PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please..

crazed
17-05-2010, 04:00 PM
So yeah, in the end my xbox did just stop reading disk. They've said it will cost £97.00 to be fixed. Should I:

A) Get it fixed?
B) Buy a new arcade?

None of this "Buy a ps3 coz it's better l0l"...

Thanks.

samsaBEAR
17-05-2010, 05:42 PM
How old is your current xbox? Might be worth getting a new Arcade

matt$
17-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Get a new arcade

dbgtz
17-05-2010, 05:50 PM
get a ps3
lol jks just get whatever is cheaper

crazed
17-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Coming up to three years this xmas I think. I think I'm just gonna get a new arcade. Cheapest new I can find is £140 :/

Oleh
17-05-2010, 08:22 PM
You could phone in and say it has e71 error and get it fixed for freee :P

Oleh
17-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Oops i said it wrong:
1.Start off by calling 0800 587 1102

2.You will be greeted by a message about banned users (ignore it)

3.Next you want to work your way to repairs and say "Agent" to get a representative on the line.

4.If they will ask you questions (name,location,etc..) ANSWER ALL TRUTHFULLY

5.BUT (if they ask you trouble shooting (http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/147190-how-to-exchange-banned-or-unusable-console-to-microsoft-out-of-warranty-free10-step/#) questions just say you did them all) tell them the console is still displaying e74 on your TV in white letters (with black background and that the console has one red light at the bottom right).

6.If they ask you to use Xbox.com to do the repair, say it doesn't work for you.

7. If done correctly, the agent will ask you to write a reference number down, after telling you that they will send a shipping box to your address and whatever.

8.(Keep in mind, shipping and everything is covered by MS) you should receive your shipping box at your doorstep within 7-9 business days.

9. When packing Xbox in box, be sure to send JUST THE XBOX WITH NO HDD OR CABLES.

Black_Apalachi
18-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Probably as well off to find a nice package with a new one. If you did think about getting a PS3, I'd only get one of the original ones - if that means second-hand then so be it. Unless the slims have all the old features? But I doubt it.

Ardemax
18-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Buy a ps3 coz it's better l0l

ItsDave
18-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Oops i said it wrong:
1.Start off by calling 0800 587 1102

2.You will be greeted by a message about banned users (ignore it)

3.Next you want to work your way to repairs and say "Agent" to get a representative on the line.

4.If they will ask you questions (name,location,etc..) ANSWER ALL TRUTHFULLY

5.BUT (if they ask you trouble shooting (http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/147190-how-to-exchange-banned-or-unusable-console-to-microsoft-out-of-warranty-free10-step/#) questions just say you did them all) tell them the console is still displaying e74 on your TV in white letters (with black background and that the console has one red light at the bottom right).

6.If they ask you to use Xbox.com to do the repair, say it doesn't work for you.

7. If done correctly, the agent will ask you to write a reference number down, after telling you that they will send a shipping box to your address and whatever.

8.(Keep in mind, shipping and everything is covered by MS) you should receive your shipping box at your doorstep within 7-9 business days.

9. When packing Xbox in box, be sure to send JUST THE XBOX WITH NO HDD OR CABLES.

Instead of saying Agent I swore because I was tired of waiting. It was well funny hearing the machine stop and say: "Please wait while we connect you to a representative"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!