PDA

View Full Version : New CoD Announced with leakage of new website.

Camy
30-04-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/

Yeah, aparently this got leaked today, or the website designer got a bit excited and put the website online too early.
Its going to be called - CoD: Black Ops and is scheduled for a 9th of November release.

matt$
30-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Hm, they didnt take long for another release, maybe a bit too fast? could lead to poor quality game tbh.

Oleh
30-04-2010, 04:41 PM
are you joking? the games always come out in 1 year intervals

samsaBEAR
30-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Hm, they didnt take long for another release, maybe a bit too fast? could lead to poor quality game tbh.
this is made by a different studio

Ardemax
30-04-2010, 05:14 PM
@Nazi

theyve been working on it 2years+ ???

matt$
30-04-2010, 05:19 PM
this is made by a different studio

@Nazi

theyve been working on it 2years+ ???

Fair enough i didnt know it was a different studio and that they've been working on it for 2 years, guess my comment was preteh **** then lols.

dbgtz
30-04-2010, 05:31 PM
And the fact they use the same engine pretty much so its much quicker :L
I wonder what are the main factions and if multiplayer will be different. Zombies again? More detailed and get-to-know characters campaign? Or more of a shoot to kill game with no emotion until the end? That's why I liked MW2 single player and hopefully they will go into more depth this time being it seems to be more fictional.

Fez
30-04-2010, 06:39 PM
From a GAME UK listing, the locations include: Cuba, the Arctic and VIETNAM.

It's set between the 70s and late 90s I think.

God this has so much potential.

dbgtz
30-04-2010, 07:00 PM
It has potential but will they pull it off.

samsaBEAR
30-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Fair enough i didnt know it was a different studio and that they've been working on it for 2 years, guess my comment was preteh **** then lols.
Haha fair play, Treyarch (who made World At War) and Infinty Ward alternate making a new CoD each year.

I wonder what are the main factions and if multiplayer will be different. Zombies again? More detailed and get-to-know characters campaign? Or more of a shoot to kill game with no emotion until the end? That's why I liked MW2 single player and hopefully they will go into more depth this time being it seems to be more fictional.
I definitely hope the zombies come back, but this time more in depth. Like in W@W it seemed more tacked on, to see if people liked it, but now, after seeing so many people loving it, I think it would be awesome to see it more detailed with added features. I agree with the shoot to kill campaign 100%, I loved killing people in cold blood and loved the sadness I felt when Ghost+Roach get killed (/gay)

Neil
30-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Factions will likely be British, US, "Cubans" and a good portion of Asia I expect, probably some Russians as well.

Multiplayer will be exactly the same but hopefully they remove perks this time. >.<

No zombies, black ops, think spec-ops but more badass.

The game has a Vietnam setting apparently so, shoot to kill will certainly be the direction we'll see again, possibly some story as well though.

Either way - Pre-order for me, need to keep my collection complete.

Fez
30-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I hope for more mission variety. Shoot to kill is fun and the odd Sniper mission is a blast.

I really liked the AC-130 mission in COD4 and Black Cats on World at War was amazing.

dbgtz
30-04-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm hoping for some good stealth ones, theyre ma fave.

Chris
30-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Im sure zombies will return after the success it had in waw.

Neil
30-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Im sure zombies will return after the success it had in waw.

I god hope not, zombies was boring. >.<

samsaBEAR
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Factions will likely be British, US, "Cubans" and a good portion of Asia I expect, probably some Russians as well.

Multiplayer will be exactly the same but hopefully they remove perks this time. >.<

No zombies, black ops, think spec-ops but more badass.

The game has a Vietnam setting apparently so, shoot to kill will certainly be the direction we'll see again, possibly some story as well though.

Either way - Pre-order for me, need to keep my collection complete.
I very much doubt they'll take out perks. A lot of people prefer CoD to other FPS games because you can have all these perk combinations and what not, it's certainly one of the main reasons why I like CoD. I hope Treyarch add some new and interesting ones, and try to stear clear of useless ones like Scrambler.

Neil
01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
I very much doubt they'll take out perks. A lot of people prefer CoD to other FPS games because you can have all these perk combinations and what not, it's certainly one of the main reasons why I like CoD. I hope Treyarch add some new and interesting ones, and try to stear clear of useless ones like Scrambler.

Yea I don't expect them to remove perks to be honest, I'm just hopeful because they've ruined the amazing game CoD2 was. >.<

dbgtz
01-05-2010, 07:34 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-call-of/64932
new trailer looks quite cool.

ItsDave
01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Activision suck.

Firehorse
02-05-2010, 12:56 PM
This website isn't "leaked". If they didn't intend to let people start knowing about it then it wouldn't be online and the trailer wouldn't have been released.

Callum.
02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
won't be getting this one. wanna focus on a2 next year.

Ardemax
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
hoping they remove prestige mods, heartbeat sensors, tactical insertions and noob tube attachments.

if they do that then this could be the most successful cod ever

Oleh
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Maybe they could just incorporate an infinate level system? with say cap the level at 50 with the xp needed for 10th 70 then when a map pack gets released pump that to 100with xp need for 2x 10th 70 and so on, aswell in the map packs incorporate unlocks and stuff to go alongside these new levels

Also they should add a theater mode to view 10 of your previous matches fully and capture the golden moments and upload them directly to youtube in 720p

ItsDave
03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Also they should add a theater mode to view 10 of your previous matches fully and capture the golden moments and upload them directly to youtube in 720p

Not like you're being specific or anything lol.

samsaBEAR
04-05-2010, 12:45 AM
A theatre mode would be pretty cool, I like saving awesome/funny Halo 3 clips if I get any, so something like this on Black Ops would be nice. What I'd really like, and I'm sure it'll happen because Treyarch did it with W@W, is an online stat checker. I loved the one for W@W, and it's just a little feature that can be really interesting

Chris
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes a theater mode would be awesome. Hopefully this game wont be over hyped and fail.

dbgtz
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
i imagine there won't be a hbs in this one, if they do I would like to see how they incorporate it as the one now would look too scifi.

Joey-
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Treyarch > InfinityWard.
Just saying.
ot; this game is going to be amazing. And I doubt it'll be overhyped as most of the people I talk to, when referring to CoD, W@W was apparently **** because Treyarch made it and all they did was copy IW. Which, I of course disagree with, as Treyarch is an amazing company and they definitely don't need to copy IW. W@W was a great game, I personally loved it. Only thing I'd ask for would be the above mentioned theater feature, and maybe a few new game types. The current ones have been used too many times.

dbgtz
04-05-2010, 08:47 PM
infinity ward > treyarch
they make the engine
their stories are always better
theyre better imo

treyarch are one of those games companies that uses already made engines to make lots of games rather then focusing on one game, meaning their focus on each individual game won't be so much. You also have to think IWs games are like "testers" then treyarch can remove bad stuff if they wish and IW will in the next one. Juggernaut anyone? IW are better, it's just they can't remove a whole perk that's already in the game, or create a whole new system to detect campers or any bull like that. Campers aren't IWs fault, it's people who abuse the game because they're sad enough to care that much about k/d and crap enough so they have to camp to actually get kills.

Stryderman
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
wait i cba to read all tht.

Is this made by people who made cod mw or by cod waw?

dbgtz
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
cod waw

samsaBEAR
05-05-2010, 01:54 AM
A lot of people are counting on it being better than MW2, and although they may not have enjoyed W@W, they'll be pinning their hopes so much on Black Ops that it becomes hyped up a little bit.

Stryderman
05-05-2010, 02:16 AM
k so its gonna be better than mw cos they are crap

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!