PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for Teens!

Conytz
19-04-2010, 05:16 PM
About It..

I and Ronny have had many ideas to help people just like us.
Us as teens love to spend money go out with friends and have a good time!a It's just not that simple; we've all had those moments when we wanted to do something with friends and then not been able to do it simply because you don't have the money.

Some of us get pocket money weekly/monthly, some get it for doing jobs around the house and some don't, but we all know that isn't enough to pay for shopping, cinema's, concerts etc..

We also know that it’s very hard to find a job, and the lucky ones that do find a job still might dislike doing it! Or you don't get enough for what you are doing.

What we will offer...

We will have a nice looking website were you the teens can explore and learn about working. We will have a page were you can submit what you're good at and what kind of things you like, this will then move on to us finding you a job, we will search about for jobs that you will suite after we have found some we will ring them up and tell them about you. If you live close to the job we will either arrange an interview with you and the manager. If the job is online based we will arrange a interview either through phone or Skype.

Scared about your first interview or phone call? Read on..

Job's for Teens will offer support and help build your confidence with speaking to adults, we will tell you what you need to talk about and how you should talk to them. We will offer support via Phone, MSN, forums or Email.

We will have a main site with news, guides, support and videos about the world of work.

That's just a teaser of what we will be offering to teens!

We will have more to come! Please reply with your views on this and what could make it work. If you're interested in helping out please drop me a private message!

Kindest Regards,
Kyle Byrne & Ronny Clarek.

DarrenToogood
19-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Why is it 'Job's for teens' ?

Surely it should be 'Jobs for teens'?

Jonster
19-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Im not going to look into what I am about to say and so whether it exists currently or not I do not know but the idea of having someone else arrange an interview for you just doesn't click in my head. To me it would give an employer the wrong impression in that if you're not prepared to do something yourself then what are the chances you're prepared to do something for the team/company?

I like the idea however, and it would be better to develop an automated system rather than for you to be job hunting yourselves. I do wish you the best of luck though, but I cannot see it being a success, especially within the first year at least.

Adamm
19-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Why is it 'Job's for teens' ?

Surely it should be 'Jobs for teens'?
I don't think you have any ground to correct people after your more than turbulant past, Darren.

It's a good idea but it's been done to death and there's more than enough resources already on the internet to find out the exact information that you're offering. The only way to get it up and running is if you actually have job openings from across the country specifically for teens, that'd attract visitors. If you don't do that or something similar then it will be a complete waste of your time and internet bandwidth.... and crude oil.

MattFr
19-04-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.connexions-direct.com/

New idea please.

dbgtz
19-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah you need to do market research in future.

LMS16
19-04-2010, 09:22 PM
I know for sure I wouldn't use this site to find the job for me...
I would prefer a professional website run by a professional team; not two 16 year olds.

I my self am looking for an apprenticeship which has to be sorted through the company itself as they dont let connexions do it; they give you advice...

Anyway, I wish you luck if you even bother with this idea (not worth the hassle)

Lew.

Jonster
19-04-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.connexions-direct.com/

New idea please.

Why does it have to be a new idea? What's new about this forum that other forums do not have? What's new and different about Bing that other search engines dont offer? It's called variety and if executed well it has potential to grow. I do, however, think it will be a difficult market to enter and unless there is heavy investment available to carry out research and ultimately advertise (and that isn't just online, tv... that is also in schools SPEAKING to your target audience) then it will inevitably fail.

Adamm
20-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Why does it have to be a new idea? What's new about this forum that other forums do not have? What's new and different about Bing that other search engines dont offer? It's called variety and if executed well it has potential to grow. I do, however, think it will be a difficult market to enter and unless there is heavy investment available to carry out research and ultimately advertise (and that isn't just online, tv... that is also in schools SPEAKING to your target audience) then it will inevitably fail.
This forum was created in 2004 and was part of the first ever Habbo fansite. That's why it is called HABBOxforum.com.

You need to do something new otherwise YOU WILL fail. No ifs or buts. You will fail if you don't offer something.

MattFr
20-04-2010, 04:34 PM
You just answered your own question. It has to be a new idea because I doubt he has funding. Nothing is new about Bing, but Microsoft have sht loads of money to chuck at it so it works.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!