PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Change - Ends 9th May

Inseriousity.
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
http://www.iaza.com/work/100504C/conservative_logo6206358446-iaza.gif
With the General Election getting closer, a lot of parties are saying to Vote For Change. So I was wondering, what would you change? For this competition, outline the ONE thing you would change about your country and why? The best explanation wins! Good luck!

Prize: 1 month VIP + 20 rep

Please note: Just because the competition uses a Conservative logo does not mean we favourtise this party. We like to remain impartial so on that note: vote Labour, vote Lib Dem, vote whoever you like!

22andy2231
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
i would change how people live.

we see people on the streets which is very sad and makes us think how lucky we are. but others treat them by spitting on them.

what i would do is set up homes for the homeless so that they could feel like they belong and that people really do care for them.

this would open many jobs for kitchen staff cleaners and even builders who would build these sites.

i think that this would be excellent as it helps homeless people and also the country get some more jobs in

Narnat,
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Things for Change !

There are so many things that would make the world alot better to be changed but the first thing that came to my mind was US ! kids & Teens.
You shouldn't have to pay to go to school many people would do anything to go to school but they can't because of the costs. And I really don't like the idea of Schools being better than others with there education rate. I think all schools should have the exact same curiculum and people won't have to pay to go to posh private schools because all schools would be the same. Also if kids dont want to go to school they should have an alternitive .. like college but maybe have a school for kids who find school hard and difficult to cope with which there work and lessons are the same but introduced in a different way.

Kids who are suicidal.
In Britian and Europe this is a big problem which mainly occurse with Teenagers. I feel as if teenagers shouldnt ever have to come to this conclusion. There are many people for teens to talk to but I don't think always talking to adults is the best thing as sometimes sharing things will a peer is more comftorable. Irl I do this as a job and just speek to teens around my age and help them out and 9 times out of 10 all they need is someone to talk to so i feel that more places like this should be introduced were they talk to there peers and get some help and advice.

Child Abuse
Child abuse concerns me alot. I think there should be more child protection authorities around and have been fully trained as sometimes the counclier isnt always fully trained and mistakes happen. It's never right to take a child away from its mother and father but in some circumstnances i feel that it might not be the parents fault as It can sometimes be from addiction or the parents are mentaly Ill. I think what should happen is the child is removed temporay and the family gets counciling ( in certian circumstances of course) and the family is there for mended together.

These are only a few things which i would change i have hundreds more but ya know :)!

We are the future .. we shouldnt let these things stop that.

Blinger$
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
The thing i want to see changed for Australia is how we deal with immigrants. A lot of Asian countries (and middle eastern, like Afghanistan etc) all know that we are an easy target for illegal immigration because the system is so poor. As long as your boat gets near the Australian waters, you are almost guaranteed a citizenship!
I want the K.RUDD government to kick some of these people out, and tell them to "go back home". This does sound rude i know, but our detention facilities on Christmas Islands are overflowing because of it!

p.s, i have nothing against immigrants, heck, my parents both migrated here from europe.. i just think the currant system is a joke ;)

Deathstowel
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
NOTE: All these are sub-Categrorizer of the major problem.

The Countries Debt

We are living in a country with Not billions but Trillions in debt. i am about to explain with examples because i thought hard about this and i have noticed this whole country is satisfied in greed. This country is all about our needs and wants. And to be honest i feel sorry for the government. They try there hardest to provide for our needs. but when it all goes wrong cause we demand more, They are blamed. So cut-backs ect... are going to be engaged and then we are all to suffer.

Education - University
Okay In the 1980's A degree Would have Gone a long way in your personal career. it would have got you a Good job, Nice house ect.. But now because of what the working class people have seen of these people with degrees. They simply want to have what they have. So in the past 30 years The society has changed, More and More people have been going to university, And due to the increase in people having degrees people are still Finding it hard to get a job. And because of this big increase The Prices have Risen to join University due to lack of teachers and funding So more people are going into debt Before they even get into the open world and the Degrees are now slowing loosing it Educational value making it still a really hard fight to get a job. We all know you can get help form the government with prices but one you do start earning over £18,000 a year they start to take the majority of there money back. Which causes The debt. now they are introducing a new course from the start of this year there is a Masters degree. To not only boost up chances of mastering the technique, they are to give you a higher chances of getting a job in your profession. But what i also noticed since the country is in debt to do this master class the price is nearly double the degree course and you CANNOT get help form the government for this course. It may be a good plan of action but then more and more people are loosing money. will this cycle of Boosting education and take more and more be never ending?

Living - Accommodation
The way people live? So what i have noticed also because of this countries greed many family are spread out. in the majority of families, Nan and Granddad live in a house, Mum and dad live in another house, Kids move away for UNI. This is another cause of debt. Us as a culture want to all be individual and i understand this i want to move out to. But in the long run all 3 sets of family members are all consequently paying of debts to keep all those houses. If we even took away one of the houses the family would be better off, The government Will have more people here in the U.k Potentially meaning more money to the society. For example "Asian/Indian" Families come over, start up a business common known as "Corner Shops" or "Indian take aways" They are all family runned, So all money goes to them. They all live in the same house so they are saving space. So potentially there family will grow, a grow because there not paying for much. Is it better to be compact and have the in-come come in or be spaced out and have a bigger out-come than in-come?

So there is no 1 thing you can change without having other follow up on this action. It is so hard to do so. if the Government took a plan of action i do feel that they would Either make us Better of and the country Worse. Or Making us Worse and the country better of. So there is no way of fully restoring the country with one action.

But i personally would tackle the Debt Problem! This is cause poverty amongst out own community. This is the main problem and in my defense i feel we can sort it but will have to suffer yet more consequences.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!