PDA

View Full Version : feedback polls.

today
14-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Ok so i was like yeah i'll do my bit and vote, then i saw theres like a whole page for polls i dont even know answers to?

like the manager poll - i dont really know/nor care about the management.

Cut the polls down love.

Grig
14-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Ok so i was like yeah i'll do my bit and vote, then i saw theres like a whole page for polls i dont even know answers to?

Cut the polls down love.

I think there were problems for permissions, as DJs should not be allowed to post new threads there. I quote you the following;

your feedback and opinion on polls posted by Management in this forum

So yeh that doesn't seem right, as it should be that to the better development of Habbox as posted by management instead of DJs spamming up the forums with random polls.

But yeh, I'm sure this will get sorted :).

Martin
14-04-2010, 03:31 AM
I think there were problems for permissions, as DJs should not be allowed to post new threads there. I quote you the following;

So yeh that doesn't seem right, as it should be that to the better development of Habbox as posted by management instead of DJs spamming up the forums with random polls.

But yeh, I'm sure this will get sorted :).

Don't worry, Lindsey didn't spam it up. :P The polls were moved there by forum management.

I do agree that there are a lot, and they aren't particularly relevant to the forum, but I guess that was the best place, rather than having it take up a whole page in the "Discuss anything" forum. I guess it's also nice that they turned it into a competition too, and it's also nice that Habboxlive are getting community involvement. :D

Grig
14-04-2010, 03:36 AM
But wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the forum as per its description. Ah well :).

It was nice of her to try and get the forums more popular- so kudos for that, but I would say a couple of threads in the discuss anything is enough to do some form of competition etc., which would be perfect.

Blinger1
14-04-2010, 03:47 AM
how many competitions do we have that the majority of forum members enjoy? Be honest, please..

Tintinnabulate
14-04-2010, 06:43 AM
how many competitions do we have that the majority of forum members enjoy? Be honest, please..

Quite a lot lately, maybe you dont enjoy them but they have improved alot. Stop being constantly negative and childish. It doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look foolish. We both know what I am on about.

Molly.22
14-04-2010, 08:35 AM

Cut the polls down love.

There was a variety of questions which must of been needed to make the Family Fourtunes game. :)

marriott0.01
14-04-2010, 08:38 AM
There was a variety of questions which must of been needed to make the Family Fourtunes game. :)

Yup they weren't necessarily based around the forum etc... But in order to make the Family Fortunes event Oli said it would be best suited in the Feedback Polls because more people would tend to vote, and we needed enough questions for each round, so that's why there is that many. Thought I'd clarify the reason for Lindsey as I did help :P

Inseriousity.
14-04-2010, 09:18 AM

Maybe if you looked once in a while, you might find something.

Anyway, yeah, it's just a one-off competition that HabboxLive is hosting so I don't think it's much of a big deal tbh.

scott
14-04-2010, 09:23 AM
They were originally all posted in the Discuss anything forum, Oli thought it would be better for them to be put into feedback as there would be more votes or some other reasons which i don't know but i do agree they would be better there. Obviously if you read the thread you would realise the questions were there for a family fortunes event that will be happening on Sunday so the polls wouldn't be relevant to the forum or feedback. The reason there is so many threads i presume is there is a variety of questions. It's a one off doesn't happen all the time don't see a problem with it really :)

Blob
14-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm sure Alkaz is a manager :S

Smits
14-04-2010, 10:40 AM
How are you gonna play family fortunes with say 5 questions? I reccon theres enough!

scott
14-04-2010, 11:00 AM
How are you gonna play family fortunes with say 5 questions? I reccon theres enough!

there is a page full of them, i think they're also asking questions elsewhere as well

Smits
14-04-2010, 11:04 AM
there is a page full of them, i think they're also asking questions elsewhere as well

Yeah i know ive answered them all, what i was saying is; there isn't too many polls.

scott
14-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah i know ive answered them all, what i was saying is; there isn't too many polls.

i think if there was wayyy to many people wouldn't bother voting in them :P

Hecktix
14-04-2010, 11:13 AM
HabboxLive staff were unsure where to post these polls (which they need answers to) so instead of scattering them around the forum in various places we decided that they would be better off in "Feedback Polls" as although they are not strictly "Feedback" they are Official Habbox Polls, so to me that seemed the most fitting place, so we moved all the threads into there.

If people read the promotional material, announcements, notice regarding these threads then you'd understand what they are for. They are simple polls that will be moved out of public view after the 4 day voting period.

Just to note the polls are to gather data for a game of "Family Fortunes" being run by HabboxLive

today
14-04-2010, 12:26 PM
i do not care theres too many for me to even want to vote in, its effort, maybe 3-4 yeah.!!!!

Hecktix
14-04-2010, 12:32 PM
i do not care theres too many for me to even want to vote in, its effort, maybe 3-4 yeah.!!!!

There's nothing saying you have to vote, so if you don't want to, don't?

We respect there are a good few, hence the incentive offered to vote in them.

Special
14-04-2010, 12:46 PM
they're only polls, you only have to click, it's not like you have to give reasons for them. i don't see the problem with their being a lot :S

AgnesIO
14-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Nothing major, and I know Lindsey is Canadian but until the merge this is a UK fansite, so I think it would have been better if words were spelt the British way.. such as 'Favourite' not 'Favorite'

hah
14-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Quite a lot lately, maybe you dont enjoy them but they have improved alot. Stop being constantly negative and childish. It doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look foolish. We both know what I am on about.

i dont think you can tell people not to be childish or negative

today
14-04-2010, 08:52 PM
There's nothing saying you have to vote, so if you don't want to, don't?

We respect there are a good few, hence the incentive offered to vote in them.
15 rep points ent enough lol.

Nothing major, and I know Lindsey is Canadian but until the merge this is a UK fansite, so I think it would have been better if words were spelt the British way.. such as 'Favourite' not 'Favorite'
*****!!!!

Richie
14-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree its annoying, far too many polls.

buttons
14-04-2010, 09:03 PM
+REP AGREED MAKES A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!!!!
:/
some of you are lazy. it doesn't take up too much space. i thought it was a good idea, getting the community involved can't be a bad thing. i voted in em all anyway, thanks for giving me something to do ;o

Xoim
14-04-2010, 09:18 PM

You know what it means, so why make a deal out of it?
And what has the merger got to do with anything?
So if it wasn't happening her spelling would be okay with you?

And this may be a UK fansite, but not everyone on this actual fansite is British... they are free to spell what ever they like... If the merger was to habbo.ca she wouldn't ask you to do this, regaurdless of this being an english fansite...
Catch a grip.

HotelUser
14-04-2010, 09:20 PM

In all honesty, I think that's one of the most foolish suggestions I think I've ever seen on Habbox forum, ever.

I'm Canadian, I'll talk like a Canadian, I'll keep my Canadian culture while I'm here. If you don't like it, that's really just too bad :P

marriott0.01
14-04-2010, 09:23 PM
some of you are lazy. it doesn't take up too much space. i thought it was a good idea, getting the community involved can't be a bad thing. i voted in em all anyway, thanks for giving me something to do ;o

Actually she wasn't being lazy, and canadians spell it the way the UK spell it. When she was doing the polls she was using Google Chrome, which has an auto-dictionary. The auto-dictionary was telling her to change it to this, so she challenged her spelling and went for the Dictionaries version of the word 'favourite.' Little did she know Google Chrome is set to US-English by default. Doesn't mean she isn't spelling it's the UK way, it just means she didn't want to challenge the dictionary, and instead she challenged her own spelling....

And why do you care about spelling, English has evolved, a lot of people use slang in the UK which isn't used in America/Canada, and they don't care, they learn what it is, and just accept it. So don't just flame Lindsey over how she's spelt a word because of a stupid dictionary setting, i like you Jen, but seriously..... (Jen this isn't mainly aimed at you, mainly aimed at ANDROID ;))

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I only posted the polls as Dinasaw said, because of a Game show marathon. I thought it would be a good idea to ask for your help, but after the complaints I got, I guess I should of done it by myself? Because I didn't want to be bias, and make all the top answers from me,

This is fairly rude, and I'm offended on this comment, It doesn't matter that I'm Canadian, I spell Favourite the UK way, but I wasn't sure the way you spelled it, but thanks.. ;/ And your comment is like saying , GET OUT THIS WEBSITE IS NOT FOR INTERNATIONALS !. I'm sorry to say, but it is for everyone, when the merge happens, what are you going to do? comment on everyones misspelling.. ;/

also, about the polls, I had to think about random Questions, so the game wasn't boring ect. I did 20 questions because if one poll wasn't enough results I would have many more to pick from. I did not have permission to post in the thread for all the people are wondering, Oli offered to move them into that thread So I would get more results.

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 09:24 PM

I'm sorry, but I have to be on Lindsey's side on this. I'm also international and I spell favorite like so < It's not that I'm lazy, I'm actually offended that you called me lazy. It's just that it's the way I have spelled it my entire life. If you were on a US fansite I'm sure you would spell favorite like "favourite" and no one would care. It wouldn't make a difference to anyone, so why is everyone all upset about this?

And I'm sure that having the polls isn't changing anyone's life or making the forum bad at all. Lindsey needed help for the Gameshow Marathon and she did what she thought would be best. It isn't 'spam' because it wasn't pointless.

So what if I spell things different? Don't like it? I'm sorry but you need to get over it. ;/

Shar
14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't know who you think you are but here in the UK we warmly welcome foreigners so you have no right to tell people how to speak, if you have a problem please just keep it to your self.
So if ne1 wnts to spell diffrntly let dem be cos we don't care ;)
thnx bbz x

wiktoria
14-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Just because this is a UK fansite that doesn't mean people have to spell words the British way. Who actually cares how you spell the word 'Favourite' :S

Inseriousity.
14-04-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to be on Lindsey's side on this. I'm also international and I spell favorite like so < It's not that I'm lazy, I'm actually offended that you called me lazy. It's just that it's the way I have spelled it my entire life. If you were on a US fansite I'm sure you would spell favorite like "favourite" and no one would care. It wouldn't make a difference to anyone, so why is everyone all upset about this?

And I'm sure that having the polls isn't changing anyone's life or making the forum bad at all. Lindsey needed help for the Gameshow Marathon and she did what she thought would be best. It isn't 'spam' because it wasn't pointless.

So what if I spell things different? Don't like it? I'm sorry but you need to get over it. ;/

You misunderstood her post, she was talking about the people who said there were too many polls
LOL mike, "catch a grip", classic! :D

I voted in them all, didn't take me that long to do either.

Becca
14-04-2010, 09:32 PM
So you're all pretty much arguing over the way people from outside the UK spell different words? Who cares if this is a UK fansite? We're all human beings and we have a right to use this site, if they want to spell words how they please then let them do it. There has been international users on this site for years and now you feel like you want to tell them to get out? They can't exactly change the way they speak and spell things. American, Canadian, British whatever - who cares what we spell like, can you understand what it says? Yes? Well shut up then, don't argue about it.

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 09:35 PM
You misunderstood her post, she was talking about the people who said there were too many polls
LOL mike, "catch a grip", classic! :D

I voted in them all, didn't take me that long to do either.

I'm talking about the people who kept saying that she was 'spamming' up the polls. Spam is something that is pointless and that is repeated over and over. These polls were not pointless, although they were repeated. They all had a point. I'm mainly just upset that people are sitting there telling me how to spell certain words simply because I live in a a different country. It's stupid.

NonCanadian
14-04-2010, 09:36 PM
TBH THIS MAY BE A UK FANSITE BUTTT HABBOX CATERS FOR UK AND INTERNATIONAL USERS.
WHO CARES THE WAY INTERNATIONAL USERS SPELL WORDS LIKE FAVORITE OR FAVOURITE OR HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT. THE POLLS ARE GONNA BE USED FOR AN A RADIO EVENT SO YEH *REMOVED*. AND BTW THIER NOT LAZY THEY CAN SPELL THE WAY THEY WANT

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members

NonCanadian
14-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Habbox.com Caters For Uk And International Users

xxMATTGxx
14-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Habbox may just support a UK fansite at this moment in time. But that does not mean users from around the world cannot join up and work for the website. If they wish to spell like they spell in their country, then it isn't a major problem. Everyone makes spelling mistakes, we are not all perfect after all.

I agree its annoying, far too many polls.

There may be many polls but there is a reason for that. You do not have to vote or view for them if you do not wish, it's not going to happen on a daily basis. Like it has been said before in this thread it's a "one off".

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 09:45 PM

Also Does this mean that, after the merge were allowed to post words that are from our country? ;S , because that is what your saying..

buttons
14-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Actually she wasn't being lazy, and canadians spell it the way the UK spell it. When she was doing the polls she was using Google Chrome, which has an auto-dictionary. The auto-dictionary was telling her to change it to this, so she challenged her spelling and went for the Dictionaries version of the word 'favourite.' Little did she know Google Chrome is set to US-English by default. Doesn't mean she isn't spelling it's the UK way, it just means she didn't want to challenge the dictionary, and instead she challenged her own spelling....

And why do you care about spelling, English has evolved, a lot of people use slang in the UK which isn't used in America/Canada, and they don't care, they learn what it is, and just accept it. So don't just flame Lindsey over how she's spelt a word because of a stupid dictionary setting, i like you Jen, but seriously..... (Jen this isn't mainly aimed at you, mainly aimed at ANDROID ;))

I'm talking about the people who kept saying that she was 'spamming' up the polls. Spam is something that is pointless and that is repeated over and over. These polls were not pointless, although they were repeated. They all had a point. I'm mainly just upset that people are sitting there telling me how to spell certain words simply because I live in a a different country. It's stupid.
what the ****?
i was being sarcastic when i said +rep to android. i'm not petty enough to care about spelling. i said the ones talking about there being too many polls were lazy and they didn't have to do it. i thought maybe the "i thought it was a good idea, getting the community involved can't be a bad thing. i voted in em all anyway, thanks for giving me something to do ;o" part would show i thought it was well done, obviously not lmao..... have canadians ever heard of sarcasm:S

AgnesIO
14-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Woah sorry for causing offence :l just my opinion - so am I allowed to speak spanish everywhere now - was just saying my opinion, which last time I checked was allowed..

No lindsey, the reason I mentioned after the merge is because habbox will be international.

And whoever thought jen wasn't taking the piss needs help.

NonCanadian
14-04-2010, 09:49 PM
what the ****?
i was being sarcastic when i said +rep to android. i'm not petty enough to care about spelling. i said the ones talking about there being too many polls were lazy and they didn't have to do it. i thought maybe the "i thought it was a good idea, getting the community involved can't be a bad thing. i voted in em all anyway, thanks for giving me something to do ;o" part would show i thought it was well done, obviously not lmao..... have canadians ever heard of sarcasm:S
CHICKENFACES ISNT CANADIAN :S

marriott0.01
14-04-2010, 09:49 PM
what the ****?

I never thought you were that petty Jen <3 Just sometimes it's confusing to distinguish whether you're being sarcastic or not ;) Lols thanks Jen for Clarifying <3 You're actually an amazing person and I thanks for your input ly <3
+rep for being so kind :) xx

P.S I'm not Canadian ;) Me and Shannon were born in the USA :D <3

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 09:50 PM
what the ****?

I'm not Canadian. And how am I supposed to tell if you're sarcastic in text?
I've heard of sarcasm. Sorry for getting upset, but many things can be misinterpreted.

scott
14-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Woah sorry for causing offence :l just my opinion - so am I allowed to speak spanish everywhere now - was just saying my opinion, which last time I checked was allowed..

lol, speaking Spanish is completely different to what this is, using different variations of the english language to were she is from to talking a completely different language how can you compare that? lol. Don't know if you've ever noticed but things like "Events Organizers" ;) Half the stuff around here is using american spelling.

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Next time you state your opinion, rethink who your going to offend, Because you were basically saying, get out of this fansite its for UK PEOPLE ONLY !. and last time I checked there were many internationals using this fansite. We speak English, but may spell things differently and say words with accents, but we are allowed to be onto this fansite.

AgnesIO
14-04-2010, 09:53 PM
lol, speaking Spanish is completely different to what this is, using different variations of the english language to were she is from to talking a completely different language how can you compare that? lol. Don't know if you've ever noticed but things like "Events Organizers" ;) Half the stuff around here is using american spelling.

How comes if I am a news reporter I wouldn't be allowed to post things in cockney slang?

Lindsey sorry for causing you offence and all, but seriously you lot over reacted wayyyy too much..

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 09:54 PM

No lindsey, the reason I mentioned after the merge is because habbox will be international.

You can speak spanish whenever you want man, I'm just saying that it doesn't make any sense how you're going to tell other people how to type. If you want to criticize the way I spell words, then you have to also critisize the people who don't use proper grammar in the forums. The people who type like this : "CaN 1 g0 aNd typ3 lik3 this"

Really? Which is worse? My spelling of the word favorite or that?

marriott0.01
14-04-2010, 09:55 PM
How comes if I am a news reporter I wouldn't be allowed to post things in cockney slang?

Lindsey sorry for causing you offence and all, but seriously you lot over reacted wayyyy too much..

Us News Reporters use a lot of puns, including Cockney Slang puns, and we wouldn't be criticised for using american words. I know I have..

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Us LOT, see there is a Slang, if you were in a Canadian Fansite or an Amercian fansite , we wouldn't criticised that, In Canada, or the USA we say you friends, and your group , or the group of people ect.

And " HOW COMES " ? Really, ... its how come. ,

But I'm just trying to prove a point, and thanks for the apology.

HotelUser
14-04-2010, 10:03 PM

No she didn't. You shouldn't of said she couldn't do something so small because she's Canadian.

Speaking Spanish would be inappropriate, because the forum population won't understand Spanish. We can all perfectly understand Canadian and American English, and if it's anything to you, I've found it more difficult to understand European English than an Englander would find hard to understand me.

AgnesIO
14-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not representing habbox dear :l

And marriott I am reffering to all the time not just one pun. Seriously lindsey I have apoligised, stop making it out as if I called death apon every canadian or something?? I mean what I said, on reflection was unfair, but that's no reason for me to be murdered..

marriott0.01
14-04-2010, 10:08 PM

And marriott I am reffering to all the time not just one pun. Seriously lindsey I have apoligised, stop making it out as if I called death apon every canadian or something?? I mean what I said, on reflection was unfair, but that's no reason for me to be murdered..

It wasn't like she was talking a different language, so it was more like a pun and tbh she didn't intend to, and she is sorry you feel so offended by her nationality. And it's great you've apologized :)

HotelUser
14-04-2010, 10:10 PM

If you meant what you said it's within Lindsey's right to tell you she thinks you're wrong, as it is my right.

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 10:11 PM

If you weren't ready to get the reactions that you got from people than you shouldn't have posted something like that. And it's not just the Canadians, American people spell favorite the same way that Canadians do. [Let's not forget the Americans here lovies] Watch what you say before you post it please.

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 10:12 PM

Your not murdered? If you were you wouldn't be posting in the hxf ;) .

marriott0.01
If you weren't ready to get the reactions that you got from people than you shouldn't have posted something like that. And it's not just the Canadians, American people spell favorite the same way that Canadians do. Watch what you say before you post it please.

Also adding on that, if you add the populations of the USA + Canada + Australia (Who also have a different english) then you would indeed find YOU spell favorite wrong ;)

AgnesIO
And david, I have said sorry..

I will buy lindsey a gold trophy on habbo tomorrow to say sorry, but can we please let this drop? I didn't mean to cause anyone offence.

P.s. would get it tonight but on mobile.

HotelUser
14-04-2010, 10:14 PM

I will buy lindsey a gold trophy on habbo tomorrow to say sorry, but can we please let this drop? I didn't mean to cause anyone offence.

You don't have to buy anything, we're just pointing out that what you said is too xenophobic for our Habbox Forum style, and hope you acknowledge that :)

ChickenFaces
14-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Well you should say sorry to everyone you offended in this. ;[
You don't have to buy anything for anyone, but this is exactly the type of bias that starts a lot of problems. Please don't do it again please. ;)

AgnesIO
14-04-2010, 10:16 PM
You don't have to buy anything, we're just pointing out that what you said is too xenophobic for our Habbox Forum style, and hope you acknowledge that :)

I know I don't have to, I would like to.

Lindsey
14-04-2010, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks ;) .

Judge Judy
14-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Hmm I just can't believe how a thread about polls have turned into a what standard/form of English we should speak.

Anyway the current polls in feedback forum are alright I guess. They're for a community event. I don't remember the real life Family Fortunes only had 5 surveys so more is good in thie situation :P
It was something for me to do anyway. Seems some form of incentives got us going nonetheless.

today
15-04-2010, 03:03 AM
omg the drama on hxf, it still makes me lol.

Grig
15-04-2010, 04:29 AM
^ Very true mate. I frankly don't care who spells what how, I allow people to spell how they like, but really this isn't the point of this thread and I'm sure you can argue that in your own time. Maybe, have a forum for polls created by users- may be a useful addition, because I did love the fact that Lindsey posted around and did promote the forum, which was fantastic :D, but the fact was that sub- forum was always used for improvements in terms of Habbox in the past, and voting for who your favourite manager is will in no way improve Habbox, unless the one with the least votes will be fired (joke intended here!)

But yeh, it did entertain me for that and good to see her taking an initiative, but maybe add a polls sub-forum somewhere, may actually be used etc. Or maybe even a temporary sub-forum for that particular event if it's meant to be echoed as something big etc.

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Surely the main issue here has been overlooked by everybody? None of the polls have an 'Other' or 'Indifferent' option. For example, you can't ask somebody who their favourite artist is and just list twelve random ones all from the same genre. Especially with people voting just to earn rep, chances are they're just clicking anything so if there were a full range of options it might at least help keep the data as accurate as possible. Although if it's all just in aid of a game, I guess it won't really matter how rich in validity the resulting data is.

scott
15-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Surely the main issue here has been overlooked by everybody? None of the polls have an 'Other' or 'Indifferent' option. For example, you can't ask somebody who their favourite artist is and just list twelve random ones all from the same genre. Especially with people voting just to earn rep, chances are they're just clicking anything so if there were a full range of options it might at least help keep the data as accurate as possible. Although if it's all just in aid of a game, I guess it won't really matter how rich in validity the resulting data is.
As far as i'm aware in family fortunes there isn't an option to say "other" :O

Nixt
15-04-2010, 09:58 AM

They don't impact on the way we run the forum at all and therefore the fact that they aren't "rich in validity" is irrelevant tbh :P. Nevertheless when choosing the options for the poll I understand it was done so in a way that was reflective of the most popular artists, drinks, tv programs and whatever.

As for the fact they are in Feedback polls, I really don't see why anyone has to make a drama or moan about it. The idea is that we get more votes and can have more fun in the gameshow, it also gives our members something to do. They're going to be moved out in a week or so. It's not the end of the world, and I we're not about to create a subforum for these type of polls when it's a one off and won't be lasting very long.

Finally, I do think this thread is going off topic and becoming pointless and argumentative. So, thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!