PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] All accounts hackable?

Lost_Addict
17-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I just had this thought. Say if someone had hacked your account a few days ago. As soon as they log on using the account details they get told your email address. Which will instantley give them access to every one of your accounts.

Do you think it was a wise move to always tell accounts login in with account details to log in with their email and actually display the email.

I'm not sure TBH 'cause it could go drastically wrong for some people.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Moved to this forum from ' UK News and Rumours' .

AgnesIO
17-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Was talking to my mate about this.

Does the habbo id also mean if you are permed ALL accounts will be permed?

Although this doesn't make a huge different really, most users only have one account. And those of us with safety accounts attach them to completely different email addresses.

Casio
17-04-2010, 12:39 PM
When 1 account is permed on a habbo id only 1 is permed not all.

Mr-Trainor
17-04-2010, 01:49 PM
As soon as they log on using the account details they get told your email address.

Couldn't they already see it before by going to email settings? :S +it doesn't give the full email adress. Like if your email was [email protected] it would say 'email' and not your full email address. But if your email settings, it will show '[email protected]'

amarj
17-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Couldn't they already see it before by going to email settings? :S +it doesn't give the full email adress. Like if your email was [email protected] it would say 'email' and not your full email address. But if your email settings, it will show '[email protected]'

it wouldn't be unique then because you can have [email protected] and [email protected]

I just had this thought. Say if someone had hacked your account a few days ago. As soon as they log on using the account details they get told your email address. Which will instantley give them access to every one of your accounts.

Do you think it was a wise move to always tell accounts login in with account details to log in with their email and actually display the email.

I'm not sure TBH 'cause it could go drastically wrong for some people.

thats the user's fault, if for some reason the hacker manage to get the account, wouldn't getting the other account be the same?

The wole point of e-mail address is to make it harder for the hacker, so instead of guessing your password since your username is already displayed, the hacker must guess your e-mail address and password. The system ain't perfect but its better than before

Jorc
17-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Well you just have to be safe, and hope it doesn't happen.

AgnesIO
17-04-2010, 04:50 PM
it wouldn't be unique then because you can have [email protected] and [email protected]

thats the user's fault, if for some reason the hacker manage to get the account, wouldn't getting the other account be the same?

The wole point of e-mail address is to make it harder for the hacker, so instead of guessing your password since your username is already displayed, the hacker must guess your e-mail address and password. The system ain't perfect but its better than before

Not many people who are hacked have their details GUESSED. Most of them are through tricks, keyloggers etc

canto09
21-04-2010, 12:50 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not accuse others of hacking.

Smits
21-04-2010, 12:54 PM
*Removed*

learn from it.

So now you can see other habbos emails?

Mr-Trainor
21-04-2010, 04:10 PM
*Removed*

learn from it.

So now you can see other habbos emails?
Nope, only you can see it below your username - no one else can :)

Smits
21-04-2010, 04:11 PM
ahh right so i dont see how its any easier to hack people?

MattFr
21-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Too be perfectly honest, if you're rtarded enough to have a crap password or download a keylogger, you deserve everything that happens. Not that being hacked on Habbo is much of a problem anyway!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!