PDA

View Full Version : Two new ideas

Tintinnabulate
16-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Right I will post two ideas in this rather than separately before I get told to stop spamming this forum.

1) Quick reply in PM
2) Prevent Double post

Quick Reply in PM with quote

I asked for this when we moved to vB4 but I got no reply. I think it will be a nice little feature. Also if it has quote of the PM already added in.
A live version of this is on CHF.

Prevent Double Post

A Modification exists where any double posts within 15 minutes can be auto merged. This will prevent rule breaking (well warnings given out) and will be good when you are replying to a long thread.
This modification can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233234

Richie
16-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Quick Reply in PM with quote - Not gonna make a difference to me

Prevent Double Post - Will be g, gd idea.

Tintinnabulate
16-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Quick Reply in PM with quote - Not gonna make a difference to me

Prevent Double Post - Will be g, gd idea.

The first one will be good for those who get lots of PM's i.e. managers.

And if they want, they can disable the double post one in Spam and Staff forums. i.e. Ban logs in Smod forum.

hah
16-05-2010, 08:50 PM
what happens in spam when people are allowed double post and someones wanna :S

Tintinnabulate
16-05-2010, 08:50 PM
what happens in spam when people are allowed double post and someones wanna :S

Read my post above. There is a feature to disable it in certain forums.

Forum exceptions - Allows you to exempt certain forums form the doublepost merges.

Hecktix
16-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Quick Reply in PM is a nightmare for ccing people etc and when we had it for a while at the start of vB4 it proved nothing but a huge problem for managers.

I don't like the idea of the auto-merge thing either, it would cause problems in some areas, particularly the staff forums.

Jamesy
16-05-2010, 08:52 PM
The first one will be good for those who get lots of PM's i.e. managers.

the reason we disabled quick reply in quote was because management was getting in a right muddle because the messages didn't quote. Unless you are meaning customising it?

Tintinnabulate
16-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Quick Reply in PM is a nightmare for ccing people etc and when we had it for a while at the start of vB4 it proved nothing but a huge problem for managers.

I don't like the idea of the auto-merge thing either, it would cause problems in some areas, particularly the staff forums.

Read my post above. :) It can be disabled in places such as staff forums and spam.

Inseriousity.
16-05-2010, 09:00 PM
lol you're full of ideas today +rep :)

quick reply in pm - wouldn't really affect me if I'm honest. didn't even realise we already had it.
prevent double post - between you and me, I reckon those mods are glad of the logs sometimes, don't take it away from them! ;)

Special
16-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Good ideas but they both seem to create more trouble if anything

Tintinnabulate
16-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Good ideas but they both seem to create more trouble if anything

Thanks but how would the double post merge create problems? It will surely reduce them as double posting within 15 minute isnt allowed. Any posts after 15 minute wont be merged. They wont be merged in spam or staff forums etc.

Mr-Trainor
16-05-2010, 09:49 PM
PM quick reply ~ this would be good as long as it works properly :P Many customisation would needed after Reading some of the replies.

Post merging ~ I have this on my forum and it works well so I don't see why it would be a problem here :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!