PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust the police?

immense
19-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Do you believe if you had an issue and you needed to get support and help from the police that you'd trust them to help you...?

Smits
19-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah i'd trust them to some extent. It really would depend what the situation was but i'd like to think that an establishment such as the police force should be trustworthy with anything i needed them for. Be it theft, assault or murder.

Stryderman
19-05-2010, 03:16 PM
no all police are bent.

nearly got arrested the other night for not letting them in the house..

They knocked on the door i opened they go we need to come in i go you have a warrent? They say yeh i go show me they say no so i went to close the door they put their foot in the way and then come in anyway. NOT ALLOWED road wars said so and plus hey have taken the piss out of me round town before so whenever i see any police or community support i give them abuse

ifuseekamy
19-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes, but the police seem to be like the NHS and people either have good experiences or bad experiences. I've only had good experiences fortunately.

Rozi
19-05-2010, 03:21 PM
omg I love road wars ^

and yeah i'd trust em, never had any problems with them before and they were really helpful when our car got stolen.

lorren
19-05-2010, 03:23 PM
sometimes, but whenever my dads like called them or something i've heard about, they aint been very reliable >.<

Hecktix
19-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I do trust the Police in general, however I have experienced bent police officers personally so it obviously does go on, I saw a Police officer knock someone to the ground with the punch, the person had posed no threat to the officer. The officer claimed he had a "knife". The kid recieved a formal written apology from the police although the officer didn't get charged... but yeh I trust them in general but when it comes to protecting themselves police will go out of their way to protect eachother from formal trouble, including if it involves breaking the law.

GommeInc
19-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes, but the police seem to be like the NHS and people either have good experiences or bad experiences. I've only had good experiences fortunately.
Same :) They're pretty decent in this area, but I'd imagine towns and cities may have poor police conduct in contrast.

immense
19-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I think they're overly aggressive and their job makes them actively look for people committing crime which just shows a lack of trust in society. I still think it's a racist/sexist/homophobic institution.

Jordy
19-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I trust them yeah, I don't think you find corrupt coppers and stuff much like you used to where it was a widespread issue. Whether they'll actually help me or not I'm not sure, but their intentions are good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!