PDA

View Full Version : Acne.

PaulMacC
11-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I have a bit of acne on my forehead. My fringe usually covers it up but it annoys me. Any tips for getting rid of it.

RedStratocas
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
other than the obvious creams and things people will tell you to put on there, drink lots of water. probably the best acne cure.

buttons
11-04-2010, 06:49 PM
^ agreed
the less you put on your face the better imo. chemicals on your face won't help. if they're red spots, i'd leave them. don't touch them, squeeze them, put on cleansers or creams but drink plenty of water, fruit & veg + exercise. they don't drum it into your head at a young age for nothing. sometimes i put a little tea tree oil (diluted) on my spots to calm them if they're red otherwise i find leaving them alone gets rid of them quicker than squeezing or using facewash.

Special
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
for the small amount of spots i have, i just use concealer

dirrty
11-04-2010, 06:53 PM
your fringe may cause the acne aswell due to the oils/dirt/woteva in your hair which is essentially always on your forehead because of the fringe.

Special
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
your fringe may cause the acne aswell due to the oils/dirt/woteva in your hair which is essentially always on your forehead because of the fringe.

wrong

i have a fringe and i hardly get any spots & certainly not acne

then again, i never let my hair get greasy so it depends

dirrty
11-04-2010, 07:13 PM
wrong

i have a fringe and i hardly get any spots & certainly not acne

then again, i never let my hair get greasy so it depends
well i did say may :rolleyes:

Firehorse
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
hyper calendula fluid. it kills all bacteria within any kind of wound, spots too. I find it will make a spot heal twice as fast as it normally would, although it does sting a bit.

keep your hair clean, and wash your face daily, no need for special soaps or anything - warm water will do the trick.

Stefy09
11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I used to have really bad achne, then I used a cream for a few months and BOOM acne gone completely

myke
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
My hairdresser has a really long fringe and he told me that the best thing he done to stop it from giving him an oily forehead was wearing a headband to bed... no matter how stupid you look if it stops you from getting spots it's worth a try lol :| he said during the night is the worst time because you sweat in bed and you're not aware of it, give it a go I guess?

ok i just re-read this post and it really does seem like i'm taking the banana but i'm being srs lol :|

Special
11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
My hairdresser has a really long fringe and he told me that the best thing he done to stop it from giving him an oily forehead was wearing a headband to bed... no matter how stupid you look if it stops you from getting spots it's worth a try lol :| he said during the night is the worst time because you sweat in bed and you're not aware of it, give it a go I guess?

ok i just re-read this post and it really does seem like i'm taking the banana but i'm being srs lol :|

if you're going to look stupid anyway, just put your hair behind your ears

myke
11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
if you're going to look stupid anyway, just put your hair behind your ears

that depends on the length of his fringe ;)

Jordy
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Go see your GP they can prescribe you a few chemicals and tablets. They have definitely improved it for me, although I've been referred to a dermatologist to fully get rid of it.

myke
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Go see your GP they can prescribe you a few chemicals and tablets. They have definitely improved it for me, although I've been referred to a dermatologist to fully get rid of it.

He might not have 'acne', acne's an illness/skin thing ... it might just be spots, there's a difference :)

danzooo
13-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Keep your face clean (i.e. wash it often), drink plenty water, try some face creams (Clearasil is actually pretty good).

I have cream I got from the doctor year's ago for spots which prescription I've just kept repeating, it works a treat.

Johno
13-04-2010, 02:02 PM
This might be some use, http://simplemom.net/oil-cleansing-method/ - I came across it when stumbling. Seems like a pretty good method to help get clearer skin :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!