PDA

View Full Version : An Idea :)

funky-stefo
20-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I think habboxforum, should get a Picture Uploader :) Saves me useing tinypic all the time :)

Stefan!

::Art::
20-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Agreed.

AgnesIO
20-04-2010, 06:46 PM
We need have uploadpicz.

Well staff still do.

funky-stefo
20-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I want us to get an uploader beg Garion :) When he is back :)

Tintinnabulate
20-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Well they had an image uploader but they realised it takes up way too much space and resources and wasnt worth it.
An idea is to integrate tinypic with the forum. Someone made an addon for it and can be found on vBulletin.org

funky-stefo
20-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Still wan't one :L

JACKTARD
20-04-2010, 07:07 PM
That would be great.

Special
20-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Great idea! It also ought to be in a convenient place, like above Quick Reply near the link button or something :)

It should have option like [I.MG], embedded etc

Jorc
20-04-2010, 07:14 PM
That would be a nice idea.

dogboy123
20-04-2010, 07:44 PM
The costs of running an extra sites, all the time moderating it to make sure theres no inapropriate images etc. When you can just go on another uploader site? seems lazy imo

Catzsy
20-04-2010, 07:57 PM
The costs of running an extra sites, all the time moderating it to make sure theres no inapropriate images etc. When you can just go on another uploader site? seems lazy imo

Agree when we had one last time it was a nightmare to moderate and loads of inappropriate images on it.

Nixt
20-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Obviously Habbox did have it's own, independent, image uploader at one point - Upload Picz. As mentioned though it was quite difficult to run as a result of the inappropriate images and stuff. As for having an image uploader on the forum itself, I'm not expert but I am pretty sure it would put strain on our server which is temperamental enough as it is!

I don't really like the idea of installing any plugins that allow us to use an uploader on a forum. I'm not aware of security issues but it just screams to me that there would be many for a script like that. Additionally, it just seems so unnecessary! It might take an extra 30 seconds but there is no harm in uploading to imageshack, tinypic, photobucket etc and then just putting it on the forum.

Titch
20-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Obviously Habbox did have it's own, independent, image uploader at one point - Upload Picz. As mentioned though it was quite difficult to run as a result of the inappropriate images and stuff. As for having an image uploader on the forum itself, I'm not expert but I am pretty sure it would put strain on our server which is temperamental enough as it is!

I don't really like the idea of installing any plugins that allow us to use an uploader on a forum. I'm not aware of security issues but it just screams to me that there would be many for a script like that. Additionally, it just seems so unnecessary! It might take an extra 30 seconds but there is no harm in uploading to imageshack, tinypic, photobucket etc and then just putting it on the forum.

as shown today the forum is being a bit of a ******* atm and adding the extra strain on it would make it die tbh. Just do what garion said and spend 20 secs going to photobucket or sumin, i do

Tintinnabulate
20-04-2010, 08:20 PM

My way would just have a tinypic uploader. It will upload to tinypic and there isnt really any security issues with this addon.

funky-stefo
21-04-2010, 03:52 PM

I know the forum used to have one and I loved it :) But thats what this thread was about, we should have it again to save people going on tinypic and other sites ect :(

Smits
21-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Unless your posting a picture youve taken youself you can easily just right click any image from google or whatever, copy location, paste in http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1ioXm_eb-wbMLM:http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2009/05/woo-hoo.jpg

funky-stefo
21-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Most of the time I don't c+p :L

Blob
21-04-2010, 07:46 PM
how lazy can you get, honestly?

funky-stefo
21-04-2010, 08:07 PM
lol VERY!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!