PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back Into WoW

J0SH
21-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I played before, got to level 27 then I just couldn't be bothered, grinding was so long and boring as I had no one to speak to and it was pretty much just me as a low level so yeah.

I'm going to re-join and roll a few characters with my friends, so we'll be leveling together and speaking on mic the whole time so hopefully I don't get bored this time.

If I buy the latest expansion would I be set? Or do I need to buy the previous ones too?

DPS
21-04-2010, 11:35 AM
You need:

World of Warcraft - Brown Case
World of Warcraft "The Burning Crusade" Green Case
World of Warcraft "Wrath of the Lich King" Blue/White Case

I made 2 lvl 80's within a month, Chars are to easy to level now days. If you're ganna play with a friend do recruit a friend... atleast you get get x3 xp ect.

TehJoshy
21-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Personally if your starting over i recamend getting a battlechest which contains the Original and the first expansion.
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3496174/World-Of-Warcraft-Battle-Chest/Product.html (£12.99 - Bargain!)
Then you can pick up WoTLK for about £10-£15

J0SH
22-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah I bought the battle chest before :) Just now I'd need a new serial and such as I can't get my old account back, haha. Oh well.

Thanks for the link :D

Danzilla
22-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Remember the days in Goldshire with Will : o

J0SH
25-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I've almost dinged 14, hoping for a mount by the end of the night or by tomorrow.

We've had some kind fellows invite us to a guild, we're going to see if they can run us through a few instances and we may do dungeons when we're level 15 ish.

Haha yeah Dan, good times. Shame Kilrogg is pretty much dead now, logged on yesterday to check on my hunter, was going to buy a mount to waste my gold and Niamh was on his priest. I couldn't find my way to Darnassus (sp?) lmao.

I play Silvermoon EU now, horde mage. I'm going frost with my talent points.

Wig44.
25-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Remember the days in Goldshire with Will : o

:'( :'( :'(

I'll probably be back for cataclysm, will love the revamped azeroth zones.

DPS
25-04-2010, 03:39 PM
same with me ill be back for cataclysm, deleted wow from my comp aswell, i dont wanna waste my time on it, till cataclysm

Danzilla
25-04-2010, 04:19 PM
:'( :'( :'(

I'll probably be back for cataclysm, will love the revamped azeroth zones.

Samesamesame, im going to be really busy for the new couple of months, starting up my business aha! So when i haven't got so much work ill start playing.
But Will wanna do RAF with me as ill be buying a new account, your have to explain how it works though, i still cant get my head round it.

same with me ill be back for cataclysm, deleted wow from my comp aswell, i dont wanna waste my time on it, till cataclysm

Ohmygod, are you the Jord i know? ;o

J0SH
26-04-2010, 01:32 AM
That's not my brother Jord, but that Jord lives in east London too haha.

I dinged level 20 on my Belf Mage. I can't even remember the name of the mount, we've been doing some instances for grinding as most of the quests are like "get 3 x" "get 10 x" and we're in a group of 5, and even if the loot is set to group or free, I'm always the last one to get everything. It's annoying haha.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3985/wowscrnshot042610013714.jpg

Which before took me 4 months took me about two days, I think I know what I'm doing now and I'm not wasting talent points on stupid things, I'm mostly getting frost things and arcane.

Half way to level 21, I'm off to bed now though. Hopefully by the time you guys rejoin I'll be an 80 lol, even though we won't be on the same server.

My friend wanted us to roll on Silvermoon EU, some nice guys let us in their guild. It's mostly ran by Alliance though, I think 95% is Alliance, so we get a big advantage in PvP. May do a Realm change if this one turns out to be dead for Horde for raids etc. Shame my friend had an Ally on this server and that's probably why he bums it so much.

Yes Dan & Will rejoin, we need to teabag!

Danzilla
26-04-2010, 01:46 PM
That's not my brother Jord, but that Jord lives in east London too haha.

I dinged level 20 on my Belf Mage. I can't even remember the name of the mount, we've been doing some instances for grinding as most of the quests are like "get 3 x" "get 10 x" and we're in a group of 5, and even if the loot is set to group or free, I'm always the last one to get everything. It's annoying haha.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3985/wowscrnshot042610013714.jpg

Which before took me 4 months took me about two days, I think I know what I'm doing now and I'm not wasting talent points on stupid things, I'm mostly getting frost things and arcane.

Half way to level 21, I'm off to bed now though. Hopefully by the time you guys rejoin I'll be an 80 lol, even though we won't be on the same server.

My friend wanted us to roll on Silvermoon EU, some nice guys let us in their guild. It's mostly ran by Alliance though, I think 95% is Alliance, so we get a big advantage in PvP. May do a Realm change if this one turns out to be dead for Horde for raids etc. Shame my friend had an Ally on this server and that's probably why he bums it so much.

Yes Dan & Will rejoin, we need to teabag!

Ohh i thought it was aha, yeah i deffo will, as long as your and Will are playing i will enjoy it playing again. ;D
Does your brother still play on the account i gave him? If not could i buy off him/ he give it to me, then i might get sub and play now, i wont be on it much atm though as im mega busy.

Aha i think iv still got some of the pictures of that somewhere lol!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/daz951/jmn.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/daz951/baileh.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/daz951/nnoob.jpg

Bailey
26-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Those shoulders were the sex

Nemo
26-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Ohh i thought it was aha, yeah i deffo will, as long as your and Will are playing i will enjoy it playing again. ;D
Does your brother still play on the account i gave him? If not could i buy off him/ he give it to me, then i might get sub and play now, i wont be on it much atm though as im mega busy.

Aha i think iv still got some of the pictures of that somewhere lol!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/daz951/jmn.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/daz951/nnoob.jpgHey i just started my priest again, still got that awful name! Old times idd.

Danzilla
27-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Those shoulders were the sex

Aha, i remember grinding like a ***** to get them, at the time they where so worth it too.

Hey i just started my priest again, still got that awful name! Old times idd.

Is your priest still on gayrogg and i saw loads of pics on my photobucket of when we used to play luls. They must be like 2years old now or more.

J0SH
27-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Lol dinged level 21.

Anyone know any addons similar to Cartographer? I don't think they update that anymore or theres errors or something. I wanna set way points and see level areas and stuff, so I get a rough idea of where to quest/grind.

J0SH
27-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm re-rolling on Dragonblight. I've got a friend there that's alliance he's going to boost me and a few mates tonight he reckons we can hit 20 by tonight so that'll be the mount, and that's practically where I'm at on my Horde character I'll still level both, but to be honest Silvermoon is very dead on the Horde side, so I may realm change when I get that to 80. It's like 80% Alliance ;\ I can't find nothing in the AH.

So, I'm going mage again I think. We're going Human I think so I'ma go Warlock.

J0SH
27-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Right I've stopped leveling that character, I'm not going to level another account until I'm like level 80, then I might just make a cute little gnome DK or something. So, I dinged 23. Hoping to get to 25+ tomorrow. We're leveling in Hillsbrad Foothills, is that an alright area? We done Stockades so I could get the ding so I can go bed and now I'm just resting.

I'm feeling the frost mage, at the moment my talent points are all on frost. Should I put some on Arcane? I don't think it'll really help as I'm only really using frost spellz.

Peace.

J0SH
28-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Dinged 23 last night, now I get new spells in about 22k exp. I'm just waiting for my mate to get up, as we quest in a group of 4-5. I guess we'll stop this when we get to level 50 odd, we're just doing it really as we've got a newb with us, we wanna show him the game and such, let him learn it a bit before we go off and quest on our own.

Anyone know a good addon similar to Cartographer? (R.I.P.) I just wanna know level zones really, just so I know where to grind/quest when everyone else is offline. I've got TomTom but I don't know how to set a waypoint to a certain place, anyone help me out? :P

I should really do this little update thread elsewhere, this forum is pretty much dead lol.

rnix
28-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Questhelper + Cartographer + TomTom is what i have.
You can set waypoints using cartographer and stuff.
It's what i use (:

Danzilla
28-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay iv got my account back with a month and a week sub, its not my banned one but hey
Whos still on kilrogg then? My name is Típp

J0SH
29-04-2010, 01:31 AM
I dinged level 25, I love this new dungeon thing, it puts people from other realms into your little group, it's so good if you need gear because you always find someone fairly quick and it'll be balanced, you're always have a healer etc.

Dan I think you need to go Silvermoon EU, it's a bit dead on the Horde side but there's free transfers so it'll be busyish soon hopefully. I suppose it's good, I went to a high populated server the other day to try roll Alliance to play with my mate on Xbox and they kept killing people you hand the quests into, was gay haha.

I'm too scared to get Cartographer, I used to use it to see level zones & such but I don't think they update it or fix bugs anymore, they've abandoned it?

Danzilla
29-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I just finished installing all the patches ect. and finally got on, its changed so much aha.
Has Kilrogg alliance died or something? I was in stormwind and saw 2 people in the space of like 20mins and it used to be paaccckked all hours of the day.

rnix
29-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm too scared to get Cartographer, I used to use it to see level zones & such but I don't think they update it or fix bugs anymore, they've abandoned it?

I use it all the time and its decent. I have not experienced problems with it. I think it might fall down at the next update but hopefully not (yn) :)

J0SH
29-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know the addon to change the map in your top right? I always see people have a blue glow round theirs and stuff

rnix
29-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know the addon to change the map in your top right? I always see people have a blue glow round theirs and stuff

If you mean like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/149xxc0.jpg
then thats SexyMap
x

J0SH
29-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Axel
30-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Dan I think you need to go Silvermoon EU, it's a bit dead on the Horde side but there's free transfers so it'll be busyish soon hopefully.

It won't be. Servers like Silvermoon are way unbalanced in Horde to Alliance ratio, which is awful. Silvermoon has so many Alliance, that rolling Horde means it's hard to find a decent guild and stuff like that. The free realm transfers fool some people into transferring, but it'll still remain dead. I transferred my gnome warlock from kilrogg to alliance side on maghtheridon, such a huge mistake. At peaks hours, there's like 10 level 80s in dalaran or something, and only a couple in major cities.

Bailey
30-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I just finished installing all the patches ect. and finally got on, its changed so much aha.
Has Kilrogg alliance died or something? I was in stormwind and saw 2 people in the space of like 20mins and it used to be paaccckked all hours of the day.

I went horde and xferred, nemo went horde, youheard/charles xferred.

Don't think anyone is left O.o

Wig44.
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I went horde and xferred, nemo went horde, youheard/charles xferred.

Don't think anyone is left O.o

With the exception of barbarians, the guilds on there are crappy anyway.

Bailey
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
With the exception of barbarians, the guilds on there are crappy anyway.

Pretty much, if you check wowprogress Anarchy were QQing because Vari xferred to Underdogs and updated the progress so it looked like they'ld killed professor :>

J0SH
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Luckily when I was questing down Tranquillen we found some legend he invited us to his guild, there's about 30 members if we ever need help with anyone, I dinged 27. We've been grinding dungeons for gear and I think we're going back to questing tonight.

I might be doing a realm change when I get to 80 if this realm remains dead.

J0SH
02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
26k off 30. I'ma be grinding instances then I'll have a new area to quest in, I'm not sure where we're going as we're questing in a group and my friend has a few 80s. He's the "leader" just so we learn the game a bit, when I roll my next character I'm gonna leave on my own. And no RAF as that's cheap, even though the game isn't about leveling up. :P

J0SH
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Anyone give me tips to leveling as a lone wolf? I mean for when I roll my second character, or I might roll an Ally to play on while everyone's offline. I know Ally leveling places upto about level 30. But are there any tips? I mean we're doing it as a group so we need to share exp from the grinds and stuff, we've almost hit level 30 after about 30 hours played, but on my own would it be easy? I know I'll pull one mob at a time and stuff but I'm just worried haha.

Any good addon/website that tells me leveling zones etc so I get a brief idea where to quest/grind?

Danzilla
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Roll with me on kilrogg, ill help you ;D

Bailey
03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Anyone give me tips to leveling as a lone wolf? I mean for when I roll my second character, or I might roll an Ally to play on while everyone's offline. I know Ally leveling places upto about level 30. But are there any tips? I mean we're doing it as a group so we need to share exp from the grinds and stuff, we've almost hit level 30 after about 30 hours played, but on my own would it be easy? I know I'll pull one mob at a time and stuff but I'm just worried haha.

Any good addon/website that tells me leveling zones etc so I get a brief idea where to quest/grind?

wow-pro has a free levelling addon that has walkthroughs from 1-80, try it :)

J0SH
07-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Ding 32, I've got about 20k to go till 33. Then I've got a nice little off hand that'll help with my spells :P

I wish I weren't leveling in a group, I'd level so much faster as I wouldn't need to share XP on the grinds. Plus, we only get to level when we're all awake.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!