PDA

View Full Version : Habboxlive Listeners

despect
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Just kinda confused about why they've been really low recently i just tuned in and we had 100 listeners at 6pm :S

and they've been really low for the past couple of weeks, where have the listeners gone :(

never actually seen them this low before...

=Lizzy
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Didnt Hxl have most listeners in like winter, its getting darker later now so most people are out, If this isnt the reason idk :(

scott
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
We were having some problems with the radio server recently since there was a password change. Currently we are trying to change the bitrate of the radio as well so it's basically just some trial and error with that at the moment i think as some DJs aren't able to stay connected and some listeners aren't able to stay tuned in. Hopefully we can get it sorted soon though :)!

They could also be a bit lower as people have exams coming up and stuff like that so have other commitments :P

Melsia
06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Every time that I've tuned into HxL recently I've ended up tuning out after like five minutes because the quality of DJing has been very low, I don't mean that in an offensive way at all because obviously it's not all DJs and it could just be me tuning in at bad times however that could be effecting listener numbers as well?

despect
06-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Every time that I've tuned into HxL recently I've ended up tuning out after like five minutes because the quality of DJing has been very low, I don't mean that in an offensive way at all because obviously it's not all DJs and it could just be me tuning in at bad times however that could be effecting listener numbers as well?

i have to agree tbh, the quality of djing has gone down quite a bit, and sorry if this does seem offensive its not targeting any habboxlive dj at all, just my opinion.

scott
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM

i have to agree tbh, the quality of djing has gone down quite a bit, and sorry if this does seem offensive its not targeting any habboxlive dj at all, just my opinion.

If you have any complaints about the DJs then do send myself and Jess a PM about it. We check the quality of DJs often and myself see no problems with it. But since you think there is do send us a PM ;)

wixard
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
GET MEREE BACK

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post pointlessly.

Keri?!
06-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Personally, I feel the DJ's at Habbox are great, okay a few problems here and there, other than that they're good DJ's.
Not many DJ's have changed since we had high listeners..so it isn't exactly the DJ's fault

Cosmic
06-05-2010, 05:59 PM
The drop in listeners was pretty sudden (perhaps even overnight). I think it's a little unfair to suggest that certain DJs aren't up to scratch. As Dinasaw said, with exam season looming, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a factor in the decline.

despect
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
The drop in listeners was pretty sudden (perhaps even overnight). I think it's a little unfair to suggest that certain DJs aren't up to scratch. As Dinasaw said, with exam season looming, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a factor in the decline.

we're not mentioning "certain djs" we're saying the quaility has possibly gone down a little, thats all :).

Melsia
06-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Personally, I feel the DJ's at Habbox are great, okay a few problems here and there, other than that they're good DJ's.
Not many DJ's have changed since we had high listeners..so it isn't exactly the DJ's fault

I was only simply posting my concerns from my experiences from tuning in, I said I didn't mean it in an offensive way - I obviously wouldn't seeing as I like HxL generally - I just thought it important that it's also considered.

Grig
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think it's fair to judge a decline in listeners to exam season, as it was fine in past years. As for radio server, I agree the 96 kb/s bitrate isn't good for radio in general, as computer connections for some DJs aren't as strong, so at an ideal they should be at 64.

As for DJing, quality I'm not going to say it's awful, but I think other radio stations seem to be getting ahead of the pack in terms of this at the moment and I've seen better. Although without denail there are still some great DJs :).

This is just my opinion however :). Mel has every right to also post her views like we all do.

Kieran
06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Its all very well saying the quality isn't great.... But you need to say why so that we can make changes and improve it.

wixard
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
we're not mentioning "certain djs" we're saying the quaility has possibly gone down a little, thats all :).

not everybody is sad enough to give up college for djing at habboxlive okay!

Molly.22
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I did realise that the listeners were rather low. I did try to get them up by saying about doing a comp and they did rise. Atleast they are now at 121. Hopefully when the merge happens they will rise. :)

,Jess,
06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Actually I am not sure the listeners have dropped because of HabboxLive.

Obviously some of the listeners come from people going on Habbox.com for rare values, news etc. When we get really high listeners people say we wouldn't get them if it wasn't for all of that and when they are low it is suddenly all to do with the radio and not the other Habbox depts.

From observation I would say that the listeners may have dropped slightly but the overall popularity of Habbox has dropped a lot and the way it is showing is through the radio stats so the quality of Habbox as a whole should be questioned not just DJs (who I think are much better than other sites even though I'm biased). That is not to say we won't try and do our part in improving things but it isn't just down to DJs.

Narnat,
06-05-2010, 06:19 PM
not everybody is sad enough to give up college for djing at habboxlive okay!

Tbh, That has nothing to do with the listners and I dont appreciate the fact that has been brought into the subject as it has nothing to do with it at all.

::Art::
06-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I feel the new djs don't have enough experience. If we give them time it will surely get better.

scott
06-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I feel the new djs don't have enough experience. If we give them time it will surely get better.

We can't always promote people with experience :P Surely the fact we are hiring them is giving them experience and will help them improve if there is any need for them to :)

Circadia
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
i haven't been on in a long time because it's summer time and its getting darker later plus there is hardly anything i am interested in habbox anymore nothing has really changed apart from new layouts and new dj's there are some new features as well but nothing much that interest me anymore that might be the reason for some people that they are simply ... getting bored ? there is also the thing with exams coming up alot of people are study so there's 3 possible reasons

::Art::
06-05-2010, 06:28 PM
We can't always promote people with experience :P Surely the fact we are hiring them is giving them experience and will help them improve if there is any need for them to :)

We just need to give them some time. I'm not saying only hire experienced djs or whatever. I'm just saying that I don't think they have enough experience. Surely they will gain it after time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!