PDA

View Full Version : Explosion on Bond Street

Cheryl
22-04-2010, 08:04 PM
been a [minor] explosion, caused by a bomb, electrical fault or gas leak, unconfirmed, but hundreds of tweets coming in throughtout last 5 minutes, Bond Street station partially shut, POLICE have still not confirmed

Rapidshare
22-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Pictures here

first ones!!

http://tweetphoto.com/19484104

http://twitpic.com/1hkw2v

The London Fire Brigade on Thursday said a small explosion on Oxford Street caused some closures nearby but no injuries.

A fire brigade spokesman described it as a small electrical explosion, but stressed it was a minor incident. “It’s being blown out of proportions,” he said.

Thousands of people on the social networking website Twitter ‘tweeted‘ about the incident, fearing a bomb blast during Thursday’s political debate.

LONDON, England- A small explosion has hit a shopping mall on Oxford Street in the British capital.

The small electrical explosion took place near Bond Street station in London’s West End and police had cornered off the area.

A Londoner on Twitter said: “Have just cycled down Oxford street and has been some sort of explosion at Foot Locket near Bond Street tube.”

StefanWolves
22-04-2010, 08:18 PM
oh ****, would make sense if it was terrorism seeing as though its the leaders debate right now...

Wig44.
23-04-2010, 04:25 PM
You think that someone would plant a pathetically small bomb outside of footlocker because there are prime ministerial debates? I don't think so.

BeanEgg
23-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you honestly believe this has got to do with the debate? LOOOOL!

Look at the damage it did. - Even the glass didn't shatter..

Smits
23-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Not terrorism. I dont think so anyway, definately nothing to do with the debates.

StefanWolves
23-04-2010, 10:11 PM
~Well I obviously thought it was more serious, but it wasn't, so sue me :S

Adamm
26-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I blame Labour.

Jahova
26-04-2010, 03:05 PM
gas ovo

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!