PDA

View Full Version : External CSS

Stephen!
20-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey, I'm working on a project at college. I've got to "Describe various methods can be used to access external CSS" and then compare them.

I only know of one way to access external CSS and that is to do direct to the .css file in the header of the page.

Anybody know of any other ways? I've looked around but haven't seem to find anything about it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section as there doesn't seem to be a clear place where we can generally discuss websites.

Cheers guys.

LMS16
20-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Had a look around and this is all I can find :)

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_howto.asp

Hope it helps.

Lew.

Blob
20-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't really get the question. Is it asking how you can have stylesheets on your webpage? If so you can use the likes of @import and a link tag.

redtom
20-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Are you sure its not asking you the diffrences between the 3 main ways of using CSS one a which is through an external style sheet?

Stephen!
20-05-2010, 10:28 PM
No, that's a different question which I have already answered. Inline, External and Internal. This question is asking me for the different types of external CSS which I'm not entirely true more than one of them exist.

redtom
20-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Hmm.. I haven't come across anyother way, and dont really see why there would be any need for one "/
I think Best bet is to ask your tutor.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!