PDA

View Full Version : "WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?" - Political party in user info.

Fez
15-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Given the election craze and the craze down in the current affairs section, I think this would be a good trinket to go along with it.

On the user info, just in the right hand corner of every post, alongside Habbo Name I think it would be nice to just have which party you maybe swing towards. Of course, this would be entirely optional and I doubt it would be intrusive into other parts of the forum.

Would let everyone personalize each other, and if a debate forms, they can take it into the debating section.

We can all have a nice big dash of mass debating.

Blinger1
15-04-2010, 11:47 PM
no, please don't!

Unless it is just the world news or what ever section they post the news in

Hecktix
15-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Hiya :)

I think this is a great idea although I think it should only appear in the "Current Affairs" section (and on the profile).

I will talk with Garion about adding it to this weeks updates.

Fez
15-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Hiya :)

I think this is a great idea although I think it should only appear in the "Current Affairs" section (and on the profile).

I will talk with Garion about adding it to this weeks updates.

Didn't think that would be possible.

Blinger1
16-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, it works in the console section. You can show your PSN, Live and Wii Friends code

Hecktix
16-04-2010, 12:10 AM

Well, it works in the console section. You can show your PSN, Live and Wii Friends code

Yeah it is possible :)

Blinger1
16-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah it is possible :)
I know, i posted that above mateeeeeeee

Jordy
16-04-2010, 12:18 AM
I like the idea but I do wonder the point with the amount of political signatures/avatars.

Hecktix
16-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I like the idea but I do wonder the point with the amount of political signatures/avatars.

Some users would maybe like to show their support for parties more discreetly :P

Jordy
16-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Some users would maybe like to show their support for parties more discreetly :PI'm assuming you're not one of them :P

Nixt
16-04-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm not 100% sure about this. It would be interesting to see more people's opinions before we implement it, because I think that it's relatively unnecessary when people in current affairs are already quite happy to show their political allegiance and a profile section, particularly one we put on show, feels like overkill.

Black_Apalachi
16-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Some users would maybe like to show their support for parties more discreetly :P

Yeah, I'd consider showing it with my other info but I'd never have avatars and sigs (even if I was committed to a particular party). Kind of agree with Garion too though; it's not overly necessary and I would only ever welcome it on the condition that it's only there until the general election passes on May 6th, or at least once the results are out.

Hecktix
16-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I'd consider showing it with my other info but I'd never have avatars and sigs (even if I was committed to a particular party). Kind of agree with Garion too though; it's not overly necessary and I would only ever welcome it on the condition that it's only there until the general election passes on May 6th, or at least once the results are out.

I think keeping it in view on the "Current Affairs" forum would be until June, although it could stay as a permanent feature on the profile page, even facebook has Political Views high on their profiles.

HotelUser
16-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I can say I support a Canadian party none of you know, this will be useful and educational for all!

Tintinnabulate
16-04-2010, 04:52 PM

It will become useless really after Juneish.
After the merge, there will be users from several countries, so again, it will become useless.

I don't really see the point in this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!