PDA

View Full Version : Music formats

Jahova
11-04-2010, 09:22 AM
MP3's are dominating, CD's are falling, Vinyls are increasing and tapes are dead. What are your favourite music formats? Explain why.

I feel that MP3's are brilliant as you can have thousands upon thousands stored on a small hard drive. The quality (most of the time, if properly downloaded from a good place, you know) is usually great and they're just good to play. I also love Vinyl records, most probably because I am an amateur DJ (and play Dubstep), I use 100% Vinyls on my live DJ sets. The quality is supreme (the best, I have been told) and just to have my favourite tracks that I love in physical format is somewhat more satisfying than digitally.

Your turn.

Black_Apalachi
11-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Well if I'm ever rich enough, I'd take my hard drive or a list from my iTunes into some shop like HMV and tell them I want everything on the list which would then become a library in my house just for show. Originally I intended this to be CDs but I'd quite like a cool vinyl collection if it were still possible when the time comes. The latter would go hand in hand with a jukebox pretty nicely :D

Stryderman
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Cds cos its easier, Mp3 is stupid if ur playin it in the car u gotta search through thousands of tracks to find wht you want.

joshuar
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
If I had the money, i'd buy vinyls all the time. I love the physical side of it, but I mainly deal with MP3's due to the fact I love being able to choose from thousand's of tracks to listen to. Plus vinyls don't work too well in the car.

Plebings
12-04-2010, 05:19 AM
CDs, I only get vinyl when I'm really anticipating a record (or it's cheap!)

MattFr
12-04-2010, 01:23 PM
FLAC all the way.

Smits
12-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Mp3s because of how many you can store.

I like to have CDs though, if i could affor dit id have a huge collection.

samsaBEAR
12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
If I had the money, I'd get everything on Vinyl. It's my favourite physical format.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!