PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3 In Development

Stephen!
11-04-2010, 02:30 AM
The fact that Modern Warfare 2 raked in obscene amounts of money basically made a third entry in the franchise a forgone conclusion, but it turns out Activision Blizzard's counter-lawsuit against fired Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella also made it official: Modern Warfare 3 is already in development. The bad news for gamers is the legal dispute, according to Activision, is delaying the project's pre-production.
In their counter-suit, Activision claims that West and Zampella (before they were fired) were intentionally delaying the pre-production of Modern Warfare 3 in order to use it as "leverage in their negotiations with Activision" (via Kotaku). Activision also says in the case that the duo's alleged secret meetings with their "closest competitor" (almost certainly Electronic Arts) contributed to the delays, and that "as a direct and proximate result of this breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, Activision has been forced to commit additional resources to Modern Warfare 3."

In a statement released shortly after the counter-suit was made public, Robert Schwartz, West and Zampella's attorney, called Activision's allegations "false and outrageous."

As for Modern Warfare 3, we all know Activision intends to release a new Call of Duty every year, with this year's version rumored to be set during the Vietnam War. That would likely put Activision's desired release date for Modern Warfare 3 in 2011, assuming whatever current delays that may or may not be taking place don't push it off too much.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178753

Blinger1
11-04-2010, 02:34 AM
hmm, let the hype for the game begin? Its only another one and a bit years away...

PaulMacC
11-04-2010, 02:39 AM
This is going to be another casual FPK.
By that I mean First Person Knifer.

dbgtz
11-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I just want the story to finish, I don't care about online. Anyway I thought infinity ward seperating from Activision to a new publisher?

Chris
11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
This is going to be another casual FPK.
By that I mean First Person Knifer.

Lol...

Yeah i just want the ending to the story. Not bothered about mp.

Oleh
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I just want a decent publisher to purchase the rights for cod.. also i think Infinity ward should soley have modern warfare no matter what

Fez
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Pffft

Activision will NEVER give up the rights to COD, and they would replace everyone at Infinity Ward if they could.

samsaBEAR
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm with the other guys saying about the campaign. Multiplayer is good yeah, but I do love the campaign. Just hope it lasts longer than the 3 and a half hours it took me to do MW2

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!