spawn kill you, but it's worth it. If you put one down next to a headquarters in HQ pro you can get a nice few kills after the enemy have captured. They're also good in domination by using the same kind of technique.. Also by camping I don't mean sitting in a corner waiting for the enemy to come past, I simply mean if you're waiting to call in a kill streak, or trying to snipe whilst hiding in a bush, somebody can just take you out from across the map with thermal... ya' know?

ItsDave
14-04-2010, 11:04 AM
host migration can suck my balls. i hate it when it cancels out predator missiles and if you're trying to run behind cover.

That happened to me once, I nearly cried because It blew up killed no one, I carried on my streak, got my chopper gunner, and it happened again. We all got back into the game and I'm closing my laptop. Bloody game.

Rob-Guy2
14-04-2010, 02:35 PM
It's a good article, but there are alot of things that are good, or actually happen in real life.

Host Migration - I don't know why you're complaining. What would you rather do?: Miss a collateral/headshot, or have teh game end? Especially if you're on a good killstreak. And it's not usually the host getting kicked, it's usually the host leaves which means it has to migrate.

A Chopper Gunner - A helicopter like this would do that - It has a high calibre machine gun that can kill someone with a couple of shots. So I don't see whats wrong with it.

Overpowered guns - They may be just a bit overpowered, but a few shots into teh heart or chest with a .45calibre machine gun bullet is going to kill you, isn't it? I mean, guns are powerful.

Middlesbrough
14-04-2010, 05:05 PM
It's a good article, but there are alot of things that are good, or actually happen in real life.

Host Migration - I don't know why you're complaining. What would you rather do?: Miss a collateral/headshot, or have teh game end? Especially if you're on a good killstreak. And it's not usually the host getting kicked, it's usually the host leaves which means it has to migrate.

A Chopper Gunner - A helicopter like this would do that - It has a high calibre machine gun that can kill someone with a couple of shots. So I don't see whats wrong with it.

Overpowered guns - They may be just a bit overpowered, but a few shots into teh heart or chest with a .45calibre machine gun bullet is going to kill you, isn't it? I mean, guns are powerful.

You are right about host migration.

But the other two, i have one simple statement to counter it and that is

"Balance > Realism"

engaged
14-04-2010, 05:21 PM

I'd rather get a decent collateral or something like that then the game carrying on, seeing as I don't get them much and they are pretty kick ass... but I know what you're saying. Yeah, I know chopper gunners "irl" would mindrape everyone in their paths, but it's way overpowered to be in the game... you know? As the guy above said, "Balance > Realism" - same with overpowered guns.

samsaBEAR
14-04-2010, 05:38 PM

I totally get what you mean, however as much as people want this to be, it's not real life. It is a game, and it is made for entertaining the masses. There is nothing entertaining about being mowed down constantly by iiiPrOsNiiPezxo who has camped for his Chopper Gunner and is spawn raping people

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I like tactical insertions, they can be amazing if used wisely... sure they can be a bit of a "fail" if an enemy finds one and they spawn kill you, but it's worth it. If you put one down next to a headquarters in HQ pro you can get a nice few kills after the enemy have captured. They're also good in domination by using the same kind of technique.. Also by camping I don't mean sitting in a corner waiting for the enemy to come past, I simply mean if you're waiting to call in a kill streak, or trying to snipe whilst hiding in a bush, somebody can just take you out from across the map with thermal... ya' know?

Ah, fair enough. Also I guess I wasn't considering other game modes because I mainly stick with FFA.

Rob-Guy2
17-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd rather get a decent collateral or something like that then the game carrying on, seeing as I don't get them much and they are pretty kick ass... but I know what you're saying. Yeah, I know chopper gunners "irl" would mindrape everyone in their paths, but it's way overpowered to be in the game... you know? As the guy above said, "Balance > Realism" - same with overpowered guns.

I know, but if there wasn't host migration then the game would end? And then you wouldn't get any kills at all.

22andy2231
17-04-2010, 03:30 PM
lol i think that the game aint that bad bt i hate the way that its realy unfair by the way the host migration does it annoys the life outta me :L

Oleh
18-04-2010, 12:15 PM
The only thing they need to do is add Skorpian and a playlist of all the cod4 maps w/ hardcore snd

samsaBEAR
18-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd like them to release some more old maps, but I'd rather not pay 1200 points for them. I really miss maps like Pipeline and Backlot, and with the new mechanics, I might even get to like Bloc, I hated it in COD 4

SirStan
18-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Sick of everyone constantly moaning all the time, it isn't broke or anything. You can never have a perfect game there will always be things wrong for people to complain about because everyone has different opinions of things rah rah rah

Coheed&Cambria
18-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Sick of everyone constantly moaning all the time, it isn't broke or anything. You can never have a perfect game there will always be things wrong for people to complain about because everyone has different opinions of things rah rah rah

It is broke. There are loads of things that could have been sorted out after a beta, but they decided to ship a broken game instead of fixing them beforehand.

Chris
18-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Cod4

Camping and overpowered kill streaks are my only problems with the game. Couldn't care less about boosters, up to them if they want lvl up by cheating or not.

Gibs960
18-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Thermal does ruin sniping, because on places such as Wasteland as you quite rightly said, you just get sniped every time you move :( And the kill streaks are pretty stupid, chopper gunners just get you like 300 kills in like a second, it's impossible to escape one apart from if it's occupied :| The deathstreaks like the one where you throw a grenade (can't remember what it's called) when you die :S I mean in real life that wouldn't happen :| so basically all the death streaks suck because they're not at all in the slightest realistic :|

Black_Apalachi
18-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I'd like them to release some more old maps, but I'd rather not pay 1200 points for them. I really miss maps like Pipeline and Backlot, and with the new mechanics, I might even get to like Bloc, I hated it in COD 4

Bloc would suck if people (like me) were using Thermals :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!