PDA

View Full Version : inter milan 3 - 1 barcelona

Jibbish
20-04-2010, 09:52 PM
suprise no one made a thread about this lol :S

JackBuddy
20-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Glad Inter won, and fair play to jose for bringing up the Chelsea game last year.

Adamm
20-04-2010, 10:24 PM
It's no surprise to me...

StefanWolves
20-04-2010, 11:14 PM
No surprise at all, was exactly the same as Chelsea last year when Chelsea were robbed in the last minute of the 180 minutes.

Fair play to Inter, I think they will win it now.

Adamm
21-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I've backed inter since the round of 16. They're a strong side.

Browney
21-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Watched the game, strong performance from the Italians, I love Balotelli. <3

Adamm
21-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Balotelli to Arsenal.

Heard it here first.

Browney
21-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Or I heard it a while back, whatevs.

StefanWolves
21-04-2010, 11:44 AM
He's probably got the worst attitude that I have ever seen on a football pitch... maybe apart from El-Hadj Diouf

Adamm
21-04-2010, 11:56 AM
He's probably got the worst attitude that I have ever seen on a football pitch... maybe apart from El-Hadj Diouf
Wayne Rooney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4iG6ZBFzQ

Michael Ballack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuepxiSe1TU

AND LOL have any of you seen that prank call with diouf? it's amazing.

Smits
21-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Inter deserved it.

Lol at that ballack vid. Im watching that prank call now.

Arron
28-04-2010, 06:36 PM
this game is gonna be a thriller i hope.

AlexOC
28-04-2010, 06:43 PM
That ballack vid is lol

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 06:46 PM
3-1 barcelona I think...

AlexOC
28-04-2010, 06:53 PM
oh **** its on now

lol

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 06:56 PM
i wish someone would actually SNAP dani alves, i cannot stand him - always diving and making a big deal out of it - he is by far the worst diver/***** i have seen on a football pitch

AlexOC
28-04-2010, 06:57 PM
hes so ugly also

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 06:58 PM
hes just someone you could keep punching and never stop punching, hate him

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 07:08 PM
i wish someone would actually SNAP dani alves, i cannot stand him - always diving and making a big deal out of it - he is by far the worst diver/***** i have seen on a football pitch

Busquets is worse.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 07:15 PM
That's why I dislike Bara. Busquets, Alves and Pedro should enter for the 2012 Olympics.

Don't get me wrong, Barca are a good team but without Messi they're half the team.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Busquets is worse.

Called it ;)

Jack.Lfc
28-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Dani alves's crossing is abysmal.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 07:18 PM
i missed it, was it a clanger?

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 07:19 PM
i missed it, was it a clanger?

Arm in the face to Busquets. Barely any contact but straight red.

Motta got pissed off with Busquets diving and put him in a headlock afterwards. Well not quite a headlock but something like that.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fYEk_eeLk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9bGmHnO6M8&feature=player_embedded

and the original...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw&feature=player_embedded

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:30 PM
WHAT A GOAL FROM THE CB! hopefully Inter hold on, but it is going to be a fantastic end to what has been a terrible game IMO.

AlexOC
28-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Onside.

Great skill.

Calm finish.

Shame he used to be a rag.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:32 PM
not a very good one, mind

AlexOC
28-04-2010, 08:36 PM
OMG OMG THE DRAMA

Barca score!!! But ** given for hand ball, ball 2 hand anyways.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Barca should have gone through, goal was a goal. But Inter played well too. Barca could end up from 6 trophies in 1 year to 0 the next.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Justice.

Inter shouldn't have been down to 10 men and Barca shouldn't have made the final last year.

I don't like the way Mourinho's teams play but there's no doubt the guy is a genious- makes me realise how much the PL misses him.

Geraint
28-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Inter were lucky lucky lucky but again the plaudits will go to Mourinho.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:44 PM
are out.

tonight, inter milan have proved, as did chelsea last year but for them to have it cruelly snatched away from them with a single piece of brilliance, that having the best player in the world does not give you the right to be labelled 'the best team in the world'. both chelsea and inter have proven in the last two years that beauty can be beaten, the beast always comes out on top, some of you may not like it, but this is football, its not all about tippy tapping around and cute little passes, football is a mans game, and the physical game is the way to win.

i would even raise the point that messi is not the best player in the world, but thats besides the point and it is not what i am getting at.

well done inter, hope they go onto win it, i then hope jose comes back to england, please. :)

Threads merged by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator)

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Justice.

Inter shouldn't have been down to 10 men and Barca shouldn't have made the final last year.

Wasn't a red card. Was a yellow card. He was already booked. Would have been a red anyway. Besides he put him in a headlock anyway. Deserved to get sent off.

And tbh they got to the final fairly. They didn't cheat and yes they left it late but oh well, that happens.

Inter played well and defended well and I think they'll go and win it now.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 08:46 PM
eee 2 threads makes it confusing

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:48 PM
just giving my opinion on barcelona, separate from the other thread, just because they have 'the best' player in the world doesn't make them 'the best team' in the world, you get me?

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Wasn't a red card. Was a yellow card. He was already booked. Would have been a red anyway. Besides he put him in a headlock anyway. Deserved to get sent off.

And tbh they got to the final fairly. They didn't cheat and yes they left it late but oh well, that happens.

The reaction was awful and that was enough for me to warrant my opinion.

Adamm
28-04-2010, 08:50 PM
why not post in other fred?

i said inter would win it at the round of 16 anyway. everyone saying barce are unbeatable are just naive.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 08:50 PM
The reaction was awful and that was enough for me to warrant my opinion.

Fair enough, the actual foul wasn't a straight red I agree but I still think that at the end of they day it was a sending off, two yellows or headlock but yeah just my opinion.

Mourinho annoys me at times I have to say.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:52 PM
i agree, no one is unbeatable. messi was no where to be seen tonight, raising questions, why is he labelled the best in the world? why on earth should he be when ever he faces a GOOD defense, e.g. inter, chelsea, he does not deliver? yes he scored vs united in the final but that's a once in a life time, how many times does he score with his head? not much

i would like to keep this thread separate from the other :P

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:53 PM
he's as arrogant as anything anyone has ever seen before, that's what makes him fascinating, theres never a quiet place when he is around.

Adamm
28-04-2010, 08:54 PM
he's still the best in the world, haha.

Matthew
28-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Mourinho was the best for interviews it has to be said...

he is fed up with Italy because the media, basically, dont care, and Mourinho isnt getting the attention he craves xD
i hope he comes back to england though.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 08:55 PM
maybe, but only so because of the lack of competition? don't you think? he's certainly NOT the best of all time and will not be for a long time...

a picture that describes barcelona in a nut shell:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4481/a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3.gif

alexxxxx
28-04-2010, 08:56 PM
i don't think their second goal should have stood because although it was ball to hand, it did result in a big advantage to barca.

Adamm
28-04-2010, 08:56 PM
i HATE that itv presenter.

Snowing
28-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Bloody hell, you can't have a couple of off games?! Unlucky Messi a lad on HxF says you ain't the best at the momment

Snowing
28-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Jose does it to protect his players

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not multiple post within the 15 minute edit time

CHA!NGANG
I don't mind his arrogance as such but sometimes he does things which aren't needed at all and doesn't think of the consequences. I remember a few years ago when he threw two Winners medals into the crowd. They're meant to be something that's worth a lot to a club and the players/staff and he threw it away like it meant nothing to him. (I know he threw it into the crowd but it still should mean something).

StefanWolves
i've always maintained that i didn't think he isn't the best, but maybe he is only considered the best because of the lack of competition this year.

btw, it wasn't a 'a couple of off games', he was tactically removed from both games.

*REMOVED* so shoot me for having an opinion, please! :)

Edited by Oli (Assistant Forum Manager): Please don't post private content/details of other members.

JackBuddy
what's the point in talking about the same thing in 2 different threads lol?

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 09:00 PM
cause i'm raising the point that because barca have the 'best player' doesn't mean that they're the 'best team' :P

Browney
28-04-2010, 09:03 PM

I dont get that rule. You can hold a guy off with your hand or even tussle for possesion, but a few inches make the difference between standard tussling and a straight red? Needs to be reviewed that barely touching the face warrants a red or even yellow. If he thrashed an elbow, sure I'd agree. He only put him in a "headlock" because he was sent off.

Snowing
28-04-2010, 09:04 PM
i've always maintained that i didn't think he isn't the best, but maybe he is only considered the best because of the lack of competition this year.

btw, it wasn't a 'a couple of off games', he was tactically removed from both games.

so shoot me for having an opinion, please! :)
Removed by Jose, jose.

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 09:05 PM
nope, removed by the players :)

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 09:06 PM
maybe, but only so because of the lack of competition? don't you think? he's certainly NOT the best of all time and will not be for a long time...

a picture that describes barcelona in a nut shell:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4481/a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3.gif

He tried very hard today and beat people a few times. Inter had 10 men behind the ball though, And Messi can't just run threw them all. He had two shots on target, one of them produced a great great save, and set up Bojan for the header which was a clanger.

I don't think he will ever be the best of all time either.

Also, don't see how you can say that because Barca have Messi it doesn't mean they are the best team ever.
They also have one of the best RB's in the world. A top class CB. The best passer in the world in Xavi. Iniesta. Ibra is also a top class player although he hasn't showed it recently.

Valdez, Pique, Henry and Toure aren't bad either...

Browney
28-04-2010, 09:08 PM
RB and CB are who? :S

StefanWolves
28-04-2010, 09:09 PM
i know that's what i mean, messi wouldn't be any if it weren't for his player, most notable xavi and iniesta, in my opinion they make messi what he is. i'm sure we will see that in the world cup. barcelona should only be considered 'the best team' if they have the best team, not the supposed best player.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I dont get that rule. You can hold a guy off with your hand or even tussle for possesion, but a few inches make the difference between standard tussling and a straight red? Needs to be reviewed that barely touching the face warrants a red or even yellow. If he thrashed an elbow, sure I'd agree. He only put him in a "headlock" because he was sent off.

Yeah I know he did that afterwards, but still you should never react like that. Anyone that has ever watched Barca know that Busquets is a terrible diver. Yeah it should be reviewed I think too, the touch itself was barely anything but then again, he did touch his face and pushed him away which although wasn't a red card probably, would have been a yellow by most refs I think.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 09:12 PM
He tried very hard today and beat people a few times. Inter had 10 men behind the ball though, And Messi can't just run threw them all. He had two shots on target, one of them produced a great great save, and set up Bojan for the header which was a clanger.

I don't think he will ever be the best of all time either.

Also, don't see how you can say that because Barca have Messi it doesn't mean they are the best team ever.
They also have one of the best RB's in the world. A top class CB. The best passer in the world in Xavi. Iniesta. Ibra is also a top class player although he hasn't showed it recently.

Valdez, Pique, Henry and Toure aren't bad either...
I don't blame Inter though. Barca brought them down to 10 men and they had a 2 goal lead to slip.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 09:13 PM
RB and CB are who? :S

Dani Alves and Puyol. Yes I know people will disagree but Alves is a very very good RB, although it wasn't shown much today, and Puyol reads the game better than almost anyone around.

EDIT: I Don't blame Inter either. Was a good tactic and very well executed by Inter.

Oh and Stefan, aren't you basically proving yourself wrong? You're saying Barca aren't the best team in the world just because they have Messi, and then you say they have Xavi and Iniesta too who help Messi. That's 3 world class players, not just Messi..

Browney
28-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Alves has always been poor when I've seen him. People think pace on a RB is everything... And Puyol... *chortle.* He's off to Newcastle next season anyway. ENOUGH YOUR FOREIGN FAN-BOY-DOM. ;)

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Alves has always been poor when I've seen him. People think pace on a RB is everything... And Puyol... *chortle.* He's off to Newcastle next season anyway. ENOUGH YOUR FOREIGN FAN-BOY-DOM. ;)

Alves has more than just pace. He is a great RB tbh, I don't like him myself but I can see that from the majority of games I see him in. As for Puyol, he doesn't have a lot of what he used to but he still reads the game amazingly well, and his tackling is also right up there.

Smits
28-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Messi is the best player in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdxs5683p0

Arron
28-04-2010, 09:47 PM
lol@Jose what a legend.

Smits
28-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't mind his arrogance as such but sometimes he does things which aren't needed at all and doesn't think of the consequences. I remember a few years ago when he threw two Winners medals into the crowd. They're meant to be something that's worth a lot to a club and the players/staff and he threw it away like it meant nothing to him. (I know he threw it into the crowd but it still should mean something).

He'd been given two if i remember correctly

Geraint
28-04-2010, 10:06 PM
you can see why he was sent off. who in their right mind, when on a yellow card already, sticks their hand out like that. bojan should have scored and the second was never handball although you could argue that inter stopped and the keeper didnt dive. doubt he was saving that anyway.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/hxf_site/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG http://www.habboxforum.com/images/hxf_site/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=6432838#post6432838)

He'd been given two if i remember correctly

Yeah I remember he got two but I thought he threw the first one into the crowd. Got another one given to him, then threw that one into the crowd.

Could be wrong, my memory isn't great :P

Smits
28-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah I remember he got two but I thought he threw the first one into the crowd. Got another one given to him, then threw that one into the crowd.

Could be wrong, my memory isn't great :P

Yeah i think you might be right.

He loves the fans though, you could see that tonight.

CHA!NGANG
28-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah i think you might be right.

He loves the fans though, you could see that tonight.

Oh yeah no doubt about it and that's fair enough but something which should be treasured when you win it and something you work hard for shouldn't just be chucked away I think but that's just my opinion.

Just looked at the Skysports player ratings. I find it wierd that it's meant to be the ratings for the game just played, which Barca won, yet the Inter ratings are a lot higher. They do the same thing for every two legged game where the team wins on agg but not on the night.

JackBuddy
28-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh yeah no doubt about it and that's fair enough but something which should be treasured when you win it and something you work hard for shouldn't just be chucked away I think but that's just my opinion.

Just looked at the Skysports player ratings. I find it wierd that it's meant to be the ratings for the game just played, which Barca won, yet the Inter ratings are a lot higher. They do the same thing for every two legged game where the team wins on agg but not on the night.
Inter had a job to defend the lead from the first minute and they did it brilliantly.

Barca were poor, they do exactly what Spurs do in which they struggle to break down teams to park the bus. I think the match has shown a lot of weaknesses regarding how barca play.

It was literally CB to somebody on the wing, back to CB back to somebody on the wing and so on. They weren't going anywhere.

Browney
29-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Alves has more than just pace. He is a great RB tbh, I don't like him myself but I can see that from the majority of games I see him in. As for Puyol, he doesn't have a lot of what he used to but he still reads the game amazingly well, and his tackling is also right up there.

And he showed his brilliance yesterday how? I remember him SWP-ing a couple of times. Just running into people and falling over. Then his crossing was poor. I'm astounded you think Puyol is one of the best in the world, I really am.

CHA!NGANG
29-04-2010, 05:11 PM
And he showed his brilliance yesterday how? I remember him SWP-ing a couple of times. Just running into people and falling over. Then his crossing was poor. I'm astounded you think Puyol is one of the best in the world, I really am.

I said above somewhere (I think I did anyway), that Alves didn't have a great game yesterday but neither did most there team.

I think Puyol is one of the best CB's at reading the game in the world. I don't think he is amazing in every defending department, but there are somethings which he does better than any other CB, and there are also things which he isn't so great at.

StefanWolves
29-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Puyol? one of the world's best defenders? I don't think he's get in the England squad - and I'm no fan of John Terry.

CHA!NGANG
29-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Puyol? one of the world's best defenders? I don't think he's get in the England squad - and I'm no fan of John Terry.

Well the Spain squad is better than the England squad, and he starts for them..

Like I said, he isn't great at everything and I didn't actually say he's one of the best CB's in the world, but at reading the game he is, and his tackling is right up there too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!