PDA

View Full Version : Findmydrive Awards [IDEAS]

Bewilcorp
12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Hello,

One of my ideas with Findmydrive is to do a yearly award. Instructor of the year and Learner Driver of the year.

How this would is that we would work with different agencies like AA and Ladybird to create this ceremony.

Instructors will be able to nominate there pupils for excellence, and the pupils will be able to nominate there instructors.

Prizes are to be confirmed.

The reason why I am posting this is to get your views? What do you think? What's your ideas? If you were hosting this event what would you do differently?

Thanks for reading.

P.S Findmydrive 2.0 is now up!

http://www.Findmydrive.com

Jonster
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I can't see this working purely because you have to be a of a certain standard to pass your driving test; you can't just blag your way through it. Therefore you could say every driver on the road would be suitable as a nominee. Besides, with such a huge market in terms of learner drivers, it would be almost impossible to select a winner - there would be thousands of nominees all to more or less the same standard - it's the same with instructors.

Bewilcorp
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Hello Jonster,

I can see what your getting at. All of which I have fully thought about. You'll be surprised that every learner is different. There is some cases in driving where they have done something special. It's like a 'Pride of Britain'. I'm hoping you get what I'm getting at. Also its about recognising the instructors out there that put alot of effort into the market. So there will be an award for the instructor with the highest pass rate for example.

Thanks for your comment, +Rep.

Jam
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
You can't really rate instructors solely on their pass rate, they could either be letting 'everyone' through or the drivers may just ignore what they're saying therefore negating whatever skills/experience the instructor has.

Bewilcorp
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello,

This is just an idea. Obversely we need to work out how we are going to do this. We will be working closely with a few market leaders to draw plans together.

Thanks for your comments.

LMS16
13-05-2010, 03:40 PM
If you look at it properly, its a fail.
Its not going to happen.
Do you have the funds to put this award out? Do you have a time to set it up?
Is findmydrive even that popular? no.

Noone will be interested, who wants an award when you have just passed your test?

I wish you luck though :)

Lew.

Bewilcorp
13-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Hello Lew,

The fact you don't seem to think things through deeply saddens me. You need to try new things. This is a new project. We have the time and the money.

Thanks for your comment, and I hope we prove you wrong,

Ben

LMS16
14-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I have nothing to think about lol, i wish you luck though :)

Lew.

MattFr
14-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Is findmydrive even that popular? no.

^this.

Kudos to you for trying something new, but I doubt it will work unless you get some kind of partnership with some big driving schools going. Marketing this is going to require more money than you have too.

Bewilcorp
15-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Who's Kudos? Anyway, Err yeah thanks for your comments. Yeah money is something we will need to think about.

We are drawing up all our idea's.

Apolva
15-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Just on an unrelated note about your site,

I was just trying out some of your theory tests (great idea btw) but the number of stupid answers/grammatical errors surprised me.

I think you really ought to fix these mistakes/remove the silly answers to make it seem more professional.

When your late for a hair appointment

How about adding some motoring news on the home page?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!