PDA

View Full Version : Victory Parade in Moscow.

kuzkasate
09-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Russia’s President Dmitry Medvedev, opening the 65th Victory Parade on Red Square in Moscow on Sunday morning, lauded the indomitable courage and strength of the Soviet people who stopped the hordes of fascists and put an end to Nazi ideology aimed at annihilating whole nations. After that, troop units dressed in modern and WWII military uniforms paraded through the square. Marching alongside Russian servicemen were soldiers from countries of the anti-Hitler coalition – the United States, Britain, France and Poland, and troop units from post-Soviet Republics. Then, legendary Soviet T-34 tanks rolled through, followed by modern weaponry, including the Topol-M heavy ballistic missile launchers. The leaders of more than 20 countries and other foreign guests were overseeing the parade which wound up in a spectacular air show. Similar Victory parades took place in all Cities of Military Glory across Russia.

British soldiers marched down the Red Square too I saw :P My great grandmas both were visited by local government and were awarded a 65 years medal & given 5000 roubles.

Just thought I'd share and wanted to add how much I thank all the Soviet soldiers who were involved in WW2. My great grandad signed up at the age of 15, and has medals right down to his knees.

R.I.P all those who died.

Hitman
13-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes, that was rather spectacular. (h)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!