PDA

View Full Version : How would I..

Mr-Trainor
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
..add a page to a php script which will allow you to update a block of text (which will be echo'd onto the main site).

-hopefully you know what I mean :P

Mickword
02-05-2010, 12:42 PM
TBH Luke if I was you I would download housekeeping guy and strip it to where you can post all you like.

L?KE
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Do you mean, you can edit the text of the page without actually altering the code? i.e. it takes it form a database or text file.

Mr-Trainor
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Yea, just so you know..

the reason I'm wanting to do this is to allow a values manager to update a recent changes text (I want it manual, not automatic) from the panel itself rather than giving them cpanel access.

Apolva
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Sorry it's late, here's some bodge code :)

<?php
if($_POST['pw']=="passwordCaseSentitive"){
$fp = @fopen('message.js', 'w');
@fwrite($fp, "document.write('".htmlentities($_POST['message'],ENT_QUOTES)."');");
@fclose($fp);
die("<b>Message changed :)</b>");
}
die("<h1>Change message</h1><form method='post'><table><tr><td><b>Password:</b></td><td><input type='password' name='pw' /></td></tr><tr><td><b>Message:</b></td><td><input type='text' name='message' /></td></tr><tr><td></td><td><input type='submit' value='Set message' /></td></tr></table></form>");
?>
Save that as setmessage.php. It will create a file called message.js containing some JS code to show the message.

Use this code to display the message:
<script src='message.js'></script>To change the message, just open setmessage.php in a browser, type in password + message and it will change.

I haven't actually tested the code, let me know if you have any problems :)

Mr-Trainor
06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks, I'll try that out later/soon and let you know how it goes :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!