PDA

View Full Version : How is this for irony...

Black_Apalachi
18-04-2010, 07:45 PM
We could potentially win Manchester United's 19th title for them by beating Chelsea on May 2nd.

I have friends who are Liverpool fans that hate this idea because it means we're helping them get ahead of us, and also become the first club to win four consecutive league titles. Me though, I reckon it would be great - that the mighty United, even with all the own goals, may *still* have to depend on us horrible Scousers who ain't got no history and aren't even in Europe.

Discuss :)

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Hope reina scores a oggy in the last min.

If we where playing for top 4 then i'd want us to win, whether united won the title or not.

But where not so i couldnt care less how we get on for the remainder of season.

Hope to go to hamburg though.

Arron
18-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Wigan will win us our trophy.

luce
19-04-2010, 05:59 PM
yeah i worked this out weeks ago? Hardly ironic it's just fixtures and liverpool should play their best no matter what anyway you have a lot of pride to restore. However i think CH will **** up some more before you anyway :)!

CHA!NGANG
19-04-2010, 06:07 PM
yeah i worked this out weeks ago? Hardly ironic it's just fixtures and liverpool should play their best no matter what anyway you have a lot of pride to restore. However i think CH will **** up some more before you anyway :)!

They only have one game before the Liverpool game :P Stoke, at home. Put boards all around the pitch and your sorted.

Browney
19-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Infact, I'd say that if I had to pick a dangerous team in the bottom half I'd say Stoke.

CHA!NGANG
19-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Away, i'd recon so. Chelsea at home, I'd think that Chelsea should do fine. Stoke are dangerous mainly because of one reason which are the throws, if they can deal with them then they should be fine. Although I just remembered, no Terry which could be a problem as I can't remember what other CB's they have that are available.

Jibbish
19-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Away, i'd recon so. Chelsea at home, I'd think that Chelsea should do fine. Stoke are dangerous mainly because of one reason which are the throws, if they can deal with them then they should be fine. Although I just remembered, no Terry which could be a problem as I can't remember what other CB's they have that are available.
ivanovic and alex

FlyingJesus
19-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Frankly I think Alex could sit in for Terry just fine, especially if Terry's going to play like he did the other day. I can still see us slipping up against Wigan or Stoke because something ridiculous like that always happens, but Liverpool not so much of a threat right now as long as we don't have a repeat performance (or lack of performance rather) of the Spurs game.

CHA!NGANG
19-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I thought Alex starts anyway because Carvalho is injured?

Yeah I forgot about Ivanovic because he's played RB for a while but I suppose he could go into CB yea that's true.

Jack.Lfc
19-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Ancolotti is a bottler.

3-0 up istanbul.
4-0 up deportive
was a good score up v psv couple of seasons ago

Thats why i think man u will win the league

Browney
20-04-2010, 09:22 AM

No, but the dangerous thing about Stoke is the pure unpredictibility of those throws. How many times have we seen a throw get a nick on, and it goes in? Terry's not a pacey CB, but he is a really great header of the ball. So Stoke will be rubbing their hands together.

Titch
20-04-2010, 09:29 AM
No, but the dangerous thing about Stoke is the pure unpredictibility of those throws. How many times have we seen a throw get a nick on, and it goes in? Terry's not a pacey CB, but he is a really great header of the ball. So Stoke will be rubbing their hands together.

have to agree with this, they have got some of the best throwers in PL

Geraint
20-04-2010, 03:54 PM
have to agree with this, they have got some of the best throwers in PL

chelsea smashed stoke in the fa cup.

Browney
20-04-2010, 04:16 PM
chelsea smashed stoke in the fa cup.

Anyway, the whole point about their tactics is that they'll hoof the ball up 10 times and it'll stick once, but when it does it'll pay off. Chelsea relax too much, and if it stays 1-0, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scrappy goal go in and cost them a couple of points.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah that's why I said that Stoke have a chance because Terry isn't playing. Stoke are dangerous yeah of course but Chelsea have played them a few times this year and should know how to deal with the the throws but Terrys absence means anything can happen.

JackBuddy
20-04-2010, 05:15 PM
tbh Terry not playing is probably a blessing in disguise.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe, but I can't see any of the other defenders commanding the area like he does which against stoke, is something you need to be able to do.

I recon that we've really missed out this year.

Drogba could miss out in the last few games.
No Essien.
Mikel could be injured. Chelsea might just loose it against Liverpool. If they do united will probably pounce and win the title.

If we beat Wigan then we'd be 3 points behind Chelsea and actually have a good shot.

We might win next year but tbh it depends on who United, Chelsea and City bring in. All 3 could buy huge this summer (maybe less united), and that would set us back. United and Chelsea didn't buy this summer really which is why we've been doing so well this year.

[DC]eption
20-04-2010, 11:16 PM
We could potentially win Manchester United's 19th title for them by beating Chelsea on May 2nd.

I have friends who are Liverpool fans that hate this idea because it means we're helping them get ahead of us, and also become the first club to win four consecutive league titles. Me though, I reckon it would be great - that the mighty United, even with all the own goals, may *still* have to depend on us horrible Scousers who ain't got no history and aren't even in Europe.

Discuss :)

Yeah you would win us it.. the other 76 points we have already has nothing to do with it

Black_Apalachi
22-04-2010, 03:11 PM

It's clearly ironic.

Frankly I think Alex could sit in for Terry just fine, especially if Terry's going to play like he did the other day. I can still see us slipping up against Wigan or Stoke because something ridiculous like that always happens, but Liverpool not so much of a threat right now as long as we don't have a repeat performance (or lack of performance rather) of the Spurs game.

Don't count on it.

eption;6422290']Yeah you would win us it.. the other 76 points we have already has nothing to do with it

No it's not all down to us, but I did mention Oggy in the OP.

[DC]eption
23-04-2010, 12:33 AM
oggy has been influential this season! you could do with a top quality striker like him. Talking off strikers hows diego forlan doing? Still making scousers cry?

Jack.Lfc
23-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Why would we cry? because he scored against us again?

Benfica away lost by 1
Lille away lost by 1

its looking good.

[DC]eption
30-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Yup ill agree looking good..

JackBuddy
30-04-2010, 08:54 AM
eption;6434277']Yup ill agree looking good..
He wasn't far off. They were only beaten by an extra time winner.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!