PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer physical form factors?

marriott0.01
30-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Okay, we all know a lot of things are dying out now days and one of these are things such as MP3's, DVD's etc.. Any form of physical entertainment is slowly beginning to die out, games are now being delivered in new and exciting ways, music has services such as Pandora, Spotify, iTunes and Amazon MP3, not only that but movies also have services such as Viddler, Netflix and iTunes.

I was just wondering are you in favour of the dissolution of physical media or are you against it and have to have a physical copy of things?

Nixt
30-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I tend to prefer keeping music in digital format but films and TV series on a physical DVD format.

Martin
30-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I hardly ever get physical copies of music anymore, it's all digital! :D

However, with games and stuff I prefer to have a physical copy with the box and manual and thing, I don't really know why but I prefer to be able to see it I guess? xD Like I have a shelf with all my games and DVD's on, and it's a nice feature to the room I guess! :D I think I would probably end up deleting stuff by accident if it was all on the laptop. xD

Judas
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM
films have on dvd all the time no questionnn

with music if its just like one song that i want then i will buy the song from itunes or something, but if its an album of someone i really like i always but the physical cd cos i just like having them... but then i just put it on my laptop and listen to my ipod half the time anyway :P

FlyingJesus
01-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Most of my stuff's digital these days but I burn/borrow CDs for my car

Blinger$
01-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Most of my stuff's digital these days but I burn/borrow CDs for my car
its called an ipod/usb stick!

I prefer digital. I hate when i start to watch something on my PS3 (because i use that to watch films) and i get sick of a film, or cant decide on what to watch and have to get out of bed to change it all. :(

FlyingJesus
01-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Nah cba with an ipod in the car I don't want to have to flick through ALL my music to find something that sounds good on the road

Black_Apalachi
01-05-2010, 04:31 AM
To be honest I hardly have any actual CDs or DVDs. Don't think I've ever even purchased a DVD except maybe as a present for somebody else. I prefer the ease with digital, of having everything in one place to easily switch between things. In a perfect world I'd have my digital library but I'd also have a shelf of actual CDs which just never get touched. In the future I also look forward to gaming on a console with a vast hard-drive allowing games to be purchased online digitally to eliminate the process of switching discs. (Lazy? What of it?!) :P

Blinger$
01-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Nah cba with an ipod in the car I don't want to have to flick through ALL my music to find something that sounds good on the road
make a playlist!

I have a CD player which i haven't used, and back in march i still had a cassette player in the car...

Dan2nd
01-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I prefer digital music but prefer owning the physical DVD's or video games.

dbgtz
01-05-2010, 07:49 AM
physical for anything.

Anarchist
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
scratched CDs, misplaced DVDs, and I hate it when people don't put the DVD/CD back in it's original case. Then I have to go around looking in each box for the DVD/CD.

My family used to have over 200 DVDs and over 150 CDs (mostly bootlegged though). I've copied everything to our hard drives and just sold all the rest.

Definitely digital

GommeInc
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Games and so forth = solid DVD
Music = Usually digital, but some albums and artists I'd get physical versions e.g. Now albums.

Rozi
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I love having the physical CD because there's a sense of involvement you don't get with just buying it on itunes. It makes it so much more special and it makes me feel like I'm actually helping the artist and appreciating the music much more than if I just bought it from sitting on my bed and could instantly listen to it. Plus the anticipation you get on the journey from the shop to your CD player is just cool.

Wow I sound like a freak but it's true :( DVD's I don't really care about because I find it really hard to sit down and watch a film unless I'm in the cinema or with other people anyway.

And omg photos suck when they're just digital. I much prefer physical photos, even though it's so expensive >.<

Neversoft
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I like to keep my music in digital form but perfer to psycially own DVDs, books, video games and the like.

Tintinnabulate
01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
I tend to prefer keeping music in digital format but films and TV series on a physical DVD format.

I agree with him. Its just easier.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!