PDA

View Full Version : revision

immense
13-05-2010, 04:13 PM
i've decided as of monday i'll do proper revision, it's my a2 exams in history, english lit and sociology. how many hours do you recommend per night?

matt$
13-05-2010, 04:19 PM
2 hours with breaks in between otherwise you'll get bored and tired and you'll most likely just give up.

immense
13-05-2010, 04:20 PM
hey matt!! that's exactly what garion said o.O!

matt$
13-05-2010, 04:26 PM
hows ninjaJ@ffa still stalking/trying to kill you?

Catzsy
13-05-2010, 04:26 PM
i've decided as of monday i'll do proper revision, it's my a2 exams in history, english lit and sociology. how many hours do you recommend per night?

How many weeks have you got left before exams? I would say don't revise heavily every night. 2 hours sounds about right but it depends on the way you work. I tend to start with my subjects that need more work so it is less stressful as it goes along. I am assuming all coursework is done?

immense
13-05-2010, 04:30 PM
hows ninjaJ@ffa still stalking/trying to kill you?
omg lol he saw me the other day on habbo and said he was coming to kill me this summer so i told him i live in america hhehee

How many weeks have you got left before exams? I would say don't revise heavily every night. 2 hours sounds about right but it depends on the way you work. I tend to start with my subjects that need more work so it is less stressful as it goes along. I am assuming all coursework is done?

Well they're around 15th until the end of June. So that's like 5-7 weeks I think. All coursework is done, hasn't been a great success unfortunately so I need to up my game a little for these.

Nixt
13-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I would prob have a break mid week too as well. Maybe revise 4 / 5 days a week in order to break it up and make it less boring!

Catzsy
13-05-2010, 04:37 PM
omg lol he saw me the other day on habbo and said he was coming to kill me this summer so i told him i live in america hhehee

Well they're around 15th until the end of June. So that's like 5-7 weeks I think. All coursework is done, hasn't been a great success unfortunately so I need to up my game a little for these.

Well I think it would be worthwhile perhaps trying to get the coursework up to a higher standard first if you are allowed. Build up the revision slowly doing the hardest stuff first so that you get the motivation going. You seem to have plenty of time so make yourself a timetable so you know what you have and when and then plan for that. I would suggest you having at least 3 days a week off. I do it every other day.

immense
13-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, well coursework is a B I think and that can't be altered. Not awful but got As last year and wouldn't mind maintaining that.

Catzsy
13-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, well coursework is a B I think and that can't be altered. Not awful but got As last year and wouldn't mind maintaining that.

Well that sounds fine and if you start establishing a routine now even if it's just a couple of hours every three days then you can up the game as you go along to make sure you have plenty of time in hand.

matt$
13-05-2010, 04:42 PM
My exam revision atm is 'I'll do it on the night' style. It's worked quite well for my english so far! :) but soon i'll have to start doing a few hours of revision myself, only way i dont die after 10minutes of it is listen to music and go into party chat on xbox. good luck though.

Tintinnabulate
14-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Just do a few hours per subject a day. Get away from all distractions.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!