PDA

View Full Version : Just been accepted a 1bedroom flat : )

votelabour
27-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Just been accepted a 1bedroom flat after 3 months of bidding, and a just under a year of living on my own. Ah so pleased : ) And its not in tower blocks !

IceNineKills
27-04-2010, 10:20 AM
My first flat was in a tower block and it was bloody annoying, I was on the 11th floor and the elevator never worked, walking those stairs when pissed was a nightmare, many of times i just fell asleep half way up.

It's much better now, living just above a shop with only 1 flight of stairs to walk up but well done :).

votelabour
27-04-2010, 10:26 AM
My first flat was in a tower block and it was bloody annoying, I was on the 11th floor and the elevator never worked, walking those stairs when pissed was a nightmare, many of times i just fell asleep half way up.

It's much better now, living just above a shop with only 1 flight of stairs to walk up but well done :).

Thanks dude and that what I was dreading :P The area the flats in is a private bango, private parking, private cctv, so its all worked out pretty sweet :P :)

Papershop
27-04-2010, 10:26 AM

Your post makes no sense.

Have you bought this flat? rent? or council?

votelabour
27-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Council bidding.

Papershop
27-04-2010, 10:35 AM
you have to bid to get a council house these days?

votelabour
27-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Not with cash, its a bidding register (like points)

Papershop
27-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Not with cash, its a bidding register (like points)

so for example if im a single mam i might get 60 points, which beats the man who got just needs a flat who say may get 10 points?

Catzsy
27-04-2010, 04:06 PM
That is great news. I hope you will settle in really well in your new home. :)

Sharon
27-04-2010, 07:04 PM
so for example if im a single mam i might get 60 points, which beats the man who got just needs a flat who say may get 10 points?

I think sort of collect points say every year so many points and the amount of points you get determines the size of the house etc. but then theres the waiting list.

syko2006
27-04-2010, 07:47 PM

I find it makes plenty of sense.

Congratulations! You must be looking forward to moving in! :D

MrGazet
28-04-2010, 09:45 AM
grats :)

have a good life

Papershop
28-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I find it makes plenty of sense.

Congratulations! You must be looking forward to moving in! :D

Well then you must be his brother. Theres random "a"s all over the place, and it doesnt read correctly. For example, its should be, "Just accepted a 1 bedroom flat".

votelabour
28-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Well then you must be his brother. Theres random "a"s all over the place, and it doesnt read correctly. For example, its should be, "Just accepted a 1 bedroom flat".

Gosh, arn't you the clever one, put you're clawls away darling.

LouisCollins
28-04-2010, 09:15 PM
You must be from Reading because i have to do the same crap, But hey i just went a private rented in the end

xxMATTGxx
28-04-2010, 10:41 PM
You must be from Reading because i have to do the same crap, But hey i just went a private rented in the end

I think most places have this so called point system for council houses. I know my local council has something very similar!

Anyway, congrats and I bet you can't wait to get in and set it all up like you want it. :D

Richie
29-04-2010, 12:46 AM
sounds gd hope ya like it

Danzilla
29-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Oh congrats ;D
I moved out at the start of the year with a couple of mates and my girlfriend into a small house, its kind of a shock at first living so independently but i love it.

Madox
01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Gosh, it dosent work on a points, it works on Bands A B C D, depeding on your criterai for example, a person in Band A will be either Cirvearly Disabled, Living in life threating conditions, Pregant, And a perosn in Band D for example would be a 16 Yo child who has Just decided they dont want to live at home anymore, but they have a place to stay. The person rings the hotline and use the ID and bids on a house, most houses get an average of about 30 bids a day, the council review the person files etc, the consider how long they have been looking there condtions etc to decied who gets the house. Simple, dont ask me how i know i done work experince with my local housing team.

Neil
02-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Gosh, it dosent work on a points, it works on Bands A B C D, depeding on your criterai for example, a person in Band A will be either Cirvearly Disabled, Living in life threating conditions, Pregant, And a perosn in Band D for example would be a 16 Yo child who has Just decided they dont want to live at home anymore, but they have a place to stay. The person rings the hotline and use the ID and bids on a house, most houses get an average of about 30 bids a day, the council review the person files etc, the consider how long they have been looking there condtions etc to decied who gets the house. Simple, dont ask me how i know i done work experince with my local housing team.

Must be different where you live because it's points here, the more points you have the bigger place you can get, if you have a kid you get to skip ahead the queue, the longer you go without getting a flat or whatever the more points you get and the better the house they'll give you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!