PDA

View Full Version : Do you like where you live?

Smits
13-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Your location, your home, the place you usually retire to after a hard day, do you like it?

Things to consider:

-Distance from friends
-Distance from town & shops
-Accessibilty (buses etc)
-Size of house (could it be bigger?)
-State of house (needs decorating)

I like my location, but would rather be closer to town. Buses are only every hour and quite expensive. However it's a mix with friends ebcause where some live at the oppoiste side of town, a few do live within walking distance.

As for the house, meh, it could do with being updated, although it has had a lot of work. It could also be bigger, but we;re trying to sell up so...

YOU:8

Alexx..
13-04-2010, 11:58 PM
-Distance from friends - Not bad
-Distance from town & shops - Ugh
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - Bus stop over the road but my mums like a taxi
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - It's alright
-State of house (needs decorating) - Yeah needs decorating but its a new house

But overall I hate where I live -_-

Abbie.
14-04-2010, 12:02 AM
-Distance from friends - goooooooooood, i thought it said fields before i read it right and was going to say theres some up the road :(
-Distance from town & shops - yup good
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - town service comes past my houseee
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - 5 bedroom, so its ok lol!
-State of house (needs decorating) - um its well decorated

danzooo
14-04-2010, 12:05 AM
-Distance from friends - Absolutely brutal, all my friends live over a mile away in Dunfermline and beyond.
-Distance from town & shops - Again, up in Dunfermline way, over a mile away. Rosyth, where I live, has nothing - a Greggs and a Tesco are the only known brand shops here.
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - Quite often bus goes up to Dunfermline but it's expensive (about £2 for a 20 minute bus journey into town)
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - Could be a tad bigger now that there's 5 of us, plus two cats.
-State of house (needs decorating) - Totally fine at present. We've had our living room totally redone, and our garage converted into a dining room and utility room/cupboard also, which means the old dining room becomes a sitting room. Slowly but surely, the place is getting made over.

dirrty
14-04-2010, 12:06 AM
love where i live as i'm on the border where countryside meets suberbs so it's quite quiet. majority of my friends live quite close to me and college is essentially round the corner. town is pretty far though (6 miles) and the bus comes every 30 minutes and sososo expensive. house is pretty big and it's new anyway so it's all gdgdgd

Smits
14-04-2010, 12:09 AM
-Distance from friends - goooooooooood, i thought it said fields before i read it right and was going to say theres some up the road :(
-Distance from town & shops - yup good
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - town service comes past my houseee
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - 5 bedroom, so its ok lol!
-State of house (needs decorating) - um its well decorated

;) I'm surrounded by fields :|

Narnat,
14-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Yup .. im near the water which i like :)

MrGazet
14-04-2010, 04:54 AM
I pretty like where I live cause it's very near to the capital.Like 10 mins to get there :)

Everything else needs improvement though LOL

Nadila
14-04-2010, 05:20 AM
-Distance from friends
Yeah,it's nice.Not too close and not too far.Liking my privacy much :D

It's located quite near to the capital and also other towns which I like very very much

Accessible since it's near town but I dnt like public transport here cause they are so inefficient >.<

Defo LOOOL

Tbh,we should just run down this house and build a new one :P

Blinger1
14-04-2010, 05:34 AM
-Distance from friends:
This is a real problem for me. Most of my friends live more then 15kms away. So i rarely see them, driving it takes about fifteen minutes and they all go to uni/work so i don't see them often as i sleep during the afternoon..

-Distance from town & shops:
The local town (as in my suburb) has a few shops, maybe 30-40? Most are **** though. Thats about 2kms away, which is fine i walk there if needed.. Shopping centers are maybe 10-15minute drive? It depends.. i like this though :)

-Accessibilty (buses etc):
Buses, whats that? We have one service an hour, and its almost always late.. Hate the transport here.

-Size of house (could it be bigger?):
Its fine, three people living in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, fairly big living area/study and kitchen/eating area.. I wouldn't want it any bigger..

-State of house (needs decorating):
We built the house 17/18 years ago, so its in a fairly good condition. We have a decent backyard but its all on a slope so there isn't too much to do there.

Overall, i love the location and everything like that, we are surrounded by bush, and having a walking track directly behind the house (well, about 30-50 meters). I like how we built everything here. It started as an empty block, we built the two sheds (one is soon to be transformed into a motorbike garage and we will build another shed). But i would love to be closer to work, traveling 40 minutes or so on the freeway isn't exactly the best ever!

Smits
14-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Yup .. im near the water which i like :)

What a river? Lake? SSea? Ocean?

Jamesy
14-04-2010, 09:18 AM
-Distance from friends: They all live about 5-10 minutes walk away
-Distance from town & shops: I can walk to the city in 30 minutes, though there are plenty of smaller shops around here
-Accessibilty (buses etc): Buses are rather pricey. Prefer to walk.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?): 3 Bedroom semi. Perfect size really.
-State of house (needs decorating): We've been doing it up since we moved in in 04 and its pretty much all there now.

I love where I live. If I go one direction, I can get to the countryside in about 10 minutes walking and get to the city 30 minutes the other way. It's quiet, has good parks and it's just generally a pleasant area.

Smits
14-04-2010, 10:27 AM
-Distance from friends: They all live about 5-10 minutes walk away
-Distance from town & shops: I can walk to the city in 30 minutes, though there are plenty of smaller shops around here
-Accessibilty (buses etc): Buses are rather pricey. Prefer to walk.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?): 3 Bedroom semi. Perfect size really.
-State of house (needs decorating): We've been doing it up since we moved in in 04 and its pretty much all there now.

I love where I live. If I go one direction, I can get to the countryside in about 10 minutes walking and get to the city 30 minutes the other way. It's quiet, has good parks and it's just generally a pleasant area.

See i rpefer to walk everywher eto save money, but it takes me a good 40 minutes to get into town. I should be setting off soon but i'm waiting for the bus.

Rozi
14-04-2010, 10:46 AM
-Distance from friends -
Urm not bad really, can pretty much just get a bus to all of them.

-Distance from town & shops -
Good, got my local highstreet, then a like bigger one with a debenhams too, and then it only takes about half an hour to get to oxford street etc.

-Accessibilty (buses etc) -
Well I have to walk about 15 minutes to get to the tube or bus stop. But meh it's ok, exercise is guuuuud.

-Size of house (could it be bigger?) -
It's not big but I like it like this. 3 bedrooms for 3 people. Got a nice big kitchen n living room too with high ceilings. Bathroom's a bit of a squidge. Love my garden though coz it's massive, even though it's shared.

-State of house (needs decorating) -
Hmmm slowly it's getting redone. Bathroom and all carpets and like painting done. Living room and kitchen need redoing though.

I love the area I live in though, got nice common n all and even though there's quite a lot of crime it doesn't really effect me.

myke
14-04-2010, 11:12 AM
i dont mind living here, the people are OK, i'm happy with my house and where i live but the surrounding area is a bit meh :| ... close to the shops, friends etc and an airport is near, although i am pretty much out in the sticks though... which i don't mind. :)

buttons
14-04-2010, 11:23 AM
-Distance from friends - good cause i'm near my closest friends, bad cause my other ones live ageees away:(
-Distance from town & shops - 2 hours in a bus, no thankyou :/
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - yeh easy to get to
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - it's not small, not big. 3 bedrooms but there's only two of us. can't really complain. like it the way it is
-State of house (needs decorating) - it looks better on the inside but the outside is nice aswell.

Technologic
14-04-2010, 11:28 AM
-Distance from friends - really good :]
-Distance from town & shops - like 5 minutes from the station and i can be in the centre of manchester in 20 minutes so thats good :]
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - loads of buses and trains everywhere
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - above average, yeah
-State of house (needs decorating) - no since i spent all of last summer painting it with my dad :p

HotelUser
14-04-2010, 10:49 PM
- Not overly or under populated
- A good amount of diversity
- A suitable amount of businesses and services provided
- Good educational, policing, hospital, fire department services
- Close to my family

I like where I live quite a bit :)

Jordy
15-04-2010, 06:20 AM
-Distance from friends
Could be better, some are about 10 Minutes away but quite a lot are a 40 minute walk away with no public transport which is an issue
Just a bus ride away from town. Got the essentials at my local shops.
Buses are very good, between town, Nottingham and Derby. Train station is quite difficult to get to sadly.
Fine, slightly bigger than average I suppose.
Good other than my bedroom and the crappy windows, pretty much every other room has been redecorated as of recent.

Overall I rather like where I live, the location could be better (e.g. transport and more picturesque) and house is fine, it's also rather safe too.

Gibs960
15-04-2010, 07:07 AM
-Distance from friends - No friends live near me, and I hate that so I can't go out anywhere :(
-Distance from town & shops - Shops are round the corner :)
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - Bus stop down my road, and a tram station not far away
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - I like my house, needs more bedrooms though
-State of house (needs decorating) - My house is perfect the way it is :D

Blinger1
15-04-2010, 07:12 AM
aren't you 11? get your parents to drive you there :S

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Not really. None of my closest friends live in my area of our town (most of them only 15 mins walk away though) and the area itself is probably one of the roughest in town. About 20 mins walk away from either of two train stations but easy access to buses. Much prefer the house and area we had when I was a kid though.

MattFr
15-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I live in Cambridge, it would be hard to be dissatisfied tbh.

Absently
15-04-2010, 05:27 PM
-Distance from friends: my friends live all ova de place but two live like 30 mins away
-Distance from town & shops: just a 2 min walk down the hill and you're right in the town.
-Accessibilty (buses etc): can get a bus anywhereeeeeeee
-Size of house (could it be bigger?): it's 3 stories.. so it's alright.
-State of house (needs decorating): er de front is mank but my mums too lazy to paint :l

saying all that, i hate where i live with a passion. i'd much rather live in the country (i did when i was younger) living in the city is **** and it's turning into a right ****hole.

Caution
15-04-2010, 05:31 PM
-Distance from friends - Yeah good distance, not far.
-Distance from town & shops - 10 Mins roughly.
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - I walk everywhere cos it's a medium sized town but there's only like one part that I'm ever in. Loads of buses all the time though.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) Nah, not too bad size-wise. :)
-State of house (needs decorating) Yeah, but it's getting done.

AlexOC
15-04-2010, 06:09 PM
-Distance from friends everybody lives in different towns so very far
-Distance from town & shops manchester centre is like 20 mins on bus, and shops are like 10 mins away
-Accessibilty (buses etc) bus stops are about 5 mins away
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) 3 bedroom, but theres only me and my parents and a spare room, very big rooms aswell
-State of house (needs decorating) my room is suave as i did it recenty, the living room got done up like 3 months ago. pretty good

cocaine
15-04-2010, 06:11 PM
i dont like my area personally but thats more of a factor of me wanting a fresh start elsewhere. my areas quite nice, london underground tube stations a 2 min walk from my house, good bus links too. but i'd love to more elsewhere.

wiktoria
15-04-2010, 06:35 PM
-Distance from friends - I live close to some of my friends but if I want to see my other friends i need to get the bus which takes like 20 mins.
-Distance from town & shops - There's a village with some shops but I need to get the tram/bus to get to town and that takes like 30 mins.
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - There's a bus stop right in front of my house and a metrolink.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - My house is big and I wouldn't really want a bigger one.
-State of house (needs decorating) - I only moved there like 4 years ago and it was re-decorated just before we moved in so it's in a good condition :)

Don't really like it here though because it's not very safe round here....

hmv
15-04-2010, 06:55 PM
1) My best friend is my neighbour so ye.
2) It's like a 10-20 min walk depending on how fast I wanna walk. Or I can just sit on my bench in my front lawn and wait for a bus. And If I walk to the end of my road and cross the road there is some little grocery/sweety shops.
3) Bus-stop right outside the house
4) My house is big enough for me... if only I had an extra bedroom so I didn't have to share a bedroom with my sister.
5) The loft needs redecorated.. even though it is pretty much our storage dump I think it should be pretty. Oh and we need to re-paint the wall behind me because the shower in the bathroom kind of thingied into it and ****** it up.

So, yeah. I am okay with my location. I don't really mind but it depends on the people around me.

saying all that, i hate where i live with a passion. i'd much rather live in the country (i did when i was younger) living in the city is **** and it's turning into a right ****hole.
Yah, I wanna live in the country but I've lived in this house since day0 and I am too young to leave myself.

kuzkasate
15-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, I live in Manchester which is overall a piece of bull. I like my area, its clean and houses are very nice. But there are quite a lot of muppets & criminals and stuff but yeah, never been affected by crime.

-Distance from friends = Not happy with, most of them live from 30-60 mins away by bus.
-Distance from town & shops= Close to both town and have quite a few shops near mine that are 5-10 minutes away.
-Accessibilty (buses etc)= Excellent
-Size of house (could it be bigger?)= Fantastic
-State of house (needs decorating)= Beautiful, redocarted it a few months ago, looks fit now.

Richie
15-04-2010, 07:23 PM
-Distance from friends - I like
-Distance from town & shops - I like
-Accessibilty - I like
-Size of house - Don't like
-State of house - Don't like

Xtina
15-04-2010, 07:40 PM
-Distance from friends - close to the friends I talk to lots
-Distance from town & shops - Very close to shops, 5 min walk to highstreet, and 15 min drive from the shopping center
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - bus stops are very close, there is one just up my road, and there is a train station near the highstreet, and a bus station
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - My house is a very good size, not to small, not too large
-State of house (needs decorating) - My house is nice, nothings falling apart of anything : )

Overall, I love where I live :D

CJW93
17-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Distance from friends- My mates live about a 20 minutes walk away :(
Distance from town & shops- Pretty close
Accessibilty (buses etc)- Good public transport
Size of house (could it be bigger?)- Could be a little bigger
State of house (needs decorating)- Yeah its alright

Jorc
17-04-2010, 08:32 PM
-Distance from friends
Every single person I know lives right where I am, within 10-20 minutes. So its great.
I live in a city so everything is close :D
Buses all over, I personally don't use them though as I have a car.
It could be bigger, but i'm livin'!
Its nice I supposeeeeee, my mom goes crazy with decorating and we've only been here a year in this house! haha

Volumise
17-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Distance from friends - FAR, so i'm hardly allowed out to see my friends :|
Distance from town & shops - shopping mall right next to my house
Accessibilty (buses etc) - loads :)
Size of house (could it be bigger?) - meh, could be bigger.. much bigger..
State of house (needs decorating) - yesss, but my house is getting renevated in may woohoo

JoeyK.
17-04-2010, 09:17 PM
-Distance from friends: Not too horrible, it's about a 15 minute drive from my old neighborhood.
-Distance from town & shops: I'm right next to a major highway, so everything is pretty close. There's a Target across the street, a full shopping center a few blocks down the road, and the mall's only a 5 minute drive. Denver is only twenty minutes away.
-Accessibilty: Right at the heart of everything, so it's definitely not hard getting around.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?): Haha, my apartment's only 500sq feet; it's enough for just me & my wife though ;)
-State of house (needs decorating): Plain, plain, plain. Can't do anything with the walls without paying a rather pricey amount to the management, and they come through every couple of months for something or other.

Mickster
19-04-2010, 02:35 PM
-Distance from friends Reasonable, very close to some and just a little while away from others.
-Distance from town & shops Quite close to town, a few local shops.
-Accessibilty (buses etc) A lot of buses, may need to get a few to get somewhere a long distance away.
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) Quite big, perfectly happy with house. :D
-State of house (needs decorating) Only moved in a year ago so very plain, starting in a few months though.

Overall, it's not the area I dislike, more the fact that it's infested with chavs. :)

clueless
19-04-2010, 02:40 PM
i live in bromley kent, its really middle class and traditional and i hate that plus ive lived here all my life so im bored of it

Gemma
23-04-2010, 03:59 PM
-Distance from friends - About a 10 minute walk
-Distance from town & shops - Again, about a 10 minute walk
-Accessibilty - I like
-Size of house - Good size for the family
-State of house - All's good!

Smits
15-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I live in Cambridge, it would be hard to be dissatisfied tbh.

My grandparents live there, great city.

Bevvie
15-05-2010, 02:29 PM
-Distance from friends - 2 minutes from my best mate.
-Distance from town & shops - 2 minutes from corner shops. 10 mins to shopping centre. 25 mins on bus to town.
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - Yeah lots, but no night buses. :(
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - Right size.
-State of house (needs decorating) - Good.

Yeah its a good area and nice to go for a walk around.

Mikey
15-05-2010, 02:44 PM
- Distance from friends My friends are acculay quite nearby which is good.
- Distance from town & shops I can take the bus into town which probably takes around 10 minutes to get there and the local shopping center is like 5 minutes away on a bus.
- Accessibilty (buses etc) I can see the bus stop from my house so that's good but the buses take ages in our area.
- Size of house (could it be bigger?) I live in a flat but I really like it because it's always been home for me. I think my bedroom could be a bit bigger but overall it's quite big for a flat.
- State of house (needs decorating) It's quite well kept because I wouldn't want to live in a dump of a house. It's always clean and everythings just perfect to be honest.

Nemo
15-05-2010, 02:48 PM
-Distance from friends - decent
-Distance from town & shops - decent
-Accessibilty (buses etc) - good
-Size of house (could it be bigger?) - real small b ut i like it
-State of house (needs decorating) - state is nice

My actual road is really nice (theres quite a few people my age, we all grew up together, a greenery outside my house too that we used to play football on, 2 parks really close etc.), but my actual area is a ****hole.

Special
15-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Distance from friends:
Could be better tbh, it's like not far enough for a bus to too far to walk...

Distance from town & shops
I'd say one of the bets things about where i live. We have 3 shops nearby, a supermarkey, 3 major citis within 30 mins, and town within 10 mins

Accessibility
Busses are great, we have a trainstation and airport is withiun 1 hour away

Size of house:
My house is average, but i wouldnt want a massive house anyway they're infamous for being cold 24/7

State of house:
i'd love my bedroom to be decorated but hey beggars cant be choosers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!