PDA

View Full Version : In need of basic CMS

DannLea
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone,
I've hit a snag recently while designing a website for a friend of mine. They requested me to build a website for free for a non-profit organization. I accepted the task, but I didn't realize they wanted a CMS as well.. There's my problem.

I can code well in HTML and CSS, but I haven't had any time to look into tutorials for PHP. I would really appreciate if someone could code me up a basic CMS. It doesn't have to be fancy looking, I understand scripts enough to be able to work around them and add good looking content, but I can't make the system myself.

That being said, Here's the features that would be helpful for the CMS:

1. Editing feature (When he goes to edit a page, it would be helpful for the current page content is displayed in the edit box)
2. 5 different sections to display / edit
3. One section has to have a kind of archive ability.. The page will be a blog type idea, and I'd like it so that the page that he displays on shows the 2 most recent posts he's made.

And, if you have extra time :) I would be forever in debt of you if you could throw in features such as:
1. Upload script on each page that is optional
2. A login script

I know I'm asking a lot, but I would really appreciate it if someone would take this project!

Again, most of these are optional, If you could just build be a CMS that works, I'd be happy! A feature I mainly want, though, it the edit option.

Thanks in advance!
Dann

Colin-Roberts
08-05-2010, 05:52 PM
why not use joomla?

DannLea
08-05-2010, 06:02 PM
why not use joomla?

Well, I considered that, but Joomla and like CMS's are just TOO complicated haha,
I'm looking for something simple but efficient.

HabpodProject
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I Can Sort Of Code Css Daniel But I don't no about The Editing Feature i could try if you want.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!