PDA

View Full Version : Recording with Fraps

Scania
24-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Guys

Coming here as a last resort really.. I'm trying to record videos with my machine, however when I hit the record button with fraps, my frames drop from over 100 to 20 and the games (Flight Simulator, rFactor etc) stutter really badly.

Now I have a friend with the exact same spec machine as mine and he has no issues recording, and I've got him to run through all his settings with me with his graphics card and the actual game settings and nothing seems to help. I've tried installing Fraps to a secondary drive and trying again but nothing seems to work.

I've even tried a full system restore and recording with nothing in the system at all.

Any ideas?

Vista Home Premium x64
4GB RAM
AMG Phenom 8450 Triple Core @ 2.1GhZ
750GB HD

Delatory
24-04-2010, 08:59 PM
If the game has a built in record as some games do (hl2 based games definately), record with that first then do a record of the recording. Allows you to play the game at almost full fps

Scania
24-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Well rFactor does replays and you can then access the replay fridge and record from there however that doesn't really do much for it either.

Luke
24-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Try creating a separate partition/using another HDD, and set it to export the videos there.

xxMATTGxx
24-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey Guys

Coming here as a last resort really.. I'm trying to record videos with my machine, however when I hit the record button with fraps, my frames drop from over 100 to 20 and the games (Flight Simulator, rFactor etc) stutter really badly.

Now I have a friend with the exact same spec machine as mine and he has no issues recording, and I've got him to run through all his settings with me with his graphics card and the actual game settings and nothing seems to help. I've tried installing Fraps to a secondary drive and trying again but nothing seems to work.

I've even tried a full system restore and recording with nothing in the system at all.

Any ideas?

Vista Home Premium x64
4GB RAM
AMG Phenom 8450 Triple Core @ 2.1GhZ
750GB HD

Try creating a separate partition/using another HDD, and set it to export the videos there.

I'm sure he mentioned he tried doing something like that...

Recursion
24-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Slow HDD speed?

Latest gfx/mobo drivers?

Is he using Vista, his version of Windows could be better for recording.

Tried a different recorder? (Forgot the name of other game recorders so Google 'em)

Do you have VSYNC or anything enabled?

Differet FRAPS version?

Just because machines are the same specs doesn't mean they will perform in exactly the same ways too

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!