PDA

View Full Version : new rule

W00TZEH
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Can you make it against the rules to advertise facebook groups / pages? x)

Tintinnabulate
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Can you make it against the rules to advertise facebook groups / pages? x)

There aren't that many that are posted. It will only make the Spam forum worse.

Nixt
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I really don't see the problem in people advertising Facebook groups. I wouldn't say we would allow anyone to post something like "JOIN THIS FB GROUP" repeatedly but if they want to draw people's attention to it as a one off there isn't any real problem. It's not like it happens very often so there certainly isn't any real reason to make this against the rules at this point in time.

Gibs960
08-05-2010, 09:55 PM
If you made a facebook group/page I'm sure you'd want people to join, HxF is an easy and free way of advertising your group/page.

Mathew
08-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I can't really see them banning Facebook advertising yet allowing links to their competing fansites.. somehow :P
Doesn't really matter. The one today is the first one I've seen in months anyway..

wixard
08-05-2010, 10:35 PM
yeah but they could say 'join this fb group' and the group would have like 8 members
and if people joined you could easily find peoples facebook that may contain private info!?!?!
!!!

Nixt
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
It's a somewhat indirect risk and one that people must be prepared to take if they are to join groups that are posted on the forum.

Hecktix
09-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I think adding such a rule would be excessive and too strict, I have no problems with facebook groups being "advertised" so long as it is in spam.

Tintinnabulate
09-05-2010, 11:18 AM
It's a somewhat indirect risk and one that people must be prepared to take if they are to join groups that are posted on the forum.

Yeah I agree. A lot of the groups which are posted are funny so keeping them is good. The person who said its a security risk or whatever, a lot of people here now speak on skype or have each other on facebook, so its nothing that major.

Black_Apalachi
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Facebook groups come up in general conversation all the time in real life so it makes absolutely no sense to restrict it online. Besides it's not really advertising.

GommeInc
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
If another rule is created I'd personally strangle Oli/Garion ;)

That's reason enough. Besides, Facebook pages are useless as a type of advertising and if people spam pages with them then they're breaking a rule anyway - pointless posting/spam :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!