PDA

View Full Version : How to JailBreak your iPod 3.1.3

Matthew
18-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Hello guys
I mostly made this because i was bored, but it all works and I recently jailbroke my ipod with this method!

The jailbreak supports: ALL ipod touch and iphones, and even the ipad! it supports the firmwares 3.1.2, 3.1.3 and 3.2.

For Ipod Touch 3G, Iphone 3GS, Ipad
1. You need to back up your firmware (SHSH Blobs)
Go to http://www.mediafire.com/?dznm5a5mkcw and download 'Auto SHSH (for windows)
2. Put your device into restore mode. Do this by holding down the home button and the power button for around 10 seconds (it doesnt work every time).
3. Plug your ipod into your computer, and run Auto SHSH (make sure the required programs are installed)
4. Click 'Grab my SHSH Blobs' (or whatever it says xD, its the big button at the top :P)
-You have now backed up your SHSH Blobs. This was important because if you need to restore your ipod, you can restore it back to your current firmware, even if apple have released a new firmware (e.g 3.1.4)-

Now continue to use the steps below

-START HERE IF NOT USING IPOD TOUCH 3G, IPHONE 3GS OR IPAD-

For all devices

5. go to http://spiritjb.com/ and download 'Spirit jailbreak'
6. Right click the file, click 'properties', and then the compatibility tab
7. Select 'run compatibility mode for windows 98'
8. Ensure that your ipod is plugged into the computer
9. Run Spirit, it should recognize that your ipod is plugged in (saying it's current firmware and generation)
10. Click 'jailbreak', and then when it is done, click 'Finish' (or whatever comes up)

-CONGRATULATIONS! Your ipod is now jailbroken! The app 'Cydia' Will appear on you ipod, use this to download mods for your device!-

I accept no responsibility for anything that goes wrong during the jailbreaking of your ipod, although this method is tested by myself and it works perfectly. The jailbreak itself takes just seconds to do.

If anything is missing don't hesitate to tell me! :)

Sharon
18-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you ;D Might try it when I have guts on my 3G ;]

Matthew
18-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Thank you ;D Might try it when I have guts on my 3G ;]
as long as you back up your SHSH blobs, then even if something goes wrong, you can restore your iphone, and it will return to exactly how you bought it! (just with the different firmware)

Matt

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!