PDA

View Full Version : Interview Clothesss

today
11-04-2010, 12:41 AM
right kk, i've got a interview Monday as a supervisor so its pretty 'big' job and so on. But the thing is i got no idea what to wearrr :/

This is something i would normally wear so yeah gimmie ideas.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v227/1640/61/n575032016_4994.jpg

dirrty
11-04-2010, 12:45 AM
change the belt for a darker one

today
11-04-2010, 12:47 AM
No way, lol. It's my sexy belt, but that doesnt help for what i should wear for the interview tho lol.

dirrty
11-04-2010, 12:52 AM
oh my bad i thought the clothes in the image was what you were thinking of wearing lol. erm, depending on how smart you wish to look then i'd wear something simple like black trousers, smart shoes, a decent shirt and a black tie. but that's essentially what you're wearing in the picture but lighter shades lol. see what a waistcoat looks like n all.

today
11-04-2010, 12:53 AM
its kinda got to the point im wearin smart stuff that often i dont think it looks smart anymore - if that makes sense?

Blinger1
11-04-2010, 02:18 AM
just dress like a hillbilly. You'll instantly get the job.

And what you are wearing now looks fine, maybe no tie though

Metric1
11-04-2010, 02:40 AM
pull your pants up.

today
11-04-2010, 03:10 AM
pull your pants up.
...They are up..

Catzsy
11-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Depends very much on the dress code for the company. Do you know how they dress there?

Kotu
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
If you're unsure what to wear then it's best to over dress than run the risk of under dressing. Considering it's a supervisory role it would probably be best to dress quite formal. It will also show that you care about how you present yourself and inadvertently how you will represent the company should you get the job.

If I were you I wouldn't stray far from black dress trousers, a white shirt, a colourful but conservative tie (no silly patterns/prints!) and formal dress shoes.

today
11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
If you're unsure what to wear then it's best to over dress than run the risk of under dressing. Considering it's a supervisory role it would probably be best to dress quite formal. It will also show that you care about how you present yourself and inadvertently how you will represent the company should you get the job.

If I were you I wouldn't stray far from black dress trousers, a white shirt, a colourful but conservative tie (no silly patterns/prints!) and formal dress shoes.
I dont own any normal ties, every single one has a pattern nor dark trousers, lol. ;o

Stryderman
11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Well u said ur going for a "big" job so wear a suit

MrGazet
11-04-2010, 05:18 PM
black trousers,
dark socks,white socks is a NO NO
light plain colour shirt like cream shirt,
tie that is a little darker than the shirt and that has no fancy patterns and make sure that ur tie is at ur belt's buckle
black belt
polished black shoes

and u can add a suit to go extra miless

plus,if me,i'd wear summin like this

http://www.jimsformalwear.com/images/product/302_suit.jpg

Tash.
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Well whenever I went for a job I stuck with the black trousers, shirt/blouse and a cardigan but that's because i'm female. In my opinion the best thing you can wear for any interview (unless they state it's an informal discussion) is to wear a suit if you're male. If you don't own one then a pair of smart trousers (preferably black), white shirt, a tie (definitely not any comedy or outlandish colours I would suggest) and a jacket of some sort which matches the colour of your trousers. Grey is fine as long as the jacket matches the trousers. That's my opinion anyway! Oh and of course, proper shoes.. no trainers or anything like that :P

today
11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I dont do black trousers nor will i ever so dont even suggest them anymoree thank you plus NO SUIT :l - That's last year.

Describe
18-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Since when were suits last year? Rofl.

Just hit up the grey wear. You don't want to look like some fashion icon gone wrong so go simple: grey trousers, white shirt, grey tie and maybe some black dress shoes or whatever. Ask.com are always right!
Choose classic but stylish shoes with a subtle or chic print, or a large buckle. While you don't want to risk going over the top, you definitely don't want to seem boring or staid.

Jorc
18-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Personally I think that looks fine for an interview.

lazerman
18-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Whats the job?

its obvs a supervisor job but where/company

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!