PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] My first alt

Volumise
02-05-2010, 11:00 PM

This is my first alt. I'm not good at shading yet so please forgive the top bit :P
It was supposed to be entered for the competition but I changed my mind xD

Any ways I could improve?

Con
03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
It looks nice for a first!
I would say, with the hair, use a lighter colour than pure black to show off the definition/shading in the hair,
With the top thing, if you want it all to look like one top then I would suggest you remove the lines which single out the top part of the top and continue the shading down the rest of it (if that makes sense) and use similar colours that make it all flow together?
For example, (hope you don't mind):
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lletlw.png

Meree.
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I quite like it, but I suggest trying what above said.

Other than that, good job. :)

Nicola
03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I really like it. I love the style of the hair but as said above maybe make it a little lighter to show off the shading better.

Nice work :)

Volumise
03-05-2010, 02:10 PM
It looks nice for a first!
I would say, with the hair, use a lighter colour than pure black to show off the definition/shading in the hair,
With the top thing, if you want it all to look like one top then I would suggest you remove the lines which single out the top part of the top and continue the shading down the rest of it (if that makes sense) and use similar colours that make it all flow together?
For example, (hope you don't mind):
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lletlw.png

I see what you mean about the top shading and I don't mind at all.
Thanks for the advice + help :)!

I quite like it, but I suggest trying what above said.

Other than that, good job. :)

I really like it. I love the style of the hair but as said above maybe make it a little lighter to show off the shading better.

Nice work :)

Yeah i'll try using a lighter colour now to improve on it, thanks :)!

myke
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow, that's excellent for your first! Take note of what Reality said and you'll soon be on the way to being a superstar! :P

Volumise
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow, that's excellent for your first! Take note of what Reality said and you'll soon be on the way to being a superstar! :P

Thanks and will do :)!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!