PDA

View Full Version : Carrick and our team this season..

United-Clowgon
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Carrick has had a horrific season - Since the Barca game where he got ripped to pieces he hasn't been the same. When he's on the ball, the opposition close him down and he cannot handle this, he cannot handle the pressure in these type of situations Our game against Bayern for example; All the teams know this is his big weakness and they capitalize on it. Also, when called upon in big games, he doesn't do anything.

Everyone writ us off from the start of the Season soley on Ronaldo and Tevez leaving. We are a little weaker and lack flair in parts of of the team but we've done well for ourselves considering we haven't add much to the sqaud, Valencia the only player if you look at it as Obertan hasn't featured at all in our games.

But it obvious we have to add atleast 3 top, top additions to our squad in the summer, deffo in the midfield and in strike. Rooney needs a player like him that can help get the best out of him, not only that, say if one is injured we don't have to worry to much as we've got the firepower to cope with it. Unlike Berbatov who doesn't suit our team, he isn't an attacking type of player as he's not creative enough, we need a player like David Villa, with flair and Berbatov doesn't contain this whatsoever.

Back on to Carrick, we definitely need a top midfielder to play alongside Fletch and possibly Hargreaves if he's ready. Someone who can control games and is a leader, i don't know what's happened to Carrick but he isn't the player two season ago, perhaps he's having a off season but i wouldn't want to take risks.

If you look at teams like Chelsea, they have Lampard, Arsenal, Fabrigas, Barcelona, Xavi and Iniesta, Liverpool, Gerrard and Masch, this is where we need to improve we haven't got that quality in midfield yet. Anderson looks like he needs just a few more seasons to fit in completely.

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Carrick has had a horrific season - Since the Barca game where he got ripped to pieces he hasn't been the same. When he's on the ball, the opposition close him down and he cannot handle this, he cannot handle the pressure in these type of situations Our game against Bayern for example; All the teams know this is his big weakness and they capitalize on it. Also, when called upon in big games, he doesn't do anything.

Everyone writ us off from the start of the Season soley on Ronaldo and Tevez leaving. We are a little weaker and lack flair in parts of of the team but we've done well for ourselves considering we haven't add much to the sqaud, Valencia the only player if you look at it as Obertan hasn't featured at all in our games.

But it obvious we have to add atleast 3 top, top additions to our squad in the summer, deffo in the midfield and in strike. Rooney needs a player like him that can help get the best out of him, not only that, say if one is injured we don't have to worry to much as we've got the firepower to cope with it. Unlike Berbatov who doesn't suit our team, he isn't an attacking type of player as he's not creative enough, we need a player like David Villa, with flair and Berbatov doesn't contain this whatsoever.

Back on to Carrick, we definitely need a top midfielder to play alongside Fletch and possibly Hargreaves if he's ready. Someone who can control games and is a leader, i don't know what's happened to Carrick but he isn't the player two season ago, perhaps he's having a off season but i wouldn't want to take risks.

If you look at teams like Chelsea, they have Lampard, Arsenal, Fabrigas, Barcelona, Xavi and Iniesta, Liverpool, Gerrard and Masch, this is where we need to improve we haven't got that quality in midfield yet. Anderson looks like he needs just a few more seasons to fit in completely.

Out of intrest, can't you spell his name or are you doing it on purpose cus you've done it in every Arsenal related thread.

Anyway, apparently you can't afford Villa who is £40 Mill. So really you can only afford 1-2 top class players. Even then the only players you really need are a new RB and then maybe Mata or Silva. Then you'd have a good team with a 4-3-3 formation and Hargreaves back.

United-Clowgon
11-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Out of intrest, can't you spell his name or are you doing it on purpose cus you've done it in every Arsenal related thread.

Anyway, apparently you can't afford Villa who is £40 Mill. So really you can only afford 1-2 top class players. Even then the only players you really need are a new RB and then maybe Mata or Silva. Then you'd have a good team with a 4-3-3 formation and Hargreaves back.

I can't spell his name properly. I think we can afford him but i don't think we are going to buy a player in the region of 30 plus million if they are 27 and over again seeing the situation of Berbatov. 27 and they probably have 3 - 5 years left in them.

I don't know what the situation is with Villa but we don't tend to spend big on players in the 27 age bracket.

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 05:38 PM
You can take the boy out of Birmingham but you can't take the Manchester United out of the boy!

Tristan
12-04-2010, 09:39 AM
It's so embarrassing for United fans when Clowgon posts about football and United... :eusa_doh:

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

luce
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
It's so embarrassing for United fans when Clowgon posts about football and United... :eusa_doh:

tell me about it i read the title then die inside.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts

United-Clowgon
12-04-2010, 09:06 PM

Seriously, what are you on about? I guessed you haven't grown any balls since the last time you popped your overly immature self on here. :rolleyes:

tell me about it i read the title then die inside.

:S I'm just going through our season. Jesus, the way you talk about our team sometimes, you really wonder if your a proper United fan.

AlexOC
13-04-2010, 12:15 AM
i think i love you clowgon.

Tristan
13-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Seriously, what are you on about? I guessed you haven't grown any balls since the last time you popped your overly immature self on here. :rolleyes:

Actually I was just hoping you became more educated in football.
From now on, I'll try to criticise the points that you make which I disagree with, rather than yourself. :) How's that?

1) Disagree with Carrick having a terrible season - he's played well, but he's a more defensive minded midfield player and alongside Darren Fletcher, that may not be the best idea as he's then needed to push further up and yes, he's not that talented in creativity. For me, he works well under pressure, he doesn't give the ball away often but his lack of flair or creativity means that the team can't really work past pressured football. He's defensive so holds the ball up when we need faster-paced, flowing football. We need a more creative central midfield player to come in to give us better options, but Carrick does his job well and can't really be criticised for having to compensate for the absence of creativity and play out of his comfort zone. He also had to play in defence when needed to nearer the start of the season and did well for us when we needed him.

2) We are a little weaker, lack flair - fair enough.

3) Haven't added much to squad, Valencia, Obertan - We have financial issues so... Obertan's young, he's here because he's got a bright future, not cause we needed him now. He's played pretty well when he has played, anyway. Valencia's been a great addition for me. Fast, puts in crosses consistently and efficiently. Can score (although somehow wasn't able to on Sunday...). He has changed games for us quite a few times and I remember one match where he dominated the game down the right, but I can't remember which game. By the way, we also got Owen. Scored 97th minute winner vs. Man City.

4) Need players - Yes, a central midfielder, a striker and a right/full back I would say.

5) Berbatov not creative enough - Totally disagree. We got him not only because he could score a lot but the amount of assists he achieved in both of his seasons at Spurs? He was awesome. He's just not been able to recreate such form. He hasn't been terrible, in games we've needed a strong, physical forward and he's been that. But yes, I think he's not scoring enough. In the game on Sunday when we needed a goal, I thought it was crazy when he was dropping deep to get the ball. One moment towards the end of the game he went and got the ball at the halfway line, and we had our wingers, and our central midfielders in front of him. Gibson was at the edge of their area! Berbatov has got flair, just doesn't have the workrate. Although it has improved when at United.

6) Carrick again, top midfielder - I would say we need a creative central midfielder, yes. But Carrick is very good when played in the role he's used to. Get a creative, attacking central midfielder and play him alongside Carrick or Fletcher, rotate. I know a lot will disagree with me on this one, but I personally rate Carrick higher than Fletcher.

7) Anderson - He needs selling. Forget selling Carrick, Anderson hasn't played well enough. He looked promising in his first season, and his second but never recreated form he had at Gremio, or Porto, which is why we bought him.

luce
13-04-2010, 03:32 PM
i am but i am also a realist.

StefanWolves
13-04-2010, 06:07 PM
You will loose to City on Saturday. 3-1.

Tristan
15-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey, Clowgon, would you mind replying to my post?
I made the effort to justify my criticising of you, you complain about my criticising you as if I had no grounds to back up why I was doing so.
So how about you acknowledge my post and try recognising that you aren't such a genious as you think you are, and stop crying to me when I criticise you as if I'm just victimising you.
Your ignoring of my reply clearly shows that my criticising of you and my reasons for criticising you are justified and valid.
THANKS BUDDY.

Snowing
15-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey, Clowgon, would you mind replying to my post?
I made the effort to justify my criticising of you, you complain about my criticising you as if I had no grounds to back up why I was doing so.
So how about you acknowledge my post and try recognising that you aren't such a genious as you think you are, and stop crying to me when I criticise you as if I'm just victimising you.
Your ignoring of my reply clearly shows that my criticising of you and my reasons for criticising you are justified and valid.
THANKS BUDDY.
He's already in COMS because he's Man U's best fan so he wont reply until Sunday, if you then have a counter argument you'll have to wait until after United's next game because after Sunday he'll be in the ground setup and waiting.

Tristan
15-04-2010, 08:09 PM
He's already in COMS because he's Man U's best fan so he wont reply until Sunday, if you then have a counter argument you'll have to wait until after United's next game because after Sunday he'll be in the ground setup and waiting.

Of course. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
He was like, last online only 5 hours ago. He's pushing it pretty fine!

CHA!NGANG
15-04-2010, 08:15 PM
If your lucky he'll get on his iphone when he's in the stadium and reply.

United-Clowgon
17-04-2010, 02:13 PM
1) Disagree with Carrick having a terrible season - he's played well, but he's a more defensive minded midfield player and alongside Darren Fletcher, that may not be the best idea as he's then needed to push further up and yes, he's not that talented in creativity. For me, he works well under pressure, he doesn't give the ball away often but his lack of flair or creativity means that the team can't really work past pressured football. He's defensive so holds the ball up when we need faster-paced, flowing football. We need a more creative central midfield player to come in to give us better options, but Carrick does his job well and can't really be criticised for having to compensate for the absence of creativity and play out of his comfort zone. He also had to play in defence when needed to nearer the start of the season and did well for us when we needed him.

2) We are a little weaker, lack flair - fair enough.

3) Haven't added much to squad, Valencia, Obertan - We have financial issues so... Obertan's young, he's here because he's got a bright future, not cause we needed him now. He's played pretty well when he has played, anyway. Valencia's been a great addition for me. Fast, puts in crosses consistently and efficiently. Can score (although somehow wasn't able to on Sunday...). He has changed games for us quite a few times and I remember one match where he dominated the game down the right, but I can't remember which game. By the way, we also got Owen. Scored 97th minute winner vs. Man City.

4) Need players - Yes, a central midfielder, a striker and a right/full back I would say.

5) Berbatov not creative enough - Totally disagree. We got him not only because he could score a lot but the amount of assists he achieved in both of his seasons at Spurs? He was awesome. He's just not been able to recreate such form. He hasn't been terrible, in games we've needed a strong, physical forward and he's been that. But yes, I think he's not scoring enough. In the game on Sunday when we needed a goal, I thought it was crazy when he was dropping deep to get the ball. One moment towards the end of the game he went and got the ball at the halfway line, and we had our wingers, and our central midfielders in front of him. Gibson was at the edge of their area! Berbatov has got flair, just doesn't have the workrate. Although it has improved when at United.

6) Carrick again, top midfielder - I would say we need a creative central midfielder, yes. But Carrick is very good when played in the role he's used to. Get a creative, attacking central midfielder and play him alongside Carrick or Fletcher, rotate. I know a lot will disagree with me on this one, but I personally rate Carrick higher than Fletcher.

7) Anderson - He needs selling. Forget selling Carrick, Anderson hasn't played well enough. He looked promising in his first season, and his second but never recreated form he had at Gremio, or Porto, which is why we bought him.

BOLD = YOUR WRONG.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes on Redcafe sunshine.

Of course. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
He was like, last online only 5 hours ago. He's pushing it pretty fine!

Ohhhh so you bother checking up on me when i was last online? OMG.. that is SOOOOOOOOOO SADDDDDDDDDD. Dude, i feel for you man, you must have a boring, boring life. :(

Tristan
17-04-2010, 07:13 PM
So you argue against my points with "NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!"
Right... Silly little boy.
And this, is exactly why I pick at every single idiotic post that you make (which is every single post). So quit crying when I pick on you, once you learn to grow up and learn about what you're talking about and actually think - then I will stop.

And I wouldn't last 5 minutes on Redcafe? Really? My knowledge and sense in football is of the standards of the World Cup compared to yours being of the standard of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (google it, no doubt you won't know what it is).

My boring life isn't all that boring really, like I went to see the football team I support play and we won in the last minute, was pretty awesome.
Whereas you, you must have a really sad life. Everyone here dislikes you and knows that you're a silly little boy who knows jack.

OH, and by the way - you might want to watch this youtube video and listen to what's being said from 3:58 to 4:25.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuTvVaU7IA

JackBuddy
17-04-2010, 08:05 PM
lol, I wouldn't take anything on redcafe seriously.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/gareth-bale-219286/index9.html

JackBuddy
17-04-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/lennon-valencia-292999/

and another lol.

no bias, but valencia better than lennon???

Tristan
17-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I personally would say so, lol.
But only because I think Valencia is more consistent than Lennon. Otherwise it's hard to say.

JackBuddy
17-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I personally would say so, lol.
But only because I think Valencia is more consistent than Lennon. Otherwise it's hard to say.

You haven't been watching him this season then. He has single handedly torn defences apart.

CHA!NGANG
17-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Valencia has played very well for his first season with United although Lennon just edges it. It's not by far mind. Valencias crossing is better I recon but I think Lennon is better at beating players, and is quicker and his crossing is improving.

EDIT: I just read that thread. I recon Bale will move to LM eventually anyway. Bale is top class for his age and will be top class but so will Gibbs. I recon Gibbs is equally as good and is faster although his shooting isn't as good which is why I think Bale will move to LM. If your basing it solely on this season then yes Bale is better, and I've always liked Bale as a player.

When Clichy leaves Arsenal and I think he will soon, then Gibbs will take over as number 1 lb, and he'll do well too, next Cashley, although not as stupid or greedy, and for sure I'd say he'd be the next England LB.

Tristan
18-04-2010, 01:16 PM
You haven't been watching him this season then. He has single handedly torn defences apart.

Yeah, thinking about it I've hardly seen him this season.
Last I saw him was playing for England, then he got injured didn't he? I haven't seen him play since.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!